All things Dundee FC

Not at all Ross, we all have really valid points. A point against say Hibs away, I would accept but not Inverness.
I don't know how old you are bud, but I'm just on the right side of 40 and we deserve better than what we have been served in the past 15-20 years, we are all so exasperated with it all and even through the Admins etc, this is a low point for me. Which is a shame because I really want to enjoy the time we have with Adam at the club.
"We deserve better" is Sevco chat, get it take f**k [emoji23] I think we need to understand where we are as a club. Too many of us still think we're Prem level club having a wee bad run. We haven't been a solid top tier club since the late 80s. We're a generally top-half Championship side with occasional but short lived forays into the top division. Drawing away with a club on a similar level over the last few years would normally be a reasonable result, it's just the manner today's was achieved that's frustrating.

We are never going to either get up, or establish ourselves up there with either the current manager or Nelms still in place. Neither are remotely capable when it comes to footballing matters. The longer either of them stay in post, the longer term the damage to the club will be.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

"We deserve better" is Sevco chat, get it take f**k emoji23.png I think we need to understand where we are as a club. Too many of us still think we're Prem level club having a wee bad run. We haven't been a solid top tier club since the late 80s. We're a generally top-half Championship side with occasional but short lived forays into the top division. Drawing away with a club on a similar level over the last few years would normally be a reasonable result, it's just the manner today's was achieved that's frustrating.

We are never going to either get up, or establish ourselves up there with either the current manager or Nelms still in place. Neither are remotely capable when it comes to footballing matters. The longer either of them stay in post, the longer term the damage to the club will be.

So what you’re saying to Johnny is it’s not acceptable 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

"We deserve better" is Sevco chat, get it take f**k emoji23.png I think we need to understand where we are as a club. Too many of us still think we're Prem level club having a wee bad run. We haven't been a solid top tier club since the late 80s. We're a generally top-half Championship side with occasional but short lived forays into the top division. Drawing away with a club on a similar level over the last few years would normally be a reasonable result, it's just the manner today's was achieved that's frustrating.

That's a crazy shout.

As is repeatedly said, if Nelms is gone, then Keyes is gone. I couldn't see us surviving to next summer without Keyes cash or Nelms wherewithall to get us the required insurance.

Keep Nelms away from appointing managers, but keep him at the club ffs.

You're also basically agreeing with JohnnyDun in your post and quibbling over the use of a phrase. 

Edited by Ludo*1

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

A bit harsh Jupe.

Ok maybe 'deserve' is the wrong choice of phrase, but saying I'm doing Sevco chat is a shot below the belt.

We have the structure, fan base, money etc to be a club that holds its own in the Prem.... but that's my point.... but you know that.... and agreed with it.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Not at all Ross, we all have really valid points. A point against say Hibs away, I would accept but not Inverness.

I don't know how old you are bud, but I'm just on the right side of 40 and we deserve better than what we have been served in the past 15-20 years, we are all so exasperated with it all and even through the Admins etc, this is a low point for me. Which is a shame because I really want to enjoy the time we have with Adam at the club.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You literally spend days retyping the same posts and moving the words about. You spent about a week typing "McPake is going nowhere lads" then last week "Stanton is only here to train" 

If you're wanting to take aim at people posting shite at least don't be a broken record yourself ffs. 

It's not about how valid a point is or how often it is repeated, it's about the attitude. I don't get what attitude I'm supposed to have on here, just bitch and complain and pretend something will change? I want McPake gone as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to delude myself that it's going to happen anytime soon. If it does, great! But then Nelms picks the next manager, and the cycle renews. Why should I expect anything different? My expectations for the club are basically nothing, and you can blame the club for that. I'm usually wrong about stuff a lot and I'm fine with that, but since I don't see anything changing anytime soon that would drastically improve the performance of the club, I don't see why I should pretend otherwise.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's not about how valid a point is or how often it is repeated, it's about the attitude. I don't get what attitude I'm supposed to have on here, just bitch and complain and pretend something will change? I want McPake gone as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to delude myself that it's going to happen anytime soon. If it does, great! But then Nelms picks the next manager, and the cycle renews. Why should I expect anything different? My expectations for the club are basically nothing, and you can blame the club for that. I'm usually wrong about stuff a lot and I'm fine with that, but since I don't see anything changing anytime soon that would drastically improve the performance of the club, I don't see why I should pretend otherwise.

I don't think I have ever 'bitched' on here mate.

Just because things are not going the way I believe they should doesn't mean I have to accept it. 

We all have different opinions on this forum and I find it good to have a healthy debate.

You are just wrong on this occasion, don't feel bad about it.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I don't think I have ever 'bitched' on here mate.

Just because things are not going the way I believe they should doesn't mean I have to accept it. 

We all have different opinions on this forum and I find it good to have a healthy debate.

You are just wrong on this occasion, don't feel bad about it.

I promise you weren't who I had in mind in terms of 'bitching'. I like most posters here, I just think it's all pointless, and I'm not wrong. I'll leave it alone though. McPake out, etc.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I promise you weren't who I had in mind in terms of 'bitching'. I like most posters here, I just think it's all pointless, and I'm not wrong. I'll leave it alone though. McPake out, etc.

Not pointless, just a point of view.

Don't change your opinion though and cave in, stand up and argue your point. (As wrong as it is.)

I thought we were all pretty much agreed? The manager is shit, the squad are a bit shit, the results are very shit, the CEO is shit. But fuck it we are all still Dundee fans, we all love this club. We’ll have our day in the sun eventually lads.

That's a crazy shout.
As is repeatedly said, if Nelms is gone, then Keyes is gone. I couldn't see us surviving to next summer without Keyes cash or Nelms wherewithall to get us the required insurance.
Keep Nelms away from appointing managers, but keep him at the club ffs.
You're also basically agreeing with JohnnyDun in your post and quibbling over the use of a phrase. 
I was making the point (obvs badly [emoji23]) that drawing away at a club who have been operating on a similar level to ourselves in the last few years wouldn't normally be a disgrace or unacceptable. It's a point at a difficult venue. What is annoying is that yet again McPake couldn't figure out seeing out a game.

As for Nelms, fair point. What will it take for Keyes to tell him just to stick to the non-footballing side though?

6 hours ago, Snafu said:

What is it that is wrong with Dundee, why can this club never find stability and compete every season with say Dundee Utd in the top flight........

For four seasons there was a very good reason why we couldn’t compete every season with United in the top flight......

Fair play to @Snafu after spending the week trying reverse psychology nonsense he's just went completely baws oot with some of the worst trolling I've seen since Mvondo.

Personally, I would be apoplectic if I was a Caley fan. Apparently the best manager in the league just dropped valuable points to a team with a dribbling simpleton in the dugout barking orders.