All things Dundee FC

One meaningful shot on target in 4 games (and it was a screamer of a shot of target from McMullan) and people are saying he's done pretty well. What's been done pretty well? That we are now putting 11 men behind the ball and getting the exact same results (worse actually if we compare the reverse fixtures against the same opposition this season) as we were under the previous manager?
Unbelievable.

He’s also had to cope with lots of injuries and a covid outbreak, no option to sign players and only Mullen who is a non scoring striker and Rudden who has played 1/2 a dozen games at this level to play up front - and both have been out injured since he took over. This is after the previous cunto let Cummings go and chased after Griffiths until he fucked off and it was too late for replacements. McPake signed Rossi and Daley-Campbell - neither of whom are good enough. McGhee had no option other than play that line up tonight and hope somehow to scrape 1 or possibly 3 points and it almost worked.

I'm not going to judge McGhee on tonight. We know we were weakened and without Adam we've only picked up 2 points this season. Personally, I'd send Rossi home now, that was just pathetic, and can't say I was impressed by Byrne either, seems to suck the life out the team at the moment. The Rangers games a free hit, then serious time begins

Just now, Fifespud said:

He’s also had to cope with lots of injuries and a covid outbreak, no option to sign players and only Mullen who is a non scoring striker and Rudden who has played 1/2 a dozen games at this level to play up front - and both have been out injured since he took over. This is after the previous cunto let Cummings go and chased after Griffiths until he fucked off and it was too late for replacements. McPake signed Rossi and Daley-Campbell - neither of whom are good enough. McGhee had no option other than play that line up tonight and hope somehow to scrape 1 or possibly 3 points and it almost worked.

Spud, I'd expect a League One side such as Montrose or Hartley's Cove to have had more than 1 meaningful shot on target in 4 games.

He has been left with a nightmare. It's not his fault we are in this position (that's McPake and Nelms) but he's not even remotely 'pissing with what he has' even slightly well nevermind bordering on good.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Spud, I'd expect a League One side such as Montrose or Hartley's Cove to have had more than 1 meaningful shot on target in 4 games.

In our last 3 league games before tonight (Hearts, Sellick and Ross Co) we had one shot on target in total and it wasn't "meaningful".

Hang on in there and send the Saintees down.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

In our last 3 league games before tonight (Hearts, Sellick and Ross Co) we had one shot on target in total and it wasn't "meaningful".

Hang on in there and send the Saintees down.

With the greatest of respect, Celtic and Hearts are two of the top 3 teams in the league. 

Livi, Hibs (with 10 men for the final half hour), Motherwell and St Mirren is not the same scenario particularly when you're in the shit that we are, have 3 of those 4 teams at home and now face a double helping of Rangers, Aberdeen and then a Dundee Derby.

He has been left with a nightmare. It's not his fault we are in this position (that's McPake and Nelms) but he's not even remotely 'pissing with what he has' even slightly well nevermind bordering on good.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but St Mirren only had 1 meaningful shot on target tonight. The players are still trying very hard, to me that means they’ve accepted McGhee and as we are only 1 point behind Sainties, who are also shite, I’m retaining hope.

With the greatest of respect, Celtic and Hearts are two of the top 3 teams in the league. 
Livi, Hibs (with 10 men for the final half hour), Motherwell and St Mirren is not the same scenario particularly when you're in the shit that we are, have 3 of those 4 teams at home and now face a double helping of Rangers, Aberdeen and then a Dundee Derby.

Livi are the form team in the league, Aberdeen are sinking rapidly and derbys - well anything can happen. I don’t agree with the McGhee appointment but the previous clueless c**t had to go.

Just now, Fifespud said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree but St Mirren only had 1 meaningful shot on target tonight. The players are still trying very hard, to me that means they’ve accepted McGhee and as we are only 1 point behind Sainties, who are also shite, I’m retaining hope.

They had a good few chances that would have went in on another night. Putting the ball over the bar with an open net from 6 yards, fluffing a one on one with the keeper stranded off his line, a save from Sharp before they scored which went out for a corner to name just a few.

If you think tonight was even remotely good or close then I don't know what more I can say tbh.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Livi are the form team in the league, Aberdeen are sinking rapidly and derbys - well anything can happen. I don’t agree with the McGhee appointment but the previous clueless c**t had to go.

He did. Not at the time he was given the bullet though that was just utter fucking stupidity.

Should have been done before January. By the time the deadline was closed, he should have just got the season.

McGhee has had worse results than the reverse fixtures against the same opposition so far. Again, I'm in no way saying this situation is McGhee's fault because it's not, it's 100% on Nelms but he's still making an arse of a very, very difficult and limited opportunity IMO. We are doing him the favours here rather than him us so far as we are taking care of his ban.

The minute Rudden came on we spent 10 minutes just lumping long balls up to him. Completely isolated, Dunne in particular just needed to sit on him and deal with the situation. Easy.

Meanwhile the changes left us open and STM ran us ragged at times for the last 20 minutes.

Rossi looked out of his depth at times.  Sharps use of the ball is awful and will cost us a goal at some point. 

Somehow, some way we have to hang in with St Johnstone. 

He did. Not at the time he was given the bullet though that was just utter fucking stupidity.
Should have been done before January. By the time the deadline was closed, he should have just got the season.
McGhee has had worse results than the reverse fixtures against the same opposition so far. Again, I'm in no way saying this situation is McGhee's fault because it's not, it's 100% on Nelms but he's still making an arse of a very, very difficult and limited opportunity IMO. We are doing him the favours here rather than him us so far as we are taking care of his ban.
McPake should have been gone after the 0-5 County game.

The minute Rudden came on we spent 10 minutes just lumping long balls up to him. Completely isolated, Dunne in particular just needed to sit on him and deal with the situation. Easy.
Meanwhile the changes left us open and STM ran us ragged at times for the last 20 minutes.
Rossi looked out of his depth at times.  Sharps use of the ball is awful and will cost us a goal at some point. 

I felt sorry for Rudden - kept having to come deep and get the ball. When he did get it there was f**k all support and would be quickly surrounded by 3 or 4 Saints players.

That team was set up to get a point - we never looked like scoring apart from set pieces.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

But, but, but..........you're just contradicting yourself here. He's not making an arse of anything, he's been left with a pile of fucking shite, that he has at least got more organised, and there's a bit more fight about them as well. What else is he supposed to do, with an injury/covid ravaged squad?

Also, what's peoples thoughts on Charlie boy? because this perma-crock state is no use to anyone. I would also like to tell Mullen to f**k right off, but realise that's not realistic, owing to the absolute mess McPake has left us in.

Thank you.

52 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Agree with most of this but a bit harsh highlighting the young keeper when we have experienced players who shouldn't be anywhere near a Dundee shirt with the contribution they're making. I'd be having a pop at McGee, Marshall, McCowan, McDaid before any youngster. Check out the goal last night and you'll see that McMullen gets beat far too easily, yet again, before the guy puts the cross in. We all know Sharp is only playing due to the unavailability of the senior goalies. FWIW I think he's been really good and would have no qualms about keeping him in the team.