All things Dundee FC

Don't know if it's been posted before, but Spanish Jon has re-signed for the team that he left to join us. Strange one, looked a good player to me but obviously something else going on there. Good luck to the guy. 

f**k me!!!!
Near gave me a heart attack!
First post at the top of the new page, and for a split second I thought we'd brought big Kev home to Dens. Was about to phone McCann and offer him first dibs on my missus.

I’d give him first dibs on me if we pulled that off.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kamara says he's delighted to still be at Dundee and has no thoughts of leaving.

“No thoughts of leaving”.  I’d be even more amazed than I would be delighted (and that’s saying something) if Kamara is still here by the close of the transfer window.  

I can just see it now,Utd fans cursing Dundee for offloading our strikers to there rivals before getting cold sweats at the thought of us all heading to there fourm to rip the fucking pish out of them when haber/el bak bang in a few.

I feel a orgasm coming on.

16 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

I can just see it now,Utd fans cursing Dundee for offloading our strikers to there rivals before getting cold sweats at the thought of us all heading to there fourm to rip the fucking pish out of them when haber/el bak bang in a few.

I feel a orgasm coming on.

:lol:

Definitely top trolling of the Dayglos by the club

Not a doom and gloom but honestly how many of you have total faith in McCann?

I honestly believe he won a lucky bas**rd contest and got a job that he should never have been considered for.

His recruitment is slow but looks positive (bar Hamilton and Spence) but the hat draw for starting XI and his inability to put personal grudges aside is to our detriment.

Haber should not have been loaned. I didn't rate him but he was as close to a replacement for Moussa as we could hope to get and with his contract expiring soon would be trying to swoon suitors.

I honestly believe he won a lucky bas**rd contest and got a job that he should never have been considered for.
His recruitment is slow but looks positive (bar Hamilton and Spence) but the hat draw for starting XI and his inability to put personal grudges aside is to our detriment.
Haber should not have been loaned. I didn't rate him but he was as close to a replacement for Moussa as we could hope to get and with his contract expiring soon would be trying to swoon suitors.
Strikers are a priority,to let haber go suggests we must have something nearly done.

Tbh I’m expecting us to sign another CH with the money we’ve freed up. We’ve been looking for strikers for a couple seasons so don’t see why this problem will be addressed now.

45 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Haber being loaned out free's up a wage to bring somebody better than Haber in hopefully. A boy that can play decent more than 1 in every 4 or 5 games when he feels like it.

There's a lack of striking options which is evident to everyone but am I the only one concerned with our lack of cover in the full back positions? We have Kerr and Ralph  with Curran (who's listed as a midfielder) as back up and that's it as far as I can see. Admittedly I've only seen Ralph the once but given that performance and his past career record I'm not convinced that he is up to the task.

There's a lack of striking options which is evident to everyone but am I the only one concerned with our lack of cover in the full back positions? We have Kerr and Ralph  with Curran (who's listed as a midfielder) as back up and that's it as far as I can see. Admittedly I've only seen Ralph the once but given that performance and his past career record I'm not convinced that he is up to the task.
I think that'll be sorted when the league starts. The American boy was brought in on trial to play at full back in the friendlies so it is obviously something McCann is thinking of.

Brian Rice for the 20s is a really neat left back but is just really small. It's maybe the wrong time for him as I think it would be the perfect year for a young full back or winger to come through.

yeah LB required as well as at least 1 striker. 2 preferably. other wise we are best 3-5-2 with deacon RWB and cammy LWB. not ideal though.

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
22 minutes ago, Jimmy Baker said:

yeah LB required as well as at least 1 striker. 2 preferably. other wise we are best 3-5-2 with deacon RWB and cammy LWB. not ideal though.

I actually think Ralph would be better suited to playing as a wing back in a 3-5-2 going by his YouTube clip and the comments about him when he signed.

Not got anything more to base it on but he looks more comfortable going forward and getting crosses in on his video than he did the other night playing as part of a back 4

4 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It's mad that last season we had far too many players and now the squad's clearly too thin. There's no-one on that bench there that could turn a game.

Tbf even with the bloated squad we had last year we didn't really have anyone on the bench that could turn a game either...