All things Dundee FC

We have two trialists in. I know nothing about either other than 'they don't look Scottish'. I didn't know how to interpret that so just posted it as it was told to me.

Someone's trying to be politically correct.

They're black.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Well thats the Midfield sorted,

Decon - Allan - McGowan? - Wolters

O'Hara too as back up, think we definitely sorted for midfield. Just Berbatov now and we're ready for the new season <;)>Think I'll head to Paisley during the week to have a gander at the new boys, hate friendlies but dying to see some of the new additions.

We do have O'hara too, dunno if he can play central?

True, Vincent did a decent job there last season too although it's neither of their natural positions. I'd like us to sign a proper holding midfielder but I've been wishing this forever.

True, Vincent did a decent job there last season too although it's neither of their natural positions. I'd like us to sign a proper holding midfielder but I've been wishing this forever.

You know the positions of the two trialists?

I agree, would like a defensive midfielder but O'Hara has the potential to be that guy. And whilst I love McGowan, I don't think he'd physically be able to do the role required of him unless McCann is planning a 5 man midfield?

We need to get a couple more off the books but we still need a CH, a goalkeeper and a striker for definite.

You know the positions of the two trialists?

I agree, would like a defensive midfielder but O'Hara has the potential to be that guy. And whilst I love McGowan, I don't think he'd physically be able to do the role required of him unless McCann is planning a 5 man midfield?

We need to get a couple more off the books but we still need a CH, a goalkeeper and a striker for definite.

Nah, I don't know anything about them! Having proper wingers in the side would probably allow us to play 3 in the middle of the park, and in that case we would probably be fine playing either Vincent or O'Hara in that position as there would be more cover if they wanted to get forward.

On the other hand I would like to see Haber and Loy play together as I don't think either of them are suited to play up there on their own.

Deacon and Macho Man both appear to be left wingers from what I've been reading although can play on either wing. So I expect our right winger to be one that cuts in with the left hugging the touch line.