All things Dundee FC

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Simon hasn’t changed anything at Ross. 

Tbf he scored the opener when they battered us and dragged us right back into the mix.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After years up here I actually think the league just gets fkn shite for the last quarter of games because there’s so much on line. I thought there were 7 good teams in it right up until a couple of months ago. 

I sat and watched that like a diehard Dundee fan and f**k me that was frustrating. Cove camped in their own box and Dundee barely put a good ball in the box all game. 

Mulligan for me is absolutely wasted at right back especially when a solid 7/10 right backs sitting on the bench. Maguire absolutely pish. Cameron looks to be massively overrated. Hannant what’s the point. The one player that always gives you the absolute fear when playing Dundee is McMullan and he got 20 minutes? 🤯 Robinson miles off it all night yet he stayed on and Jakubiak came off? I honestly have zero idea what Bowyer was doing and I thought you’d maybe nicked it when you hit the post but was not to be. 

For f**k sake. 

Absolutely no need for a player like Maguire at home to Cove. Mulligan in there and Kerr on would have made sense but was never a likely move from Bowyer. I thought Robinson offered more than Jak but we didn't make any use of Thomas when he came on. McMullan offered a lot more than Hannant even if not a lot of it worked.

Edited by Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll

1 hour ago, K.T said:

I think any Dundee fan who thinks we can get promoted either next week or through the play-offs is kidding themselves. I don’t feel that’s a negative opinion either, there’s nothing to suggest we have anything left to get over the line since we’ve failed to do so numerous weeks. If we can’t beat cove at home how can anyone realistically expect us to beat QP away.

as for the players, it’s hard to say. Players like Mulligan and McMullan were once some of the best in this league but for whatever reason they look a shadow of the players they were first half of season and I wouldn’t be bothered if they left. If we’re in the championship then having French, Cameron and McCowan would be a good start. Possibly Ashcroft/ Sweeney too. I think they’d be better with a better goalkeeper behind them. Loan players like Robinson on a permanent would be nice but don’t think that’s realistic.

You were going along fine till you said keeping MCCowan , he’s a complete waste of a jersey, you get 1 in 5 games out of him and that’s usually when he comes on a sub when the other teams tire , the other 4 games he’s absolutely 💩 

2 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

You were going along fine till you said keeping MCCowan , he’s a complete waste of a jersey, you get 1 in 5 games out of him and that’s usually when he comes on a sub when the other teams tire , the other 4 games he’s absolutely 💩 

This. 
I also think some are totally over the top re French. Pretty much unproven in my eyes. 

2 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Spot on, thought he was pathetic in the 1st half, up against an ancient plumber, don't think he took him on once, just back passes/square passes, constantly coming inside. Championship is his level.

eta same with the rest of the duds, apart from Robinson, boy is class.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 hours ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Absolutely no need for a player like Maguire at home to Cove. Mulligan in there and Kerr on would have made sense but was never a likely move from Bowyer. I thought Robinson offered more than Jak but we didn't make any use of Thomas when he came on. McMullan offered a lot more than Hannant even if not a lot of it worked.

Maguire is extremely average anyway (being polite) and I agree with the Mulligan/Cammy shout. 
Robinson though was extremely predictable and very easily marked out of the game, I’d have taken him off and left Jakubiak on. 
Also how come we never switch the wingers back to their natural sides, give the full backs something different to think about?

Anyway not surprised in the slightest, it’s the Dundee way, but I still think we will go up. QP are cacking it too. 

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we got rid of them all tbh. The youth other than Cameron have also flattered to impress.

I'm honestly open to the lot of them going. There's a couple I wouldn't mind staying like Cameron, Robinson and French but I won't be devastated if there's not a single one of them here next year.

Bring on the rebuild.

Not been on here much lately but last night really shows up the level we’re at. I really don’t think Bowyer knows his best starting 11 or if he believes there is a best starting 11 in the squad, he’s chopped and changed all season and never found any consistency! Jury is definitely out on him, his January signings are no better than we had and in this league Byrne and McMullen start for me, also hate seeing wingers not playing on their natural sides, keep it simple ffs! 
Bottom line is, this league is exciting but the standard is poor, we’re not much better than any other team in it and whoever goes up will struggle big time! End of season re-builds are never a success and your season could be over long before it begins, but as per DFC seem to be a shambles behind the scenes with 3 signed players, that doesn’t help the team and I’m sure some of them will already have deals lined up for themselves and not too worried if we win the league or not 🤷🏼‍♂️ Nelms is a problem but without his mates money we’re screwed! But hey, this is DFC, we don’t do conventional 

There we have it. When push came to shove the Queens have been shown for the dire side they are.

We basically have a play off final at a neutral venue with the benefit of drawing for promotion. I'll try to be as positive as possible this week and  put many things of the season to the side. Lets get this club back to where it belongs and get players of the quality we need to progress as a club through the door. 

90 minutes to go, give it your all and lets fucking do it Dundee FC. If the Queens had any bottle and belief in their money-laden project theyd get a stowed out stadium and have some sort of atmosphere, but if they continue to be shitebags then we'll have to do it infront of a half empty favela of a stadium. 

Come on the Dee. 

Thank you.

Think that was the best outcome we got today, watched it, was end to end, could've gone any way, they got a few bookings as well.

Any season ticket holders not able to make it, be prepared to sell the relevant ticket out the book?

DM if interested.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, K.T said:

Does anyone know if season ticket holders need ID as well as the season ticket book on Monday? Or could I give my season ticket to someone to get me a ticket?

Don't think they will be that strict.

Well...... we've done our bit in preventing " Wullie Haughey FC " getting promoted.

The rest ................................................................................................................................  Is entirely up to you.

(thats what worries me.)

If we somehow f**k this by firstly failing to beat Cove, and then lose to a QP side who have just shat it against Morton, and ultimately fail to get promoted from the weakest Championship in years, we'd be as well replacing the club crest with a broken bottle. 

24 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Well...... we've done our bit in preventing " Wullie Haughey FC " getting promoted.

The rest ................................................................................................................................  Is entirely up to you.

(thats what worries me.)

Well played today, was a good game for the neutral, end to end. All the best in your play-off pursuit.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

If we somehow f**k this by firstly failing to beat Cove, and then lose to a QP side who have just shat it against Morton. 

Queens havent beaten us this season ... neither have you. So shut up.