All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

We had a dreadful January in which we got humped by Dunfermline, Inverness and Motherwell with ease.  A game V Ayr, scheduled, was postponed. We got them in March and just before lockdown, our double header saw us take advantage over them, if the season finished, that would have had positive implications for the play-off. A lot of these scenarios in football are just unpredictable, new manager effects for example are a real concept (much harder to prepare your tactics when the opposition are changing their playing style).

It certainly is the most straight forward intuitive answer to suggest that we're in a worse position but it's difficult to quantify what that exactly means. The avg better performance in points per game last season for teams playing at home isn't huge (significantly closer to 0 than 1) and after that, you're really just looking at all these nuances and scenarios surrounding circumstances of individual games (like my example above).

It's unlikely that teams will be coming out of this season with genuine grievances about the home/away split and having to play (this seasons very poor) sides on astro that they'll be able to back up tangibly as being the decisive factor in failure. This isn't the Trans-Siberian league spanning multiple continents and climates and potentially encountering hostile environments, it's a case of a group of mostly central based players having to play at some grounds (that they are already likely familiar with) a bit more than others.

Yes or no 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Yes or no, would it be better to have 14 home games rather than 13 and Hearts, Inverness and Ayr twice at Dens rather than twice away?

Ah, Scottish Professional Football, don't you just love it with all the usual expected comical, farcical nonsense?

The same 'computer' can purposely accommodate the first Old Firm meeting for the 17th Oct, match-day 11, in the hope crowds of some shape or form will be back in our stadiums by then.

Let's not table it in any other way, it does appear on paper at least, John Nelm's has had his arse well and truly felt for the recent league voting debacle.

However, them's the cards, we move on and hope for the best, rather than expect it at this moment in time, imho.

Regards as always

Edit to Yenitit, the answer is a big yes from me my man.

Edited by This Charming Man

Ah, Scottish Professional Football, don't you just love it with all the usual expected comical, farcical nonsense?
The same 'computer' can purposely accommodate the first Old Firm meeting for the 17th Oct, match-day 11, in the hope crowds of some shape or form will be back in our stadiums by then.
Let's not table it in any other way, it does appear on paper at least, John Nelm's has had his arse well and truly felt for the recent league voting debacle.
However, them's the cards, we move on and hope for the best, rather than expect it at this moment in time, imho.
Regards as always

We do best when the odds are stacked against us! [emoji1320][emoji1320][emoji1320]

Reading the comments from Hearts fans about that opening game, has Scottish football ever had a more intense, more one-sided rivalry? Especially one so unintended.

The only other one in recent years I can think of is Rangers and United after 2012, but at least then United were specifically commenting/voting on Rangers and could be accused of self interests since they were challenging for European spots at the time. If anything we were losing out financially by voting the way we did and are making this season more difficult for ourselves [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Dumfries as our boxing day game?

That's when you realise you're in the Championship again. There was a spell of about 3 or 4 years where it felt we always somehow managed to pull that fixture out. 

14 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Regards as always

Edit to Yenitit, the answer is a big yes from me my man.

It’s fairly obvious to me it’s a yes but as always each time their own!

20 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Reading the comments from Hearts fans about that opening game, has Scottish football ever had a more intense, more one-sided rivalry? Especially one so unintended.

The only other one in recent years I can think of is Rangers and United after 2012, but at least then United were specifically commenting/voting on Rangers and could be accused of self interests since they were challenging for European spots at the time. If anything we were losing out financially by voting the way we did and are making this season more difficult for ourselves emoji23.png

Boredomguy & Tree House Tam incoming....

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Hearts fans saying we are graceless for saying they are relegated.

We shoukd have used "expelled" just for the bantz.

If some stupid Hearts fan tries to tell me we're being "graceless", I've about 1,800 pages from a certain forum that might well call the kettle back.

This has happened to us before. The season the TV deal collapsed The United Chairman was on the fixture committee and we ended up playing at home on the worst dates and also have less A fixtures.

This time though, I’m not sure how much I’d a handicap it will be - Covid will come back and there is a good chance that there will be no crowds. 

My last word on this farcical summer. 

During the debate following the now infamous April vote I laid into Nelms for breaking the agreement he had with my club, Partick, and ICT. I suggested he was a dishonourable individual. This of course didn't go down well with Dundee fans some of whom even disputed there was an agreement. That there was an agreement cannot now be disputed! 

I was asked by a Dundee fan what I would think of Nelms if his change of course actually led to league reconstruction and saved Partick! Feeling that reconstruction was never going to happen, I said I would reserve judgement! 

Well the whole sorry process has now been drawn to a conclusion, except for the fact that we and Hearts still have an SFA judicial review to face where I expect we will be hammered! 

So what do I think of Nelms? 

Well he broke an agreement so he is a dishonourable individual. He is also untrustworthy. Of that there can be no doubt. He also found himself out of his depth trying to deal with the SPFL, which is saying something given the ineptness and incompetence they have shown. He also showed a complete lack of character by being bullied into changing his vote a decision which ultimately relegated Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. 

Nelms saw an opportunity to sit 'at the top table' and to be one of the 'big hitters' and ultimately to be a Kingmaker (Lachlan Cameron's Ayr Utd Chairman description) instead he turned out to be the Court Clown. 

I used to consider Dundee my second club. From the Alan Gilzean team (yes I am that old) onwards I had nothing but good feelings for the club. I am afraid all that is gone. I know it won't make the slightest difference to Dundee but I will never attend a Dundee match again nor wish the club well!

I can only say I regret that my views about Nelms have also  influenced my feelings for the club but that's the way it is. 

So I have answered the question!