All things Dundee FC

Do you think that would be an up front fee? Or in installments?
Aren't most deals just installments? It shouldn't really matter as we do seem to have an overdraft facility with the owners so I wouldn't really see it being an issue.

Speroni and Adam. Good pics.
Nevertheless no big league football until ICT in the Cup, it's a total bore fest.

Might as well piss off to the Canaries for some sunshine, some beer and maybe some dogging with a corpulent German bint in the dunes - otherwise it's pretend to be interested in the Championship! Not much choice really.....

Most of the clubs around us have started strengthening. Killie are getting naismith, motherwell have signed a new striker and seemingly St Johnstone are getting Peter Pawlett. We need to get a move on with things, get jon signed up and make a decision on AJ. I have faith in NM but I don't think it's a good idea to let things drag till the end of the month 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
4 hours ago, LiamDFC said:
maxresdefault.jpg

Out of contract in the Summer and Palace are after a new goalkeeper...

He'll be signed on again. It's Steve Parish that offers him a new contract every year rather than the manager, I reckon this might be his last playing season unless he's loaned out by Palace though, perfect opportunity for us. He'd be the best keeper in the league still at 39 I reckon.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Even today's Sara would put these strikers to shame.

The said thing about that Johnnydun is your not far off the truth there but I do know a player who is better than Sara:

Oh, eh, oh we’ve got Glen Kamara.  Oh, eh, oh he’s better than Juan Sara.  Oh, eh, oh he never gives the ball away. 1,2,3,4.........

Joking aside after the St Johnstone game McCann was saying he hadn’t really looked too deeply into bringing in new players as he’s just been concentrating on winning.  I’m hoping he was just saying that to deflect the inevitable next question.  A decent striker is an absolute must!

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Joking aside after the St Johnstone game McCann was saying he hadn’t really looked too deeply into bringing in new players as he’s just been concentrating on winning.  I’m hoping he was just saying that to deflect the inevitable next question.  A decent striker is an absolute must!

Given how vocal he was about the lack of scouting network during the summer I'm interested to see what McCann does in this window. I'd have thought he'd have been asking the club to get a head of recruitment in place ready for January.

Edited by capt_oats

Given how vocal he was about the lack of scouting network during the summer I'm interested to see what McCann does in this window. I'd have thought he'd have been asking the club to get a head of recruitment in place ready for January.

I would guess we dont have a proper network with a head-of as we cant afford it?

49 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

I would guess we dont have a proper network with a head-of as we cant afford it?

No idea but McCann was pretty explicit about having a set up in January when he was talking about it in July.

"We need help," he added. "We've been chasing our tails a bit this time. We need a database so that come January, if we want to strengthen, we have a list we can choose from rather than running about crazy 24 hours a day taking calls, looking on Wyscout, looking at games."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40635626

I know Motherwell have their own set up. Originally it was Gary Owers, it was him that identified Marvin Johnson, Moult etc but since he left it's been a guy called Martin Foyle who covers the English leagues and works in conjunction with our performance analysts.

@Girth might be able to shed a bit of light on it but I'm not sure how much investment would actually be needed to get a guy in for a Head of Recruitment position.

I'm pretty sure this has already been linked to but the Record did an excellent feature on Hibs set up a couple of weeks ago: 
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hibs-transfer-strategy-uncovered-club-11758466

Edited by capt_oats