All things Dundee FC

Most frustrating things for me last night were:

That Haber was brought into the team with a proven track record of being a good target man who can hold the ball up and bring others into play. so, we play 90% of our long balls towards Moussa, Holt or Curran!!!! What balls he did get played to him, he won a good 80% or more of, but it wasn't enough to make an impact, as too many were wasted on the other three going forward.

We STILL can't get a high percentage of decent crosses in. Deacon's free kicks were woeful and crosses from open play from just about everyone else were terrible too. Been saying this for the past three seasons at least, but still not sorted.

Curran looks promising going forward, but really poor defensively.

We have some pretty decent link-up play in the middle third. However, we play heart-attack inducing balls in our defensive third and total dogshite in the attacking third.

It's looking more and more likely now that, barring some kind of miracle January signing, we will be lowest scorers in this league. That, combined with an inability to keep a clean sheet, points only one way; DAB-league beckons if we don't get out act together sharp-ish.

Imo the passing the ball out from the back is excellent and it opens the park up for the midfielders. The guys at the back and Bain are very good at it. I'd hate to see us going back to just launching it up the park in the hope we might retain possession. 

The more i think about it the more I scratch my head as to why McCann didn't keep the same 11 that started on Saturday. We bossed a majority of that game and if it were for 2 stupid error we'd have won it comfortably.

Putting Haber in was an unnecessary mistake last night. If he felt he need to try him at least take Moussa out!