All things Dundee FC

Absolutely not having the pish that our defence is horrendous. Seen it posted on here and every form of social media and it's just such lazy criticism. Just because we've conceded a lot of goals the defence is all of a sudden a shambles - if you watch the game properly it's actually not the defences fault.

Allan was subbed today and rightly so imo. Only problem with the sub was it was the wrong player who replaced him. Time and time again Holt was left 2 on 1 down the left because Allan was walking back down the park - nothing pisses me off more than midfielders doing this. Don't know if he thinks he's too good that he doesn't have to defend but i'd have had him off earlier tbh. Deacon was the same but not quite as bad on the other side.

I actually thought Waddell and Hendry both had decent games.

McGowan not starting, especially in games like that, is fucking suicide. As soon as I saw the team I knew we were in trouble.

But can we cut out the scapegoat pish on the two (four) young lads at the back - arguably been some of our better performers this season. Midfield is just lazy as f**k.

McCann has brought in 11 players and splashed a whole load of cash. We've got the exact same problems as last season. An attack force that is utterly toothless (And Moussa is a big shite haddy), a midfield that neither creates chances nor excels at winning the ball back and finally a defence that hasn't heard of the word 'positioning'. We've got some cracking players and McCann deserves kudos for some of the talented players he's signed but it's beginning to look like he doesn't know how to manage them. His substitutions are more than a bit bewildering, the stand off he took with Haber, Spence being unable to make the bench then starting after a 2 week layoff, his constant tinkering with the central midfield position, his utilisation of Scott Allan. We need to learn from our mistakes and fast or we'll be rooted to the bottom.

The biggest concern is that we look like we have the makings of a good side then make mistakes that a junior side would be disappointed in making.

McCann has brought in 11 players and splashed a whole load of cash. We've got the exact same problems as last season. An attack force that is utterly toothless (And Moussa is a big shite haddy), a midfield that neither creates chances nor excels at winning the ball back and finally a defence that hasn't heard of the word 'positioning'. We've got some cracking players and McCann deserves kudos for some of the talented players he's signed but it's beginning to look like he doesn't know how to manage them. His substitutions are more than a bit bewildering, the stand off he took with Haber, Spence being unable to make the bench then starting after a 2 week layoff, his constant tinkering with the central midfield position, his utilisation of Scott Allan. We need to learn from our mistakes and fast or we'll be rooted to the bottom.

The biggest concern is that we look like we have the makings of a good side then make mistakes that a junior side would be disappointed in making.

You've hit the nail on the head Ludo. I think there's something wrong with Scott Allan. He undoubtedly was a good player but he's not looking that way now. Moussa does appear to be a big haddy as you say. Its poor when after making 11 signings Haber is still our best striker.

Also agree with Ross, not starting McGowan, crazy stuff.

Not wanting to comfort you p***ks, but under Lomas we failed to win any of our first eight games before randomly stumbling upon a formation and team that eventually saw us finish 3rd. Fives game in is too early to have defined your season.

Not wanting to comfort you p***ks, but under Lomas we failed to win any of our first eight games before randomly stumbling upon a formation and team that eventually saw us finish 3rd. Fives game in is too early to have defined your season.

Lomas had a background in football management rather watching games and then talking about them for a bit.

Lomas had a background in football management rather watching games and then talking about them for a bit.

He'd completely bombed in non-league football before us. Would say TW was his assistant though, so his influence was still on show, as Lomas was pretty much despised by the squad.

14 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Absolutely not having the pish that our defence is horrendous. Seen it posted on here and every form of social media and it's just such lazy criticism. Just because we've conceded a lot of goals the defence is all of a sudden a shambles - if you watch the game properly it's actually not the defences fault.

Allan was subbed today and rightly so imo. Only problem with the sub was it was the wrong player who replaced him. Time and time again Holt was left 2 on 1 down the left because Allan was walking back down the park - nothing pisses me off more than midfielders doing this. Don't know if he thinks he's too good that he doesn't have to defend but i'd have had him off earlier tbh. Deacon was the same but not quite as bad on the other side.

I actually thought Waddell and Hendry both had decent games.

McGowan not starting, especially in games like that, is fucking suicide. As soon as I saw the team I knew we were in trouble.

But can we cut out the scapegoat pish on the two (four) young lads at the back - arguably been some of our better performers this season. Midfield is just lazy as f**k.

Totally agree with RossDee01.  Very unfair to just blame the defence.  Imagine being a defender knowing that no matter how many mistakes the opposition defenders make your team mates are unlikely to score.  Yet if you make one or two mistakes your likely to lose a goal.  That puts a huge amount of pressure on any defender, let alone young defenders still learning the trade.

Bottom line is we don't seem to have any forward or midfield players that will regularly get a goal.

A wee bit OTT on here. We've now got a midfield that doesn't create? I take it we've forgot about the numerous chances created in the last 3 then to win them all. 

Ross County I was hoping for 3 points, the rest have been c***s of a fixture list early season. Yes I include Hamilton away because of that c**t of a surface. Now's the time to start picking up points. 

The midfield creating chances is only half their job - that's not the problem. The problem is that when we lose the ball, the only midfield players interested in winning it back are Kamara and McGowan when he plays. We can't compete with a half arsed midfield i'm afraid. With 100% effort I'm confident we have a good enough team.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That deserves a red dot you c**t.

I'll not give you one just because I actually find you amusing. 

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

The midfield creating chances is only half their job - that's not the problem. The problem is that when we lose the ball, the only midfield players interested in winning it back are Kamara and McGowan when he plays. We can't compete with a half arsed midfield i'm afraid. With 100% effort I'm confident we have a good enough team.

Who's half arsed?

Spot on Daydream. The budgets of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts way out strip ours and make it very difficult for us to compete with them. St Johnstone over the past couple of years have been the exception though. Taking Hibs as example, they had 5 internationalists playing against us. Not sure we've ever fielded a team with 5 internationalists in it. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Shut the f**k up, Walter. The one time that RandomGuy posts something that I like the sound of and you try and ruin it you big nosed c**t.

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Yesterday the whole midfield. With the exception of Kamara I will add.

I thought you were meaning in general, basically every game. 

Yesterday we were set up far to open imo. McCann will learn from this. Could've been worse, we could've been set up to sit in and wait on the inevitable doing ala Hartley style.