All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Only torched 900K this year.

Let's go for a million next year boys.

Covers a period where restrictions for Covid were still in place and yes they acknowledging there will be another loss next year due to being in the Championship.  Budget will undoubtedly be tight for this season.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Covers a period where restrictions for Covid were still in place and yes they acknowledging there will be another loss next year due to being in the Championship.  Budget will undoubtedly be tight for this season.

We were, of course, still paying Premiership wages in the Championship because of long term deals, which is why we expect a loss.

I'm not to fussed about Kerr resigning he'll no doubt be cover for french and whoever is playing left back .

Instead of needing another right back and possibly 2 left backs we'll now only need a left back and the money saved can be used elsewhere on the squad 

Hurtful to see us accepting below even mediocrity in signing Kerr on a 2 year deal. Don't care how good a lad he is and committed to the cause its just a clear sign of Dundee FC accepting the status of being yo-yo standard pish and not striving for anything better. I don't get it.

Despondent when i seen the news earlier; if i start to see the likes of Legzdins, Marshall, Sweeney and Robertson re sign i'll be wishing we stayed down in months to come.

If Bowyer stayed i think the majority would've been gone.  Today after this I'm thinking a more lenient new comer will give chances to those who should be long gone. Worrying times.

Reading someone say Kerr can play 4 positions (I've yet to see him successfully own one positon) is enough to make me wonder whether my skull is operating on a different plane. 

I couldn't give a f**k about those who think because different managers sign him up over years he's proven to be worth a deal. I'm more invested than any moron like McPake in the club and my eyes don't lie. Another two years before I can hope to finally see the end of these horrendous neverending years of Kerr-ball.

f**k off.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

17 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Hurtful to see us accepting below even mediocrity in signing Kerr on a 2 year deal. Don't care how good a lad he is and committed to the cause its just a clear sign of Dundee FC accepting the status of being yo-yo standard pish and not striving for anything better. I don't get it.

Despondent when i seen the news earlier; if i start to see the likes of Legzdins, Marshall, Sweeney and Robertson re sign i'll be wishing we stayed down in months to come.

If Bowyer stayed i think the majority would've been gone.  Today after this I'm thinking a more lenient new comer will give chances to those who should be long gone. Worrying times.

Reading someone say Kerr can play 4 positions (I've yet to see him successfully own one positon) is enough to make me wonder whether my skull is operating on a different plane. 

I couldn't give a f**k about those who think because different managers sign him up over years he's proven to be worth a deal. I'm more invested than any moron like McPake in the club and my eyes don't lie. Another two years before I can hope to finally see the end of these horrendous neverending years of Kerr-ball.

f**k off.

Thank you.

Spot on. Was optimistic yesterday after the manager announcement, today i've got the fear now!

It doesn't seem believable to me that Docherty comes in and almost instantly gives Cammy Kerr a 2 year deal. Maybe so, but I believe someone else is making the decisions here - can you guess who? Honestly, I made a comparison of us under Strachan as so similar to Hearts with Levein still lingering about making the decisions without having the stones to claim them. 

I'm not even against Cammy as back-up, like it up or lump it he bleeds Dundee and puts his all in, but for f**k sake lets address this as a glaringly obvious problem we have had for seasons and replace him with someone better please. 

I think Cammy is a poor footballer that is nowhere near top flight standard but equally a managers dream. Hard-working, loyal to a fault and will run through brick walls for whomever is in charge. If Docherty is wanting to build a hard work ethic through the more experienced players leading the way then I can see why he was given a new deal tbh.

Gents, with all due respect our biggest problem right now is that we have no fucking players.

Cammy is fine on the pitch, not spectacular, but fine. Bleeds dark blue as people have mentioned and knows the club inside out.  

You can't teach mercurial talent but you can role model the right attitude to decent players. Cammy has the potential to be a significant asset in that and can play a bit of full back without being a mess as well.

If you've played much team sport, even at an decent amateur level, you'll know that the culture you create is almost as important as the talent you have. You don't see Milner pulling up any trees at Liverpool, but you need folk like that when you're building a team. 

In our situation getting him signed up is a no brainer.

Edited by The Algebraist

In fairness it was pretty inevitable that Cammy got an extension, and on its own I can stomach it just fine, it's good to have someone who genuinely cares involved. It's if we start showing too much loyalty to our Championship squad that'll get me properly concerned. For me personally, aside from the obvious names in Mulligan and Anderson, I'd offer McGhee, McCowan (likely leaving anyway) and McMullan deals (Sweeney, Ashcroft and Legzdins I could accept as back-up options, though with Cammy staying that willingness has dried up slightly) and let the rest go.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

In fairness it was pretty inevitable that Cammy got an extension, and on its own I can stomach it just fine, it's good to have someone who genuinely cares involved. It's if we start showing too much loyalty to our Championship squad that'll get me properly concerned. For me personally, aside from the obvious names in Mulligan and Anderson, I'd offer McGhee, McCowan (likely leaving anyway) and McMullan deals (Sweeney, Ashcroft and Legzdins I could accept as back-up options, though with Cammy staying that willingness has dried up slightly) and let the rest go.

I agree with Mulligan, McGhee, and McCowan. I’d be tempted to offer Jak a 1 year deal but appreciate that’s a risk. The rest can leave with our gratitude and best wishes. 

1 hour ago, AlanPartridge said:

All this pish about him bleeding dark blue, I bleed dark blue myself but wouldnt get a game for Dundee cos i’m pish at football.

"He works hard and gives 100% to Dundee".

Well, no. My gran worked hard and actually had to give money to Dundee for season tickets and presents etc. He gets paid handsomely for being abject, at best.

"He bleeds dark blue."

Birthday caird pish. 

"He's great in the community"

Good for him, put him in the alligator suit or give him a community based role. Sick and fucking tired of this c**t getting deals because "he's not the biggest problem" year after year, time after time. If he's not the biggest problem and yet still can't get a fucking game then empty him.

Edited by Derry Alli