All things Dundee FC

Reading that Carson's family are due to move up here soon. How long is his contract? I thought it was part of his deal at St Mirren that he trained part time so he could visit them? Anyway, good news for him which is hopefully good news for us.

"My family are moving up next month so it's still a bit unsettling with them down south.

"Once they move up it'll be that extra bit easier for me having them here and not having to travel down the road once or twice a week. Little things like that are massive in performing well on a Saturday."

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Great that Portales got 90mins in, thought he looked good, calm and composed, under heavy pressure.

Good to hear that, just what 'The Good Doctor' ordered, the team collective stronger and even wiser with each game.

Looking forward to watching nowt less than securing 3 points next weekend at Dens against Ross County, especially with the central defensive options improving by the week and Tom, sorry Trevor Carson being the best custodian since Robert Douglas, first time around that is, imho. 

tumblr_e58cc504c27d75f5cf738d0291af86e4_d33e6e31_500.gif.e6a5e4892864981ed21642e5958f7ec4.gif  

Seven matches played and Dundee haven't looked out of place in either of them. That's good enough for me right now after eye bleeding times for the majority of the last decade.

Did Nelms and Co actually make a great decision to boot Bowyer after the team were booed off in the second last game of our previous season due to insipid football against the mighty Cove Rangers?

People were quick to vent in the summer but right now it looks like our club is moving in an upward direction. It's a well done for the summer business from me at the moment, however very aware it's only seven games in. 

County at home is a great chance to progress and with Aberdeen up after that I've not seen a big away crowd up there since the Bonetti days (6pm perfect for a day out in Aberdeen). With 1300+ at Hibs it seems alot are realising  the effort of this current team we have. A team the fans can be proud of at venues like Easter Road.

Another week and another happy punter - we're in strange territory. It's good to have some belief in a Dundee team at long last.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Don’t know how many others subscribe to DeeTV but I’ve just watched the full Doc post match interview. He comes over so well, intelligent, articulate, confident. A very impressive man who clearly has belief in, and ambitions for, our squad. 

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Julian-Speroni-5-vass.jpg.e9819e42a43eec3117133ec9a4a29e87.jpg

What a goalie top that was :wub: 

As an aside, do goalie tops still have those padded elbows? Mind having a yellow one from about that period which had them; with RawB 1 on the back, naturally. 

16 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not Dundee related, but linking this vid has got me on a whole Bob Dylan listening train since I saw it lol.

Thank you.

Excellent choice, I particularly enjoy rolling the windows down and blaring Like a Rolling Stone.

The Bob Dylan talk has reminded me of an old guy I used to work with who always wanted Subterranean Homesick Blues on. Put that ane with the '20 years of schooling and they'd put you on the day shift' line he'd ask for four times a week. Made his day. What a man.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Don’t know how many others subscribe to DeeTV but I’ve just watched the full Doc post match interview. He comes over so well, intelligent, articulate, confident. A very impressive man who clearly has belief in, and ambitions for, our squad. 

It's much better this season, apart from the Mullet of the guy presenting the weekly match preview. Looks fucking ridiculous and I wonder if anyone actually tells him. Sometimes in life you need to be telt straight. It's not funny, it's not unique and it's certainly a minter to all concerned with Dundee FC for the poster boy of Dee TV to have a hairdo even Stevie Wonder would take umbrage to.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

On 01/10/2023 at 10:41, Dundee-FC92 said:

Seven matches played and Dundee haven't looked out of place in either of them. That's good enough for me right now after eye bleeding times for the majority of the last decade.

Did Nelms and Co actually make a great decision to boot Bowyer after the team were booed off in the second last game of our previous season due to insipid football against the mighty Cove Rangers?

People were quick to vent in the summer but right now it looks like our club is moving in an upward direction. It's a well done for the summer business from me at the moment, however very aware it's only seven games in. 

County at home is a great chance to progress and with Aberdeen up after that I've not seen a big away crowd up there since the Bonetti days (6pm perfect for a day out in Aberdeen). With 1300+ at Hibs it seems alot are realising  the effort of this current team we have. A team the fans can be proud of at venues like Easter Road.

Another week and another happy punter - we're in strange territory. It's good to have some belief in a Dundee team at long last.

Thank you.

Any idea what our allocation will be for the Aberdeen game? Before the season started, I remembering reading that Aberdeen were looking to slash all away allocations to 350, not sure if they went ahead with it or not

1 hour ago, milkydfc said:

Any idea what our allocation will be for the Aberdeen game? Before the season started, I remembering reading that Aberdeen were looking to slash all away allocations to 350, not sure if they went ahead with it or not

Been told supporters clubs have had 1200 allocation confirmed, with 200 reserve. 

Public sale 09th Oct.

Thank you.