All things Dundee FC

On 14/05/2023 at 08:00, K.T said:

That Reilly boy now saying he’s not signed for us and is waiting to see if he gets anymore big offers. Bit of a slap in the pus since he’s been training with us all year and was in the Dundee end last week. Hopefully we remove our offer and he ends up at alloa.

He's clarified his comments, he is focused on helping Albion Rovers on Saturday before anything else, but that things have been agreed in regard to his next move.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, I'm sure it could just be coincidence but was it not quite well known that Callum Davidson's previous experience with a HoR at St Johnstone was quite dysfunctional?

Please, please, please don't say stuff like that. It's too distressing.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our Head of Recruitment has apparently left the club. His brother, and the details of his account suggest he's legit, has posted this on TDBF which has led to a lot of arguments breaking out having a go at him for posting. Thought it was worth sharing:

Screenshot_20230516_160100_Chrome.jpg

Was the popular belief not that he was pish anyway?

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Was the popular belief not that he was pish anyway?

I dunno. Don't think he had the greatest of backgrounds to get the job but the last person that should be leaving the club as we need to be building a brand new side from the scratch with a new manager not even getting to assess the current squad either way IMO.

On a bit of a nicer note:

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I dunno. Don't think he had the greatest of backgrounds to get the job but the last person that should be leaving the club as we need to be building a brand new side from the scratch with a new manager not even getting to assess the current squad either way IMO.

On a bit of a nicer note:

The sheer scale of the re-build is giving me the absolute fear. 

Perhaps Nelms & Strachan thought to give us the best chance a new person should be brought in, maybe at the recommendation of our new manager. Who knows. I'm not worried, are you? No sir, no way.

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our Head of Recruitment has apparently left the club. His brother, and the details of his account suggest he's legit, has posted this on TDBF which has led to a lot of arguments breaking out having a go at him for posting. Thought it was worth sharing:

I can confirm that is legit.

12 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

The competition between QP and Dundee to completely F**k things up once the season is over seems to be as close as it was to win the title.

QP just don’t have the experience we have and were until recently amateurs, let’s not forget. We’ll f**k things up in ways they can’t even imagine yet. 

59 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Maybe Darrell brings his own guy?

Calling it now - he or Cowley will be our next manager.

Nelms has to do a face saving move at this point. There'd be outrage if it's Davidson at this point and he's not gonna go grovelling to Bowyer.

Has to be Clarke or Cowley. The names just seem too random to have cropped up out of nowhere.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nelms has to do a face saving move at this point. There'd be outrage if it's Davidson at this point and he's not gonna go grovelling to Bowyer.

Has to be Clarke or Cowley. The names just seem too random to have cropped up out of nowhere.

I’d love to believe that @Ludo*1 but who knows the workings of Nelms and WGS’s minds? 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Reading some of the stuff on TDB always reminds me why I am not a member.

Moon howling to the max on club specific forums.

20 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Reading some of the stuff on TDB always reminds me why I am not a member.

Moon howling to the max on club specific forums.

Aye, even though I'm a mod on that forum it's mad how insular and clique-y one club forums get.

The FB stuff is where I draw the line!

Edited by Ludo*1

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Again, Darrell Clarke was linked to us on both here and Twitter, so its an easy link for people who saw that.

According to the Port Vale fans hes likely to take a spell out the game, as he was seemingly never the same after his daughter died last year, and he never took any real time to process it all.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Again, Darrell Clarke was linked to us on both here and Twitter, so its an easy link for people who saw that.

According to the Port Vale fans hes likely to take a spell out the game, as he was seemingly never the same after his daughter died last year, and he never took any real time to process it all.

Very interesting. Thanks. I had a read of the PV forums but I couldn’t understand the lingo. Well done speaking Port Valien. 

Nothing new in this comment that hasn't already been said ad infinitum, but there are so many moving parts at Dens just now.

MANY major roles to be filled and a whole squad needing formed. The rebuild is of a magnitude I was hoping for and Dundee was drastically needing.

The fear is just how much of an influence certain people could play in fucking a genuinely massive opportunity.

Get this right and we are challenging for top 6 on a regular basis.

Get this wrong and we'll be looking forward to playing Falkirk in the championship play offs.

What's encouraging all this movement? Genuine intent or cost saving? Neanderthal flexing or something special in the works?

"Shitting it" doesn't even begin to describe.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Nothing new in this comment that hasn't already been said ad infinitum, but there are so many moving parts at Dens just now.

MANY major roles to be filled and a whole squad needing formed. The rebuild is of a magnitude I was hoping for and Dundee was drastically needing.

The fear is just how much of an influence certain people could play in fucking a genuinely massive opportunity.

Get this right and we are challenging for top 6 on a regular basis.

Get this wrong and we'll be looking forward to playing Falkirk in the championship play offs.

What's encouraging all this movement? Genuine intent or cost saving? Neanderthal flexing or something special in the works?

"Shitting it" doesn't even begin to describe.

I’m preferring to think Keyes has been talked into rolling the dice properly again and we’re waiting on the right guy coming free to really have a go. 

Everyone knew the club basically needed rinsed and started again.

Instead of embracing the change our fans are choosing to lambast every decision without even seeing what the alternative is.

A long summer ahead. The reality is only next year at this time can the changes be evaluated. 

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Everyone knew the club basically needed rinsed and started again.

Instead of embracing the change our fans are choosing to lambast every decision without even seeing what the alternative is.

A long summer ahead. The reality is only next year at this time can the changes be evaluated. 

Thank you.

I'll lambast it if things go tits up but I'm firmly in the wait and see camp.