All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

How long is Adam actually out for?

Good question, the last I read about his fitness last week the club were awaiting the results of a scan.

Usually James McPake, in fairness, is right on the ball giving updates, however the club in general appears to be a runaway train at the moment. 

No point looking to the local press, they would appear to rely upon our P&B threads for information! 

ron-manager.jpg.5a56ce0e8098dfcf8807f5442fbafebc.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

So, Cummings gets banned from the club for getting pished. Charlie Adam does drink driving and doesn't get banned? Is this correct?

Thank you.

Jason Cummings requires a club with a strong manager, y'know, someone like Jack Ross maybe.

The club won't address Charlie Adam, publicly at least, until the judicial system completes it's process and convicts, as looks likely.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Jason Cummings requires a club with a strong manager, y'know, someone like Jack Ross maybe.

The club won't address Charlie Adam, publicly at least, until the judicial system completes it's process and convicts, as looks likely.

Thank you.

Yet another, really good striker booted out by McPake then.

Thank you.

57 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

So, Cummings gets banned from the club for getting pished. Charlie Adam does drink driving and doesn't get banned? Is this correct?

Thank you.

The key difference Biggie is that Cummings should be preparing for the possibility that he will be playing on Saturday.  It would appear Adam was out injured with therefore had no chance of playing.

Regarding the drink driving it’s still only an alleged offence at this time and I doubt the club could legally do anything, even if they wanted to, until the conclusion of any court case.

Having said all of the above it’s pretty grim that some of the players with some considerable experience appear not to be showing an example to the rest of the players.  

I keep hearing the players respect McPake.  If that’s true some of them sure have a funny way of showing it.

To be totally honest I’d get rid of Cummings, Griffiths and Adam. I know Cummings hasn’t had much of a chance but there’s a reason he doesn’t get many chances wherever he goes. They’re all arseholes.
I realise I’m not comparing apples with apples but Cannigia turned up, having not played for at least a year, fit as a butcher’s dog, he then got fitter and fitter. Charlie arrived overweight to serve his boyhood club,and since, if anything, he’s regressed. Now as club captain he’s driving home pished out of his head at 1/2 4 in the morning. In any professionally run business, that would be totally unacceptable. Discipline, respect and equality are at the heart of any well run organisation and until we achieve that we’ll not improve. McPake goes too, obviously and along with him goes the common denominator for our travails, Nelms. Clearly he’s totally clueless.

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

To be totally honest I’d get rid of Cummings, Griffiths and Adam. I know Cummings hasn’t had much of a chance but there’s a reason he doesn’t get many chances wherever he goes. They’re all arseholes.
I realise I’m not comparing apples with apples but Cannigia turned up, having not played for at least a year, fit as a butcher’s dog, he then got fitter and fitter. Charlie arrived overweight to serve his boyhood club,and since, if anything, he’s regressed. Now as club captain he’s driving home pished out of his head at 1/2 4 in the morning. In any professionally run business, that would be totally unacceptable. Discipline, respect and equality are at the heart of any well run organisation and until we achieve that we’ll not improve. McPake goes too, obviously and along with him goes the common denominator for our travails, Nelms. Clearly he’s totally clueless.

Can't argue with any of that, at least Cummings looks fit, the other pair look like they're playing in a pub league.

Nonsense to suggest footballing wise that Adam's been anything short of brilliant for us. 

He's the reason we've picked up the majority of our points this season and single handedly dragged us through the play offs with dominant performances a class above what Dundee should have. 

Anyone who can't see what his ability gives us are probably the same folk who thought Kamara wasn't upto standard and spoke well of utter shite like Spence.

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Nonsense to suggest footballing wise that Adam's been anything short of brilliant for us. 

He's the reason we've picked up the majority of our points this season and single handedly dragged us through the play offs with dominant performances a class above what Dundee should have. 

Anyone who can't see what his ability gives us are probably the same folk who thought Kamara wasn't upto standard and spoke well of utter shite like Spence.

Thank you. 

I can agree that Charlie helped us up and has a cannon of a foot but he also has the turning circle of a small moon.

Kamara to me was always overrated. He's an alright footballer and well, that's it. I think he's getting plaudits for simply not being shit.

Spence however, fell through the door and was told he was a footballer. Problem is he has been to scared to correct anyone.

Thank you. 

He’s been good but miles and miles off brilliant. That’s totally undeniable. I don’t think he’s been as good as Gary Harkins for example, or Greg Stewart.
Anyway in my book it’s irrelevant. There’s no I in team, you’re the captain, you’re pished out yer hied at 1/2 4 in the morning, it’s down the fucking road.

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I can agree that Charlie helped us up and has a cannon of a foot but he also has the turning circle of a small moon.

Kamara to me was always overrated. He's an alright footballer and well, that's it. I think he's getting plaudits for simply not being shit.

Spence however, fell through the door and was told he was a footballer. Problem is he has been to scared to correct anyone.

Kamara is continually the best player for Rangers in European competition and was far too good for Dundee.

When Adam is in the team we pick up points. Without him we repeatedly get pumped. Games like Aberdeen at home he single handedly won us the game.

Motherwell at home he was directly involved in setting up the three goals.

We wouldn't have been promoted without him and this season we'd be in a much worse position if he wasn't here.

It's time for him to be shown some respect. Especially when the squad is really filled with dross like Kerr.

I've encountered several people who have been charged with drink driving and it all depends on the situation and reading on the breathalyser. The likes of Callum McGregor just won Scottish player of the year and was convicted with drink driving five times over the limit. None were lobbed from their jobs. 

