All things Dundee FC

Great game that 4-3. I remember meeting Gilzean later that night in The Fort - we were both pissed. How thin Dodds and McCoist were. Did Radcliffe not admit he was pissed up during the game and can’t remember a second of it? Football’s changed now, those were great times

5 hours ago, harry94 said:
6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
I really liked Irvine, but from a purely footballing perspective, it was criminal that he was getting in the team ahead of Eric Paton.

Was Paton not pretty awful when Chisholm come in?

I remember his form took a dip but I thought that was because he was replaced by Irvine.

The cluster f**k of when Chisholm took over led to all the players downing tools in the aftermath of Jocky's sacking though.

Who would be chosen in your own squad, these five collectively courtesy of Neil McCann era, and yes I include the soft lad who slithered off to Govan?

1718059148_download(25).jpg.7ed3c6d6fc5b1a46ba7e247a6734b5d2.jpg

Or only one of these three titans below in your squad, answers please on a postcard to assist James McPake with his ongoing personal managerial development.

192765129_download(26).jpg.4c584a780bab6124eda80018d341ea32.jpg         703699603_download(27).jpg.b2a18983fe5a2eb43ece624c250d9786.jpg         434251150_download(28).jpg.6e15118f008f2e7a50ccf153aa49984a.jpg       

Edited by This Charming Man

Who would be chosen in your own squad, these five collectively courtesy of Neil McCann era, and yes I include the soft lad who slithered off to Govan?
1718059148_download(25).jpg.7ed3c6d6fc5b1a46ba7e247a6734b5d2.jpg
Or only one of these three titans below in your squad, answers please on a postcard to assist James McPake with his ongoing personal managerial development.
192765129_download(26).jpg.4c584a780bab6124eda80018d341ea32.jpg         703699603_download(27).jpg.b2a18983fe5a2eb43ece624c250d9786.jpg         434251150_download(28).jpg.6e15118f008f2e7a50ccf153aa49984a.jpg       
Think Wilkie now with no knees would still be of more benefit to the team than 4 of the 5 in the first picture [emoji23]

The manager that signed Adamczuk also signed shite like Jacquinto, Kelvin Jack, Joel Kitamarike, Glenn Larsen in his latter spell. The manager that signed Grady has not been involved in senior Scottish football since getting sacked by his last club after he stripped naked in front of a 21 year old female physio and said to his players, 'Get your tackle out lads - Jillian's coming in to see who's got the biggest tadger.'

I'm not stating this to downplay The Charming Man's point, I'm just saying, we've had some utter fucking dross and sometimes scumbags in charge.

Jocky & Hartley stand alone as the only successful managers in my lifetime (Barry Smith as well, but he's since proven to be terrible at football management) and they signed shite like Chris Casement, Bob Malcolm, Maros Klimpl, Pat Clarke, Arturo Rodriguez, Marc Klok, Kevin Gomis, Danny Williams and James Vincent.

Is it too much to ask for one decent manager in a lifetime of shite?!

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The manager that signed Adamczuk also signed shite like Jacquinto, Kelvin Jack, Joel Kitamarike, Glenn Larsen in his latter spell. The manager that signed Grady has not been involved in senior Scottish football since getting sacked by his last club after he stripped naked in front of a 21 year old female physio and said to his players, 'Get your tackle out lads - Jillian's coming in to see who's got the biggest tadger.'

Believe it or not that wasn't McCormack's last job; he managed Clyde after that sacking from Hamilton, relegating them from the third tier.

While there's a neat point to be made here about the kind of characters Clyde employ, I do have to grudgingly acknowledge in their defence that he was there before his employment tribunal for the dismissal from Hamilton was held, so it's possible they didn't know about his behaviour.

I'm not stating this to downplay The Charming Man's point, I'm just saying, we've had some utter fucking dross and sometimes scumbags in charge.
Jocky & Hartley stand alone as the only successful managers in my lifetime (Barry Smith as well, but he's since proven to be terrible at football management) and they signed shite like Chris Casement, Bob Malcolm, Maros Klimpl, Pat Clarke, Arturo Rodriguez, Marc Klok, Kevin Gomis, Danny Williams and James Vincent.
Is it too much to ask for one decent manager in a lifetime of shite?!

Think Duffy signed Jack and Larsen - there’s no way he signed Adamcuk.

I remember being a young lad when the Bonetti’s came in and the excitement around dens. Dundee fans cutting about in Italy tops following the galactacos 😆 Thought we were really going places back then, turns out the only place we were going was down the shitter and it’s been largely complete dross ever since. McPake is just the latest in a long list of not good enough disappointments. As a fan base we must be some of the longest suffering anywhere in the world, saving the club from the brink only to be subjected to such horrendous mismanagement that’s seen McCann, McIntyre and now McPake in successive appointments. We can’t afford any more experiments, for the future of the club and to entice young fans to dens we need a serious shake up. 

Great game that 4-3. I remember meeting Gilzean later that night in The Fort - we were both pissed. How thin Dodds and McCoist were. Did Radcliffe not admit he was pissed up during the game and can’t remember a second of it? Football’s changed now, those were great times
It was one of those rare perfect footballing days. Glorious weather, ragdolled the best team in the country for much of the game and win a thriller 4-3. The only downside was having to walk through hundreds of seething ***s wearing my Dundee top because my old man had parked the car up behind Cleppy Road. What a day though.

24 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
17 hours ago, Fifespud said:

It was one of those rare perfect footballing days. Glorious weather, ragdolled the best team in the country for much of the game and win a thriller 4-3. The only downside was having to walk through hundreds of seething ***s wearing my Dundee top because my old man had parked the car up behind Cleppy Road. What a day though.

Oh man! I remember this like it was yesterday. How can that be 29 years ago?

In double checking @Fifespud claim that Duffy never signed Adamczuk, I came across this article: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12722583.duffy-is-new-manager-in-surprise-dundee-shuffle/

He was forcibly moved upstairs a week after signing Adamczuk. It was just before my time. Obviously, that's during the Ron Dixon era and it's painted that Stainrod will deal with all footballing matters whilst Duffy will act like a head coach rather than manager.

Did the real story ever come out about the shuffle? Was Stainrod doing poorly?

ETA: In another article, Stainrod says he only has 2 regrets in football and the first was ever meeting Ron Dixon and co.

Edited by Ludo*1