All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

No Stubbs please - one trick pony.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

You don't want to go after Stubbs - he tried to sign Kenny Miller - what does that show about his judgement!

I would agree. It wasn't a wish list was just a point. There is a lot of options out there. Any of which IMHO is better than what we have got which is a man stealing a wage.

Tele running a couple of articles & a poll on us today.

One article from an interview yesterday is saying McCann has confidence in teams ability just thinks we're lacking confidence & the other saying we let Caulker go, coz he didn't want to be here anymore...

No mention of his issues etc - the decision was supposedly made on the basis of not wanting to have an unhappy player unsettle the team.

&

The poll on McCann - 1200+ votes to go v 350+ votes for him to get more time.

One article from an interview yesterday is saying McCann has confidence in teams ability just thinks we're lacking confidence & the other saying we let Caulker go, coz he didn't want to be here anymore...
No mention of his issues etc - the decision was supposedly made on the basis of not wanting to have an unhappy player unsettle the team.
&
that 1200 people that voted need to take a serious look at themselves

10 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
32 minutes ago, locheedee said:
&

that 1200 people that voted need to take a serious look at themselves

They're the ones saying the same as most of us tho - he's not doing a good enough job...

It's the 350 odd that think he deserves longer...

Unless you think he's going to pull some results together after the international break?

Here's the link to the story -

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/poll-results-dundee-fans-give-clear-verdict-on-whether-neil-mccann-should-stay-as-manager/

Edited by locheedee

HI Dees.
I noticed that you are on page 1983 of your thread so thought it would be rude not to pop by and say hello.
Keep up the good work....
Don't worry, it's only Rangers next....[emoji6]
#ThePunditmuststay
I think you'll find you won it over the course of the season. Oh and see you have your WiFi back on. Well done you [emoji16]

Out of the next 6 games I can only see the possibility (very slight) of maybe getting a draw away at Hamilton. Even that’s unlikely.

If we continue in the same vain we could very easily be well into November sitting on 0 points.

I have no confidence in McCann turning that round. I have no confidence in his team selection, tactics or in game management.

At this level to get anything from a game you have to be hard to beat. To me that means getting a settled formation and starting 11 - at minimum a settled back 5. Being well drilled and having good shape and discipline.
Once that is second nature, then you can try and play a bit.

I’m rambling, but my point is McCann is fucking useless and needs his jotters before we are too far gone to save. I may seem melodramatic but by the time we put any points on the board we could easily be 12 - 15 points behind.

1 hour ago, rodallegabombs said:

Out of the next 6 games I can only see the possibility (very slight) of maybe getting a draw away at Hamilton. Even that’s unlikely.

If we continue in the same vain we could very easily be well into November sitting on 0 points.

I have no confidence in McCann turning that round. I have no confidence in his team selection, tactics or in game management.

At this level to get anything from a game you have to be hard to beat. To me that means getting a settled formation and starting 11 - at minimum a settled back 5. Being well drilled and having good shape and discipline.
Once that is second nature, then you can try and play a bit.

I’m rambling, but my point is McCann is fucking useless and needs his jotters before we are too far gone to save. I may seem melodramatic but by the time we put any points on the board we could easily be 12 - 15 points behind.

Well said.

We need a job reminiscent of Hartley showing up at Falkirk last year. They were dead bottom and then the results arrived.

Sooner we do it the better the chance we have.

Well said.

We need a job reminiscent of Hartley showing up at Falkirk last year. They were dead bottom and then the results arrived.

Sooner we do it the better the chance we have.

Just make sure you set a reminder to empty whoever it is before they have a chance to appoint an English scout next summer.

Eta

Thank you

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

Come on now, Dundee fans, you know who is taking over the reigns if McCann got the boot..

gLWRG4Dl.jpg

..it's why he was brought into the club.

He was brought into the club because he is one of McCanns pals. Just like that Spence tit.

Football club? Social club? He can't tell the difference. Can you?

The 'confidence' thing is nonsense. Were they lacking in confidence for the first 'serious' match of the season when they looked shambolic v's Dunfermline?

I agree with McCann that the squad has the ability to do much better, but where I disagree is over what is the cause of their horrendous under-achievement. Our manager puts our players in a position to fail before they go out on to the pitch. He plays players out of position, uses formations that expose their weaknesses, his instructions and tactics are baffling, the players look confused, there's no discernible shape to the team. That's not 'confidence' or lack thereof, that's disorganisation. That's not on the players.

So typical of McCann's 'angry wee man' aggressive persona that as far as he's concerned he's beyond reproach, and the very visible problems are down to disheartened players, incompetent refs etc etc, basically anyone and anything but himself.

Of course the players' confidence is going to take a battering after a string of poor performances and terrible results, but there's an underlying cause here that, until it's addressed, the players alone aren't going to be able to overcome. We're not going to get results by just having the players 'believe in themselves' a bit more when they are fighting a pointless fight to begin with. We need to shitfest our way out of this situation, but with McCann's stubbornness in sticking to his football ethos I see no way that's going to happen while he's in charge. To be perfectly honest, the team performs like and gives off the vibe of a collection of individuals who have absolutely no faith in the guy leading them.

Edited by Boo Khaki