All things Dundee FC

Tam Cowan on the radio saying we are after Tony Watt. Would be very surprised if we had a chance.

I agree with you. Why would he move to us unless it’s for bigger bucks of course. Think he could be what we are looking for but like many of our signings he’s not been without his troubles elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tam Cowan on the radio saying we are after Tony Watt. Would be very surprised if we had a chance.

Would be delighted and very surprised. 

Did Watt not turn up for training with us for a few days whilst we were in the championship? I take it he’s someone’s mate at the club. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

For those of you on here that have a far better memory than me, anyone remember the striker we had a couple of years ago that came through the youth ranks.  Scored away to Hamilton then got injured.  Any idea what team he plays for now?

Matthew Henvey I think. Went over to Australia briefly to play but has since returned and I'm not aware if he has a club currently. That c**t Darian MacKinnon probably ended his chance at being a full-time pro.

Lad's pretty happy today though, his twitter is covered with Celtic stuff after the cup win.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Matthew Henvey I think. Went over to Australia briefly to play but has since returned and I'm not aware if he has a club currently.

I think you could well be right RossB.  I thought he was going to be a decent player as well.

ETA Thank you.

Edited by Shadow Play

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Matthew Henvey I think. Went over to Australia briefly to play but has since returned and I'm not aware if he has a club currently. That c**t Darian MacKinnon probably ended his chance at being a full-time pro.

Lad's pretty happy today though, his twitter is covered with Celtic stuff after the cup win.

Did we not boo MacKinnon that day after that challenge, which led to him having an absolute headloss in an interview with the Daily Record with him saying he wasn't a dirty player and he hates being called a thug?

Stuart Kettlewell's thuggery against Craig Forsyth sticks in the mind. Never seen a player actually just be subbed on to try and end a young talent's career. He broke Forsyth's nose IIRC before getting himself sent off for a potential career ending challenge as Forsyth started ripping the piss out of him as he was doing to their whole team that day.

Edited by Ludo*1

11 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

Season rests on Charlie Adam's hamstrings, imo:

W          D            L                 GF      GA         PPG

GP w/Adam       11                              4            3            4                 14        24         1.35

GP* wo/Adam  8                               0            1             7                 3          11            .13

Needs to give up the punditry as he's not cut out for it and concentrate just on the Dee. I'd like to see a good rocky style montage of him over the xmas/new year period running up steps/around Dundee with young lads running after him before leading us to a glorious....6th place finish.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stuart Kettlewell's thuggery against Craig Forsyth sticks in the mind. Never seen a player actually just be subbed on to try and end a young talent's career. He broke Forsyth's nose IIRC before getting himself sent off for a potential career ending challenge as Forsyth started ripping the piss out of him as he was doing to their whole team that day.

A county player broke his leg that day after a challenge on Forsyth, then Willie McStay got the players to target him and you’re correct he ended up with a broken nose.

Declan Gallagher is probably about as good a signing as we could make, which is exactly why I expect it not to happen.

In reality I'd like to see Elliot & The Panther leave and get another RB and CB in. I don't mind Marshall & Cammy at LB. We could also do with a CM who can actually play killer balls when Adam is out/subbed off. When our wingers are our only source of attacking we become easy to play against. Someone in the middle drawing players in who can then release these guys into space is what we need. Though no names come to mind.

4 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Declan Gallagher is probably about as good a signing as we could make, which is exactly why I expect it not to happen.

In reality I'd like to see Elliot & The Panther leave and get another RB and CB in. I don't mind Marshall & Cammy at LB. We could also do with a CM who can actually play killer balls when Adam is out/subbed off. When our wingers are our only source of attacking we become easy to play against. Someone in the middle drawing players in who can then release these guys into space is what we need. Though no names come to mind.

This makes too much sense...