All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They dont, no. Its explicitly stated its for 3 months only and the only benefit is experience. Although they also state the only want people who have previous experience of running a social media account for a football club.

Theyre trying to get an experienced candidate to work 9-5 one dae, create a TikTok account, run your social media accounts throughout the week, attend every game (home and away), for the rest of the season, and get £0 for it.

So they get to all home games free of charge, a load of free Dundee gear and get to meet Owen Beck?

If I lived in Dundee I would apply.

3 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

So they get to all home games free of charge, a load of free Dundee gear and get to meet Owen Beck?

If I lived in Dundee I would apply.

If youve got experience at a football club before then you should, IMO.

4 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

I’ve said before he’s like a cloan of Tosh Mckinlay at this stage , wins most one on one’s , exact same running style on his Mazies, and put in a great cross , so for me he’s the best left back since then and tosh was the best since Bobby Cox , 

100% this

14 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

100% this

On Beck, the lad is destined for big things, you don't get offered a 5 year deal by pool for no reason. 

He will bulk up further and cont to progress. As a lad in hospo said recently the coaching staff at Dundee are delighted almost pinching themselves at getting him - plus his professionalism. Dundee fans are in for a further 4 month treat if he stays injury free, he can only get better, yesterday you could see he was getting his confidence back.

There is talent and there is talent, hence the old firm interest, and probably more to come : lets enjoy the experience and he could be the difference in the top 6, he might be getting primed to take over from Mr Robertson in the future. By far the best LWB/LB I have witnessed at Dee since 1985!

59 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

An internship isn't wrong, companies offer them all over the world. It gives somebody a chance to try doing something they wouldn't otherwise. 

Hiding replies or criticism is wrong but I personally couldn't give a f**k if we are offering an unpaid internship.

Presumably if someone is shithot they'll get offered a paid job.

I don't agree with it (unpaid) but there's plenty of huge companies doing it. In fact even some companies in America that are charging to do it which is horrific.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unsure if you seen the incident, but there was zero chance Mellon was play acting.

One of the worst clashes of heads ive ever seen due to the pace Gordon went into at.

It looked horrible, and it's a mercy is not as bad as it should have been. Dundee are absolutely right to pursue this, there should be no chances taken with these types of incident and it is genuinely incredible that the referee did not see fit to stop the game. As you say, it was blindingly obvious this wasn't play acting.

Been suggested on TDBF that Carson needs surgery and has been delaying it for a good few month because Docherty doesn't trust Legzdins or Sharp as number one. Waiting on McCracken to fully recover from his broken arm then he'll take over as number 1 until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

They dont, no. Its explicitly stated its for 3 months only and the only benefit is experience. Although they also state the only want people who have previous experience of running a social media account for a football club.

Theyre trying to get an experienced candidate to work 9-5 one dae, create a TikTok account, run your social media accounts throughout the week, attend every game (home and away), for the rest of the season, and get £0 for it.

Your clubs responsible for hospitalising a young striker whilst in time added due to cheating throughout.

Climb down off your high horse you clown.

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It looked horrible, and it's a mercy is not as bad as it should have been. Dundee are absolutely right to pursue this, there should be no chances taken with these types of incident and it is genuinely incredible that the referee did not see fit to stop the game. As you say, it was blindingly obvious this wasn't play acting.

It's hard to imagine what was going through the referee's mind at that point, Dundee had the ball and on the attack and its our player with the injury so not as if he's going to get abuse for stopping play.

Baffling and dangerous that a referee is  not following the rules. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youve fucked it with this.

Not only trying to get free work from someone, but then trying to hide every reply that's criticising you for it and highlighting how wrong it is.

That's usually how an internship works you throbber.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don't agree with it (unpaid) but there's plenty of huge companies doing it. In fact even some companies in America that are charging to do it which is horrific.

How much should Dundee FC be paying for 9am-5pm one day a week and to attend matches with the media team?

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, QPEast said:

The fact they've went and deleted the internship tweet shows they know they are at it.

It's still up on Facebook and Instagram, they've most likely taken it down on Twitter because it's moron central.

23 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

It's hard to imagine what was going through the referee's mind at that point, Dundee had the ball and on the attack and its our player with the injury so not as if he's going to get abuse for stopping play.

Baffling and dangerous that a referee is  not following the rules. 

Just seen it again on stv news, Munro is looking straight at the incident from about 10 yards away, throws his arms up and says play on.

He needs removed from professional football permanently.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

An internship isn't wrong, companies offer them all over the world. It gives somebody a chance to try doing something they wouldn't otherwise. 

Hiding replies or criticism is wrong but I personally couldn't give a f**k if we are offering an unpaid internship.

Presumably if someone is shithot they'll get offered a paid job.

It gives wealthy people who can afford to work for free the chance to do something. Poor people who need to put food on the table need not apply.

9 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

How much should Dundee FC be paying for 9am-5pm one day a week and to attend matches with the media team?

Thank you.

At least the living wage.

Pretty sure that’s in breach of national minimum wage stuff, because they’ve attached benefits to it and said there’s a chance of a job in the future. Pretty disappointing from the club IMO, would cost them very little. 

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It gives wealthy people who can afford to work for free the chance to do something. Poor people who need to put food on the table need not apply.

At least the living wage.

If you want to apply and it can help further your future in any way then apply , if not then shut your pus and get on with your day. Coming on the Internet to whine about internships. f**k me.

Thank you.

34 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Your clubs responsible for hospitalising a young striker whilst in time added due to cheating throughout.

Climb down off your high horse you clown.

Thank you.

It looked like an accidental clash of heads. The ref should have stopped play slightly sooner, but play only went on for another 3 or 4 seconds before he did stop play.

Its great young Mellon is ok, but all this over the top hyperbole about a life endangering injury, on top of his comments after Wednesday night, makes me think there is only one manager allowed to act like a total fanny, and now Adams is away, Tony Doc is taking up the mantle.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

It looked like an accidental clash of heads. The ref should have stopped play slightly sooner, but play only went on for another 3 or 4 seconds before he did stop play.

Its great young Mellon is ok, but all this over the top hyperbole about a life endangering injury, on top of his comments after Wednesday night, makes me think there is only one manager allowed to act like a total fanny, and now Adams is away, Tony Doc is taking up the mantle.

I don’t think there is any point in arguing with you with regards to your interpretation of the incident as I doubt you will change your mind.  What I can assure you is that it was longer than 3 or 4 seconds.  If you don’t believe me, watch it again and time it.