All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently about £30k for every million. 

See the fees being reported as between £6.5m and £7m

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Neil McCann coming up trumps again.

I do often wonder where you lot would be if you'd just blindly stuck by him and allowed him to learn from mistakes. From the outside he seemed to find proper gems with you, while at ICT he seemed to be getting it right on the pitch.

I genuinely can't remember now what state you were in when he left though.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I do often wonder where you lot would be if you'd just blindly stuck by him and allowed him to learn from mistakes.

I'm slightly bias towards Neil but I'd imagine we would be somewhere between splitting the Old Firm and Europa League semi finalists.

1 hour ago, Billy Budd said:

On Max Anderson…what do you think is missing with him? I was always impressed with him and surprised he’s not developed more. 

Always compared him to Callachan, and think he'll follow a similar career path.

Interesting my data shite says the most similar player to Andersons 20/21 season was Callachan at Hamilton. Most similar to Anderson in 21/22 was Ali Crawford for us in 21/22...

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting my data shite says the most similar player to Andersons 20/21 season was Callachan at Hamilton. Most similar to Anderson in 21/22 was Ali Crawford for us in 21/22...

Bruce Forsyth Tv Times GIF - Bruce Forsyth Tv Times ...

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And one of them is quite enough thanks…

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I do often wonder where you lot would be if you'd just blindly stuck by him and allowed him to learn from mistakes. From the outside he seemed to find proper gems with you, while at ICT he seemed to be getting it right on the pitch.

If you can't remember then why bother to type alot of utter pish and why do you spend time often wondering about Neil McCann and Dundee? Strange wee man, but that's to be expected from the man who was posting on P&B at 5 30pm on the day of sealing a cup double saying he was lying on his couch away to sleep.

He signed Kamara which he never shuts up about and Hendry. Lets looks at some other signings:

Randy Wolters

Benjamin Kallman

Lewis Spence 

Jean Mendy

Ryan Inniss

Andrew Boyle

Sofien Moussa

Flapjack (for a fee)

Adil Nabi

Madianga

Elton Ngwala

Morph all of them into one player and you'd still be left with an utter diddy. We were abysmal under McCann at the end and were righty being wholloped from game to game. Those who went to the matches weekly will know how bad it was. Another sorry chapter in our recent history was McCann. Of course a few passes out from the back kept the football purists happy.  ' He's trying to play the right way'. Oh Deary me. 

You were ranting on about the percentage of Davidsons signings being terrible yet think Dundee should've blindly let him stay on. Utterly clueless as always Boredom. 

Thank you, 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

There's not much missing per se. He just isn't very good. His level was always going to be very bottom Premiership, top Championship. 

Same with one if the boys at Dens now. I highly doubt he will make the grade bit he appears to be being given every opportunity. 

If there was a hybrid of the pair of them, I'd be excited AF.

Pretty much this. A lot of effort but not a whole load of quality.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McCann had plenty of time at Dens to get things right, and all that happened was we got progressively worse and more chaotic the longer he was in cherge.

The season before he was fired we dodged relegation by the skin of our teeth. He responded to this by signing a heap of total unknowns from Norwegian and French football, most of whom didn't even speak basic English. They were then left in a wee clique to themselves because nobody in the dressing room could communicate with them. Bad enough that McCann appeared to believe that lower-end Premiership Scots players could enact his total football plan, never mind trying to communicate that to a load of players with whom you had no common language.

The first serious competitive match of that season was a League Cup group stage tie against Championship Dunfermline at Dens. We only lost 0-1, but the performance was utterly pathetic. We got physically bodied all over the pitch. We got out ran, out chased, out worked, and pretty much taken advantage of by a side in the division below. It was immediately obvious we were in serious trouble, because this wasn't a mix of youngsters and bit-part players, it was pretty much our planned 1st choice 11 that McCann had assembled over the summer. Performances from that moment up to McCann's sacking pretty much followed the same pattern. Tombola selections, a player who impressed one week would be dropped the next and not reappear for weeks, players played out of position, but the common theme was inept, puny, uncompetitive performances where we continually got bullied both on and off the ball.

Dundee fans rightly regard Jim McIntyre as a joke figure because of the awfulness of his spell in charge, but in truth we were utterly doomed by McCann's inability to grasp that mediocre players just couldn't enact his fantasy of samba football, and the fact he lumbered the squad with a load of lightweight shiters. One or two you can get away with, but his team was packed with them. The one guy he signed who looked like he was cut out for Scots fitbaw, Madianga, was the worst victim of the random selections. The fact that once McCann got the punt McIntyre then had to loan in about 10 players of his own, and we mutually consented a load of McCann's signings months before the end of the season just sums up how clueless McCann's recruitment was.

If we'd stuck with McCann I don't believe we'd be in any different a state than we are right now, because we were headed for the Championship before a ball was kicked that season. Jesus Christ himself would have achieved nothing with the gimps McCann had assembled.

Oh, and McCann's big 'marquee' signing of that summer was Jack Hamilton. Undoubtedly, and by a long way, the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen make more than a one-off appearance at Dens. The fact McCann paid a fee to sign him beggars belief. In fact, Hamilton's spell at Dens is really a microcosm of McCann's own. Given umpteen opportunities, and made a complete mess of it every single time.

Edited by Boo Khaki

11 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently about £30k for every million. 

Unless my math is wildly off, you get £5k for every million. The solidarity fee is 5% of the total transfer fee, you lot get a 10% cut of that 5% as he was with you during the season of his 23rd birthday although he was only there for half a season so I’m not sure if that then gets split again with Celtic? 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Unless my math is wildly off, you get £5k for every million. The solidarity fee is 5% of the total transfer fee, you lot get a 10% cut of that 5% as he was with you during the season of his 23rd birthday although he was only there for half a season so I’m not sure if that then gets split again with Celtic? 

Angry Kenneth Copeland GIF by Squirrel Monkey