All things Dundee FC

Completely irrelevant, but the comparisons between Dundee and my resident Aussie Rules Footy team Melbourne FC is startling.

- Both wear navy, with red and white key secondary colours

- Melbourne's nickname is the Demons, often shortened to Dees.

- We're about to hire Jim Goodwin. Melbourne's coach? Simon Goodwin.

- Our last league title was in 1962, while the Demons' last Premiership was in 1964.

- We've both been shite recently.

Spooky.

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah I was there the day of Severin's leg break. It wasn't even a foul, no Utd players made anything of it and nor did Severin who actually tried to play on for 2 or 3 minutes. 

Was a horrible thing to happen. Had it been anyone else the Utd supporters wouldn't have taken any umbrage whatsoever but Goodwin was already in their bad books at that point. 

I was actually up in Ninewells A&E with my daughter when Severin was brought in on a wheelchair. He was waiting in A&E like the rest of us average punters while the match was still going on. In fact, I saw his x-rays coming back, being put on the wall and a group of doctors crowded round looking at them and shaking their heads, knew then it was a shocker of a leg break when I saw their horrified reactions. 

23 minutes ago, K.T said:

I had no idea about Goodwin’s history with the the dabs. The first derby is going to be fucking electric!

My guess is that the derby will be the first live TV league game of the season. (If BBC are still doing their Friday night games next season??)

image.png.8f911a9373fe74cc7c0fe5f8dbb42550.png

:lol: holy shit :lol: @Dele

Any team that employs Jim Goodwin becomes my de facto second-favourite team. Hope he's as much of a legend for you as he is for us by the end of this spell at Dens*.

* Excluding any potential cup and/or playoff encounters with us.

Anyone see the thing in the paper about the book coming out about the Bonetti/Canniggia era. Il be looking forward to reading it. Some of my earliest memories following the Dee was from that time. Interested to hear other Dees memories from that time which ultimately ended in disaster! 

I was actually up in Ninewells A&E with my daughter when Severin was brought in on a wheelchair. He was waiting in A&E like the rest of us average punters while the match was still going on. In fact, I saw his x-rays coming back, being put on the wall and a group of doctors crowded round looking at them and shaking their heads, knew then it was a shocker of a leg break when I saw their horrified reactions. 

I saw Jamie Murphy at Crosshouse after he had done his knee on our fanplastic pitch.

I could see he was suffering a bit and I was looking over like

IMG_2340.jpg

And then I remembered who he played for and I was like

IMG_2225.jpg