All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Doc in the post-match said he was 'compos mentis' and they'd spoken before he headed to Ninewells, so that's a definite relief. 

Aye. Id worried he'd landed badly on his neck, tbh, just by the way it looked like the medics were treating him. Always shite it when it looks like a players lost consciousness while still in the air.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hope hes okay, as it looked absolutely horrendous at the time.

Hopefully your club publicly condemn the ref for playing on as its so dangerous to leave those head knocks untreated too long, and fair play to your physio for just going on the pitch while play went on.

Fair enough if any Saintees want to show sympathy but if your team didn't timewaste from the early stages there wouldn't of been enough time for one of your thuggish players to purposely wipe out Mellon.

With the horrendous referee playing on, he should also have awarded a penalty against another of your clumsy defenders on Costelloe.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

With the horrendous referee playing on, he should also have awarded a penalty against another of your clumsy defenders on Costelloe.

Ref had lost the plot by then, but it brings you back to VAR again.

Surely incidents like that, where its clear a panicking ref has missed something and needs a second look, and theres a 5+ minute delay to the game anyway, is exactly when it should be getting involved?

Its just random when they use it and when they dont.

Posted this in the match thread before I noticed it being discussed in this thread so copy and paste job:

Munro has consistently been the worst referee we've had on a consistent basis starting right from early in the season with the Mulligan red card.

This is a considerable leap in incompetence. It's one thing getting a football decision wrong but quite another allowing play to continue (regardless of who's in attack) whilst a player lies motionless on the ground after a blow to the back of the head.

Horrific.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ref had lost the plot by then, but it brings you back to VAR again.

Surely incidents like that, where its clear a panicking ref has missed something and needs a second look, and theres a 5+ minute delay to the game anyway, is exactly when it should be getting involved?

Its just random when they use it and when they dont.

If you're alluding to 'random' being like you, as in usually wrong and a series of graphical clusterfucks throughout then you're spot on for once.

Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Posted this in the match thread before I noticed it being discussed in this thread so copy and paste job:

Munro has consistently been the worst referee we've had on a consistent basis starting right from early in the season with the Mulligan red card.

This is a considerable leap in incompetence. It's one thing getting a football decision wrong but quite another allowing play to continue (regardless of who's in attack) whilst a player lies motionless on the ground after a blow to the back of the head.

Horrific.

He needs removed, doctor on the pitch while this moron allows play to go on.

Get him to f**k.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I love the top one mate, can you share a link if it's not too much hassle? 

dens park | eBay

No problem my man, hope it works, the link is to the list of Dens Park items they have for sale. Seller is 'Stadium Portraits'.

As for the game today, hope young Mellon recovers soon. I'd only highlighted to my mate about 15 mins prior, this was the type of game where a broken limb was a likely outcome for someone due to the incompetence and one sided decisions of a referee who had no control at any time. 

St Johnstone keeper wasted time from the 9th minute onwards, pitiful.

Never mind, "stick your Tayside Derby up your arse", Craig Levein can stick his brand of anti-football up his arse.

Merely my opinion.

It was good to see that Donnelly can play CB in the back 4. Sylla was amazing today. Plenty of options in midfield. Sylla and Boateng would work well with McCowan and front. Robertson also is decent with Boateng so hope to see him feature more often. Mulligan will have chances at CM,RWB and RM so Doc has got plenty of options. McCowan, Cameron, Sylla, Robertson and Mulligan are great midfield options for next season and it doesn't look an area we need to improve that much. 

Watched the collision of heads back on DeeTV. Mellon definitely isn't out cold before he hits the floor, gets his hands in front of him and stops his head banging off the turf, then places his hands on top of his head. Glad that he was able to do that, could have been even worse otherwise. Probably won't see him for at least a couple of weeks but hopefully it's nothing more than a regular concussion, and that he's able to recover more for his own health rather than for our benefit.

So , serious question, I know he’s only played a relatively small number of matches but where does Beck rank in our recent and all time list of full backs, or even defenders in general. Certainly in my 25ish years of going to Dens I can’t think of another defender who could win 1 v 1s so consistently that you’re just not bothered when you see an opposition forward trying to take him on.

Its like the certainty of seeing Greg Stewart cut in on his left foot on the edge of the box, but for a defender.

If Beck goes back to Liverpool, Captains them to 10+ EPL titles, half-a-dozen Champions Leagues, and bags a few Ballon d'Or for himself, then I might, might just grudgingly concede he's almost on a par with peak Jim Duffy.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

If Beck goes back to Liverpool, Captains them to 10+ EPL titles, half-a-dozen Champions Leagues, and bags a few Ballon d'Or for himself, then I might, might just grudgingly concede he's almost on a par with peak Jim Duffy.

Without being funny, but he might manage some of that. He genuinely reminds me of Andy Robertson at United.

Some young players have an "aura", where they know theyre destined for higher things and everything just looks a bit simple for them. Beck definitely seems like that. Its just kind of strolling it, but still looking like hes just toying with opponents and trying things to see what happens.

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

Certainly in my 25ish years of going to Dens I can’t think of another defender who could win 1 v 1s so consistently that you’re just not bothered when you see an opposition forward trying to take him on.

Eddie Malone. 

Glad to hear Mellon is okay. Obviously the referee has made an absolute mess of things, but hopefully it also prompts the authorities to do something about certain teams that constantly go down holding their head as some kind of advantage to stop play. Ultimately, it can put a few seconds  doubt in the mind of a referee which can be crucial in these kind of situations. 

It is far too serious a situation for teams to try and take advantage of the rules around.