All things Dundee FC

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What's funny about that? You drunken moron.

Thank you.

He should be celebrating his own team's victory, yet here he is celebrating with us, ready to make another arse of himself.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

He should be celebrating his own team's victory, yet here he is celebrating with us, ready to make another arse of himself.

I know you're of a delicate disposition Johny...so I'll just let that go.

3 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

On Another night we score 5 and its comfortable. New signings are an improvement.....but again we're going to struggle to score goals. Robinson is average against part timers so can't see him stepping up. 

Funny I thought Robinson was decent tonight partnered by an utter donkey. 

Good result at the Fruit Bowl. Knives being sharpened early in the season. 

26 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Funny I thought Robinson was decent tonight partnered by an utter donkey. 

Good result at the Fruit Bowl. Knives being sharpened early in the season. 

Robinson flatters to deceive in my opinion. 

Oh #goodwinout fills me with joy. I've had a lifetime of gloating from them so mark my words at times likes this i go in to overdrive.

Robinson will do well for us. His ability to make the ball stick will be crucial. However we do no need at least another striker. Rudden works hard but he simply isn’t good enough. That header was shocking at the start of the game. Hate giving boys a hard time, especially when you can see they’re really trying, but he’s just so limited. 

Thought Robinson wasn't as involved as he could have been tonight but not worth commenting on. Showed a bit about him at times and I really don't think the deep sitting forward role he was playing first half. Created the goal and put it on a plate for Rudden though.

Beck looked decent, apart from his stupid booking, Shaughnessy didn't have much to do, but looked calm, composed and commanding when required. Tiffoney flattered to deceive - looks like he has pace, but didn't seem to have a killer final ball (nae neck mark II??) and Boateng looked decent. McCowan had another one of his games where he just disappeared and Cameron has obviously been given the playmaker role and was trying spraying a lot of 40-yard, crossfield passes - mostly successfully. Rudden manages to get himself into decent positions but always seems to get his feet tangled up or turns the wrong way into traffic at the crucial moment. Hopefully Pineda will be the business, or we will definitely need someone to link up with ZR16.

Decent performance, plenty of chances created but two great saves and a hatful of missed chances meant it was only 1-0.

Final word for the pitch - never seen anything like it outside of a council park pitch. There were bobbles and bumps in it all over the place and the far goal-line was a good three feet higher at one side than the other!

We go again. 

Beck and Tiffoney started the game well in the opening twenty minutes but by the end you could see Tiffoney was as fatigued as Granny Danger after a slow hundred metre saunter. It's very early days and players are still catching up on fitness so the fact we completely dominated and should've been three or four up by the end is pleasing in this kind of game.

I thought Robinson was good, he held it up well and showed impressive ball control in tight areas with good link up play. Certainly contributed a lot more than Rudden despite him notching a goal. I'm afraid the stench of Ruddens overall performance was only outdone by the overflowing portaloo on exit. 

Outside of the ninety minutes of football  the away experience as a whole was enjoyable. Plenty of pubs around the ground and a proper local team bang in the centre of the Town. Plenty of outlets to shove some food down your pus pre or post match if that's your game.

None of your half and half scarves, your selfie sticks and your fucking retail park stadiums. That was proper football for me; people had finished their work, banged on their Bonnyrigg attire and headed to watch their local team. Fair play to everyone in the home end. We're continually told from down South what football is all about but anyone who is taken in by it needs to give their head a shake. 

Accompanied with the old school feel was Donkey brays and laughter at the oncoming strikers of The Bonnyrigg in the last ten. One resembled a freakishly tall human ostrich Space Jam character while the other had been tucking into the takeaway outlets around the ground a bit too much to say the least. Anyway the bizarre double act did cause a few restless minutes to end the game for the Dee. 

To end the night i had to make my way past the Bonnyrigg Ultras who were congregated near their home end. I began to think of ways i could make up excuses of an unfortunate trip to hide the minter of being done in by  the BonnyRigg Ultras. Thankfully managed to escape with only being called a p***k by one eight year old boy in a Stone Island. It actually brought a smile to my pus and i congratulated him - he looked bewildered. 

A quick check of the phone showed the DABs in continued dissarray as they were pumped at home by the Thistle and dumped out the cup within the first four days. A good trip was complete. 

Away the Dee. 

Thank you. 

Again, I'm just not getting the Robinson negativity at all. He scored goals last season, continued to score goals in pre-season friendlies - what more can you ask for? He thrives off of a decent striker partner alongside him and I'm hoping that is what he can get with Pineda coming. Other Scottish Premiership and League 1 teams wanted Robinson so I'll trust theirs and Dundee's judgement that he can step up. 

Last night is what it is, we only won 1-0 but judging by the comments/updates it should have been well more. Take the win, continue good momentum going into league and move on. Could have been worse - could be United, St Johnstone and St Mirren all picking up poor results. 

27 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Again, I'm just not getting the Robinson negativity at all. He scored goals last season, continued to score goals in pre-season friendlies - what more can you ask for? He thrives off of a decent striker partner alongside him and I'm hoping that is what he can get with Pineda coming. Other Scottish Premiership and League 1 teams wanted Robinson so I'll trust theirs and Dundee's judgement that he can step up. 

Last night is what it is, we only won 1-0 but judging by the comments/updates it should have been well more. Take the win, continue good momentum going into league and move on. Could have been worse - could be United, St Johnstone and St Mirren all picking up poor results. 

There seems to be just one person moaning about Robinson here - and quite frankly he's talking shite.

He's a definite upgrade on the likes of Cillian Sheridan and Danny Mullen.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

29 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There seems to be just one person moaning about Robinson here - and quite frankly he's talking shite.

He's a definite upgrade on the likes of Cillian Sheridan and Danny Mullen.

Rudden seems to still gets dogs abuse from most of the support and some of it was merited last season, im one the gaffers side with him im giving him a clean slate moaning at the guy when hes playing cant be helping his confidence i hope most support give him a clean slate aswell and do get behind him mabye he will come good even as an impact sub, i hope the club are looking for another striker and possibly an attacking centre mid just so we have good back up incase of injuries