All things Dundee FC

Giving a new contract to a player that managed all of 30 appearances over 3 years would be peak Dundee, and exactly the sort of nonsense that has held the club back for years.

He's a decent player on ability, but letting him walk was the only sensible course of action.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Giving a new contract to a player that managed all of 30 appearances over 3 years would be peak Dundee, and exactly the sort of nonsense that has held the club back for years.

He's a decent player on ability, but letting him walk was the only sensible course of action.

Correct. Enjoyed watching him play for us but you just know Dunfermline will release him at the end of his contract giving to the same issues. 

Jak and Zach were an excellent partnership and bounced off each other IMO but when Robinson went back to Wimbledon the correct decision was to let Jak go, but when we got Zach back we should have got Jak back at least as back up. The 2 of them always looked good together. Zach needed Jak back IMO. He doesn’t look very good without him. 

On 09/09/2023 at 18:18, Dee Man said:

You just know Jakubiak will play a blinding full season with Dunfermline, we’ll re-sign him and he’ll tear his cruciate eyelash within 5 mins of the first game. 

Cruciate eyelash injuries are no joke.

Did anyone hear of any potential replacements or was this what made room for the extra signing?

On 09/09/2023 at 19:26, Liam899 said:

Good player who we’d have given a deal to if we hadn’t had Rudden! Cheers McPake. 

I’m convinced he’d also have offered more than Robinson has so far, but I’m hoping he’ll come good.

I reckon he was key to Robinson's success. Just had a connection on and off the field like all top pairings for us have had over the years. Jakubiak was only too happy to let Robinson be the main man and he be the link up guy.

Tyler French out on loan to Morton for the rest of the season.

Bit of an odd one. I could understand until January to help get fitness up, but the whole season seems a bit extreme.

Edited by The Master

Another chapter in our club accepting the Dundee born Kerr over a better player.

Ah well, it's been going on for around a decade now, I'm not even going to argue it anymore.

Thankfully this season we look like we have a squad that is very capable on the whole which should lessen my disdain on the right back matter.

It's clearly done as we have McGhee and Kerr for that position (Mulligan if needed) and it's an expense that can be cut.

With the likes of Lamie signing and Connolly coming back into training the centre back options are overfilled and for all we know French wants to play as a CB. Docherty was in the press just yesterday saying French will be returning so it could be the players choice. French was outstanding at Ibrox last season in a back three.

The right business decision but the wrong player going out. The first to be culled should be Kerr (RB) and Ashcroft (CB).

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92