All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Callum Davidson then lads.

Feels like a stitch up of Bowyer tbh. Fall out or no fall out with Nelms - Strachan will always get his pal in. 

What a deflating way to go into a season we should be the most enthusiastic we've been for one since we last won the league a decade ago.

My only hope is that it's The Sun and they've got it wrong.

If it is true then there will be several heads gone here.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

if it is davidson...strachan is the biggest problem here...most of us think nelms is clueless when it comes to football matters so i assume hes taking advice from a "football" man 

strachan should have been chased out of the club when he got his mate mcghoo a gig.

Is Strachan still employed by Celtic? If so is there not a conflict of interest here?

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Callum Davidson then lads.

Feels like a stitch up of Bowyer tbh. Fall out or no fall out with Nelms - Strachan will always get his pal in. 

What a deflating way to go into a season we should be the most enthusiastic we've been for one since we last won the league a decade ago.

Sacking your HOR confirmed it was Davidson.

You guys all need to calm the feck down , I didn’t want Davidson, but looks like it’s him , we need to back him and hope he’s given enough dough to sign up some decent players , if he gets decent players in he has shown he can do it , I for one can’t wait for all ✍️ emojis in the coming weeks 

Well it looks like it is happening whether we like it or not. I've never seen such a resounding NO from a large percentage of our fans but we will get what we have been given.

If he comes in, he has my full support. I just hope there aren't a bunch of supporters just waiting for the 'I told you so' moment. Massive rebuild on the cards and football has a funny way of consistently doing the exact opposite of what you think it will. 

44 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

You guys all need to calm the feck down , I didn’t want Davidson, but looks like it’s him , we need to back him and hope he’s given enough dough to sign up some decent players , if he gets decent players in he has shown he can do it , I for one can’t wait for all ✍️ emojis in the coming weeks 

Did you see the absolute dross he signed for the perth muppets? 

I have literally gone from looking forward to seeing another manager from down South be announced in the hope that it'll be a new, fresh approach, to dreading refreshing here or the BBC website in case the announcement of Davidson is made official.

Dundee FC - causing dread and apprehension in their fans since 1893... 

46 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

f**k going through a list of applicants, I'll just give my golfing mate the gig. 

I absolutely detest that jumped up ginger little p***k.

f**k off out of my club.

Thank you.

That's the problem, he has ZERO official capacity at the club. Nelms was told he won something at Celtic and was in charge of the national team and because of that, hangs off every word.

Americans love their cronyism but Jesus Christ it's messed up up multiple times and the one time they get something right they bin it!

The only hope is that he has learned something in his several weeks out, or if those in charge have a better plan on how to curb his glaring weaknesses. There is definitely a chance this could work out.

Otherwise (and I feel this will be the case), it'll be a plainly awful appointment that will see us going straight back down due to nobody involved learning any lessons these past few years.

He'll get the same amount of goodwill as McIntyre first got (far more than the tether McGhee got) and it will be an interesting couple of months seeing what team he'll build, but once again I am filled with no confidence in this team, and will simply have to be proven wrong to think otherwise.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The only hope is that he has learned something in his several weeks out, or if those in charge have a better plan on how to curb his glaring weaknesses. There is definitely a chance this could work out.

Otherwise (and I feel this will be the case), it'll be a plainly awful appointment that will see us going straight back down due to nobody involved learning any lessons these past few years.

He'll get the same amount of goodwill as McIntyre first got (far more than the tether McGhee got) and it will be an interesting couple of months seeing what team he'll build, but once again I am filled with no confidence in this team, and will simply have to be proven wrong to think otherwise.

Think this is the main reason why it's most likely destined to fail. New manager comes through the door and he has to prove the doubters wrong rather than, for example, when Bowyer came in people were more open minded and keen to see what he can do.

7 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Think this is the main reason why it's most likely destined to fail. New manager comes through the door and he has to prove the doubters wrong rather than, for example, when Bowyer came in people were more open minded and keen to see what he can do.

That's the nub of this I think. The previous duds ie McIntyre and McGhee were dreadful appointments, but were made sort of understandable because things were shite before and it was a bit of a  last throw of the dice gamble. 

This is different. 

If this goes tits up they have taken probably the best situation to rebuild well that the club has had in years and chucked it away with an appointment that looks lazy and jobs for the boys. 

11 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Oh yeah, it'll be my fault? He's the one building the team, he has carte blanche to do so and the only think I ask of this season is to finish 10th at minimum. It's not a high bar, and we all know it only takes a couple of good results to get a manager on people's good side, so shove it with this 'holier-than-thou' attitude.

Bowyer had plenty of question marks hovering over his head, and he answered them by getting results. If Davidson does the same, then happy days.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Oh yeah, it'll be my fault? He's the one building the team, he has carte blanche to do so and the only think I ask of this season is to finish 10th at minimum. It's not a high bar, and we all know it only takes a couple of good results to get a manager on people's good side, so shove it with this 'holier-than-thou' attitude.

Bowyer had plenty of question marks hovering over his head, and he answered them by getting results. If Davidson does the same, then happy days.

You're getting the wrong end of the stick here. My criticism wasn't directed at your opinion but more the lack of thought from the board.

ETA - apologies. I should have made that more clear.

Edited by Pens_Dark