Get a grip.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Harry Mac on the other forum saying that McPake has been texting abuse to players in the wee hours of the morning after the Hibs game.

Like I said, I think he's lost the changing room.

Him, Griffiths and sadly Cummings need to move on.

Adam is good enough for what he does as a playmaker. However, I still think he needs to up his fitness.

I think we have something good to build on, with Anderson, McMullan, McCowan, Mullen, McGhee and Byrne, Gowser needs to stay for the drive he gives, Adam for his experience and Legzdins is good enough. The rest, I wouldn't miss, except maybe Kerr, but that's probably because he bleeds dark blue.

Things need to change quickly though.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He’s been good but miles and miles off brilliant. That’s totally undeniable. I don’t think he’s been as good as Gary Harkins for example, or Greg Stewart.
Anyway in my book it’s irrelevant. There’s no I in team, you’re the captain, you’re pished out yer hied at 1/2 4 in the morning, it’s down the fucking road.

Bit harsh Spud with the views above, imho.  No excuses whatsoever for the forthcoming drink driving conviction though.

However having watched Charlie Adam since 2012, either on tv or at the Britannia after signing for the wife's Stoke City, at 6' 1" he's always been a big feller and his mobility even in the English Premier League was never his strength. If not for him we would not be worried about relegation from the top league, because we wouldn't be there in the first place. Also Gary Harkins and Greg Stewart, although great favourites of mine couldn't lace his boots overall, again imho.

Leigh Griffiths and Jason Cummings however for their collective lack of respect to our club and their struggling, never improving manager can GTF.

Merely my opinion, please employ Jack Ross ASAP.    

Kamara is continually the best player for Rangers in European competition and was far too good for Dundee.
When Adam is in the team we pick up points. Without him we repeatedly get pumped. Games like Aberdeen at home he single handedly won us the game.
Motherwell at home he was directly involved in setting up the three goals.
We wouldn't have been promoted without him and this season we'd be in a much worse position if he wasn't here.
It's time for him to be shown some respect. Especially when the squad is really filled with dross like Kerr.
I've encountered several people who have been charged with drink driving and it all depends on the situation and reading on the breathalyser. The likes of Callum McGregor just won Scottish player of the year and was convicted with drink driving five times over the limit. None were lobbed from their jobs. 
Get a grip.
Thank you.

It will be interesting to see who comes in for Kamara, I’m biased against him after he so obviously downed tools for us but my opinion is he’s over hyped.
A team gets promoted every year and with the exception of us and St Mirren they all do it without Charlie Adam. Look at Motherwell, St Mirren, United - all above us without Charlie Adam. Who would we have signed if Charlie hadn’t been available and willing to join us? We’ll never know.
Cammy isn’t as bad as you make out and Adam isn’t as indispensable either.
McGregor was 22 when he was drink driving, you might be tempted to put it down to a youthful mistake, but if I was in charge of Celtic I’d have punted him at the first opportunity. You need to draw a line in the sand that no one crosses. You’ll get some of those calls wrong, and some of them hurt you badly in the short term but over the medium to long term you’ll get most of them right and you’ll be more successful.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Harry Mac on the other forum saying that McPake has been texting abuse to players in the wee hours of the morning after the Hibs game.

Putting 2 and 2 together and getting  whatever I’d hazard a guess the player is Cammy. Should’ve took the legs from Boyle long before he crossed for the winger, doubt he’s 1 of the manager’s “football friends” and probably an easy target for the manager. 

Just get Jack Ross in FFS. 

I think we have something good to build on, with Anderson, McMullan, McCowan, Mullen, McGhee and Byrne….
The rest, I wouldn't miss, except maybe Kerr, but that's probably because he bleeds dark blue.

Totally agree with all that.

48 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Like I said, I think he's lost the changing room.

Him, Griffiths and sadly Cummings need to move on.

Adam is good enough for what he does as a playmaker. However, I still think he needs to up his fitness.

I think we have something good to build on, with Anderson, McMullan, McCowan, Mullen, McGhee and Byrne, Gowser needs to stay for the drive he gives, Adam for his experience and Legzdins is good enough. The rest, I wouldn't miss, except maybe Kerr, but that's probably because he bleeds dark blue.

Fair assessment. I'm not taking on board the various excuses we've heard for Griffiths's lack of fitness. It's a fucking nonsense that a boy who should be in his footballing prime is lumbering about the place looking monumentally unfit and contributing very little. As pointed out above, Cummings is a fucking daftie, but at least he's acceptably fit. Unfortunately McPake appears to have signed him without a fucking clue on how to fit him into the team on a semi-regular basis, which is just bizarre and utterly pointless. 

In summary, Griffiths needs fucked back to Celtic as soon as possible (likely imo), someone needs to be planning for the medium term future where we don't have Adam being our near-sole chance creator (improbable) and finally McPake needs to be replaced as soon as possible (virtually impossible). 

Any Dees my age (48) will probably remember the promise of the 85/86, 86/87 and 87/88 seasons before one god-awful appointment in Coco set in motion a series of events that resulted in us losing Tommy Coyne to Celtic for comparative peanuts before the depressing 89/90 season where we looked doomed from early season, and despite a brief resurgence in late season thanks to Billy Dodds, we were pretty convincingly relegated. This season has that same feel of inevitability about it. 

You c***s moaning about building your team around Charlie Adam.

Enjoy what you've got there while you have it FFS, you'll struggle to see a better player at your club this decade.