All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Every single game he didn't play (with the exception of Haber coming in a couple of times) we went to absolute shit because we didn't have anyone else to play that target man role and couldn't get the ball up the park otherwise. Not playing him put us under much more pressure defensively and all those chances he misses simply wouldn't exist with another player.

That doesn't mean I'm defending him and saying he's great but if he's the only target man we've got and we can't fluently play the ball out easily from the back to negate the need for this, we're kind of stuck playing him. We all saw it in the 16/17 season where we brought in Haber and the absolute shitfest it put on the defence when he was injured and didn't have anyone to hit with a long ball or to hold it.

I'm hoping we might get this ball over the top routine going with Mendy and be able to mix things up a little bit more this season.

Theres a man who is responsible for that, and its the manager.

If he only has one system to play, and that falls to bits when the worst striker in the league isnt available to us, then what does that say about him as a manager? Its not even like we are successful when Moussa plays, we are bloody awful when he plays, yet somehow get worse when he is missing. That quite simply isnt acceptable.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'll see you Vince Mennie.

I won't hear a word against Sir Vincent of Mennie. I was chatting about Dundee legends on a DFC page on Facebook last year and one of my mates sarcastically said "Vince Mennie!!" - about 2 minutes later the man himself appeared online to tell my mate that he had great taste in footballers. 

It was the greatest day of my life. 

Bob Davidson

Ben Hutchinson

Graham Bayne

Tam Brighton

Khaled Kemas 

there really was a fucking load of pish when we were in division 1.

Davidson was one I was trying to remember I think, came from what was then Rangers?

Also remember Bayne scoring at Parkhead that probably still gives Jonathan Gould nightmares.

Jai Quitongo has had his offer from Livi 'withdrawn' as he's agreed terms with another club. Wonder if he's one we'd take a punt on. Looks a talent and could be good competition for Mendy and he can also add a bit of width at times as well. Bit injury prone but he's one I'd like.

Jai Quitongo has had his offer from Livi 'withdrawn' as he's agreed terms with another club. Wonder if he's one we'd take a punt on. Looks a talent and could be good competition for Mendy and he can also add a bit of width at times as well. Bit injury prone but he's one I'd like.
Is it not his offer from Morton?

16 minutes ago, harry94 said:
36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is it not his offer from Morton?

It was EdinburghLivi's post in the Livi forum I was referring to, I had assumed he meant his own club but yes, Morton have removed their offer.