All things Dundee FC

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Agree with both these posts, Kerr has lived the dream, and despite his failure to ever put a decent cross in, Manager after Manager has kept him on, and the majority have played him regularly. I wish him all the best.

Rudden, I am not arsed about at all.

They haven't though.

McIntyre and McGhee whether anyone rates them or not had no ties to the club and quickly seen he was mincemeat.

Bowyer got the jist of it aswell and by the end of last season he hardly featured with Mulligan preferred.

McPake and McCann played him relentlessly during periods of complete misery. McPake handing a two year contract out before to 'relate to the fans' and someone in the background doing so this summer before Docherty was appointed.

Hartley brought him through and in those periods we seen the best of Kerr where his contracts were obvious to give.

That's 50% thinking he wasn't upto it and within the ones who did the moron McPake, delusional McCann and Hartley who gets pass marks.

The only thing that kept him coming back was Horsefield, Elliot, Vontae Campbell and other wasters.

Anyway, I'll be glad to never mention him again. I'll leave my Kerr posts in the past with our minter years.

We move.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Some managers come in and keep boys on because they're good around the club. They're local. Fair play to Cammy, he's bled the club of wages for over ten years whilst being pretty sub standard at every perceivable level. 

Am I jealous it wasn't me? Absolutely.

Am I at all bothered he is being let go? Not at all. From a purely ability level, it's long overdue.

Everyone knows my soft spot for Cammy and there’s no point regurgitating all that stuff. 
I make 2 points -

1) No matter what you think of him he is not singularly responsible for our shite form over the last 8 years. 
2) Despite his limitations and anyone’s take on them he has never ever downed tools. He gives of his best (such as it is) in every game. 

Given all that, now he’s leaving I think we should leave it at wishing him all the best for the rest of his career/life and not rip him up for shite paper. 

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Sorry, but if you're going to use this pair of tactical fuckwits as your argument then we are just going to have to disagree. 

Thank you.

They have experience in the game and have been more successful than we could ever hope for (going by McPake, MCann etc). Going by that comment we can't argue either way as every manager Kerrs had bar Hartley has been useless.

We'd kill for a league cup win like McIntyre provided the Dingwall. They weren't the right choice for Dundee but to disregard their opinions on football is stupid. Especially when we've been pathetic for years. They seen Kerr was rotten with their years behind them in the game.

In summary you could add them into another two shocking appointments that marred Kerrs whole time at the club.

Time to move on and progress starting with Docherty who I think we're all behind.

Thank you.

Also re-watching the game again this morning hanging Castelloe out to dry for the first goal is a bit harsh. He tries to play the ball back to McCowan and a Killie player gets a toe to his pass and deflects it to another Killie lad. A bit unlucky. However if Ledzgins comes out as he should and claims the ball it’s panic over. 
The second one well his man gets in front of him. The pundits on Sportscene make Mulligan slightly culpable but for me that’s a bit harsh. In his defence he’s 2 minutes into his debut and we’re 1 down, he’s a young lad - it’s a lot of pressure. For me a top class keeper has a chance because it’s not in the corner but there’s no hope of Ledzgins getting there. 

Kerr will always be liked here, but we all know it's time, probably quite late even.

Surely we'll be bringing in a right wing back though? We can't keep sticking in midfielders like Howley or wingers like Costelloe into those positions and expect to not ship goals?

I do wonder why Doc has brought in all these wingers for a system that they can't play their best role in, but that's a separate issue.

Well that was quick.

Also seeing that apparently an English source has confirmed that Mellon is coming here, though haven’t seen the source yet myself.

Edit: Posted on TDB, from the English Sun (boooooo) newspaper.

Screenshot_2024-01-21-15-05-43-443_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg.bdb2fc85055916324a56895a206809b8.jpg

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Some managers come in and keep boys on because they're good around the club. They're local. Fair play to Cammy, he's bled the club of wages for over ten years whilst being pretty sub standard at every perceivable level. 

Am I jealous it wasn't me? Absolutely.

Am I at all bothered he is being let go? Not at all. From a purely ability level, it's long overdue.

“Bled” is not an adjective I’d choose to describe his contracts over the years.  I think he did give a lot back to the club over and above whatever ability you assess he had on the park.

When taking into account the hours of unpaid work he did for the club I doubt he’d be on a particularly great hourly rate in comparison to many other players (that have failed spectacularly) our managers have signed over the last 10 years. 

I'm not really for bashing Cammy too much. All I'll say is that this has been coming for seasons now. What we can all concede, at least, is that he gave his all for the club when he played and got to do what all of us dreamed of. It's also true that it is his love for the club that kept him here for so long. 

Rudden - Definitely not the worst we've had but really, really lacking in quality and just simply not at this level if we are to progress.

All the best to Cammy if he goes to Inverness.

Apologies for playing the cynic here but could this not tie in with today's story about him going there on a permanent? I.e. they were told he'd be playing tonight so a loan wouldn't be possible.

I'm kind of resigned to him not coming back tbh. We saw two new players play in his position yesterday :( 

Just now, RawB93 said:

Apologies for playing the cynic here but could this not tie in with today's story about him going there on a permanent? I.e. they were told he'd be playing tonight so a loan wouldn't be possible.

I'm kind of resigned to him not coming back tbh. We saw two new players play in his position yesterday :( 

He cant play for anyone but Dundee or Liverpool this season, regardless of if he moves permanently or on loan.

Is the new guy you got from Burnley highly rated? As it looks likely Beck returns now unless Liverpool have more injuries. 

Just now, RawB93 said:

They can sign him all they want he'll not be playing for them this season