All things Dundee FC

Just wanted to take a moment while we're discussing our loan players to pay tribute to the new love of my life - Owen Beck. 

What a player he is, defensive anticipation is superb, his pace has wingers shackled and his poise on the ball is now causing carnage going forward as well. 

If he stays injury free I honestly think he is a stick on for our player of the season. On current form up he should be young player of the season for the league as well, but they'll probably give it to that Northern Irish kid that plays in the teddies midfield along with a voucher for three penalties.

No doubt this will turn out to be some midlife fling as there is next to no chance he will be playing at this level next season.

We can enjoy the moment though Owen! All we have is now. 

P.S. Please do not tell my wife.

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

Just wanted to take a moment while we're discussing our loan players to pay tribute to the new love of my life - Owen Beck. 

What a player he is, defensive anticipation is superb, his pace has wingers shackled and his poise on the ball is now causing carnage going forward as well. 

If he stays injury free I honestly think he is a stick on for our player of the season. On current form up he should be young player of the season for the league as well, but they'll probably give it to that Northern Irish kid that plays in the teddies midfield along with a voucher for three penalties.

No doubt this will turn out to be some midlife fling as there is next to no chance he will be playing at this level next season.

We can enjoy the moment though Owen! All we have is now. 

P.S. Please do not tell my wife.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-dundee-talks-over-owen-31719796

The Rovers lads at the top of the championship mentioning that Dylan Easton is being linked with us as a swap for Byrne, seemingly rejected by RRFC, or via a fee in January rather than getting him free in the summer at the end of contract. (Delighted by the way that Byrne shining for the Rovers. )

i for one would take Easton, although it would leave Tiffoney adrift in the selection stakes - how about a swap, Tiffoney for Easton? 😝

Just now, Chateau Lafite said:

The Rovers lads at the top of the championship mentioning that Dylan Easton is being linked with us as a swap for Byrne, seemingly rejected by RRFC, or via a fee in January rather than getting him free in the summer at the end of contract. (Delighted by the way that Byrne shining for the Rovers. )

i for one would take Easton, although it would leave Tiffoney adrift in the selection stakes - how about a swap, Tiffoney for Easton? 😝

I would say that Easton is probably a bigger asset to Raith than Byrne would ever be.

32 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Been a bit of a disappointment, although to be fair, chances have been limited.

Tiffoney, Byrne and Rudden for Easton?

Think that would be tempting for them.

Thank you.

A total non-sequitur (maybe deliberate as I'm not so worried about our loan players and reckon the Easton stuff is nonsense and don't want him anyway), but just watched the highlights from India, where it was Greg Stewart vs Jason Cummings in the ISL, and it was bloody entertaining. Goals for both ex-Dees and 7 (seven) red cards, including one for Stewart.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Tbf the actual quote was something like "we're in constant dialogue with all loan players parent clubs" and the separate fact that there's a recall option in the loan deal - as I'm sure there will be in almost all of our loans this season. They've put that together as us being in talks about cancelling his deal/him being recalled.

Lot of pish.

Beck will still be here in February. I'm pretty confident of that.

On 21/12/2023 at 08:46, This Charming Man said:

Fair comment above regarding Bakayoko. I see Forest Green Rovers have just appointed Troy Deeney as head coach/manager and I'd imagine he'll want to assess what he has available.

There again, he may want to clear the decks to create space for his own signings. One thing for sure, 'The Doc' will have it all in hand I reckon. 

You'd expect The Doc to be given a blank cheque in January. 

OPEN THE WARCHEST! 

10 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Tbf the actual quote was something like "we're in constant dialogue with all loan players parent clubs" and the separate fact that there's a recall option in the loan deal - as I'm sure there will be in almost all of our loans this season. They've put that together as us being in talks about cancelling his deal/him being recalled.

Lot of pish.

Beck will still be here in February. I'm pretty confident of that.

Yeah, being more serious for a sec it's common knowledge Liverpool are short in defence so it makes sense to ask them about it, but if a loan is working I don't see them taking him back to make the bench sometimes.

New stadium image looks fantastic - not sure of the impact of the low sun by rotating 90 degrees.  A wee bit disappointing to drop the capacity to 12,500+.  No denying it's a more realistic capacity for the club most of the time, but for the biggest games we could have gone a bit bigger.

If it all looks like that and contains everything mentioned though I'd be delighted.

5 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

New stadium image looks fantastic - not sure of the impact of the low sun by rotating 90 degrees.  A wee bit disappointing to drop the capacity to 12,500+.  No denying it's a more realistic capacity for the club most of the time, but for the biggest games we could have gone a bit bigger.

If it all looks like that and contains everything mentioned though I'd be delighted.

Sun...Dundee?  

Joking apart if does look smert - hope it's as good in the flesh.

28 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

WOW, that looks amazing.

Surely any planning/access issues can be overcome, the city can't afford to turn down investment like this.

The doom & gloom merchants that say we only here about the new stadium when things are bad will be speechless.

1 minute ago, rhumbaclub said:

WOW, that looks amazing.

Surely any planning/access issues can be overcome, the city can't afford to turn down investment like this.

The doom & gloom merchants that say we only here about the new stadium when things are bad will be speechless.

I wouldn't bet on it.

1 minute ago, rhumbaclub said:

WOW, that looks amazing.

Was thinking this as well - they really need to get the proper plans in place soon while there is an extremely rare feel-good factor around the place.

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Sun...Dundee?  

Joking apart if does look smert - hope it's as good in the flesh.

We get plenty of sun, just usually at 3pm in winter when it's still an inconvenience rather than when you'd want it.