All things Dundee FC

Courier reporting that our young keeper, Ally Graham who is only 15 is now playing for with our U18s and coming in on his days off to work 1to1 with Alan Combe but Southampton have had him on trial quite a few times and Newcastle are also monitoring him. 

Stephen Wright also saying that Barry Smith is returning to the club and going to work with our younger youth groups.

Edited by Ludo*1

35 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

When do we send McCowan, Cameron and Sylla to Raith Rovers as part of Operation Keep The Dabs Doon?

If it means more of this I'm in.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Courier reporting that our young keeper, Ally Graham who is only 15 is now playing for with our U18s and coming in on his days off to work 1to1 with Alan Combe but Southampton have had him on trial quite a few times and Newcastle are also monitoring him. 

Stephen Wright also saying that Barry Smith is returning to the club and going to work with our younger youth groups.

Young lad seems a proper talent in the making, a regular in the Scotland U16s at this point. Shame we’ll likely never see him play for us thanks to the way talent-stealing in football is going, at least it’s on the Old Firm. You’d imagine Burnley are also keeping tabs and will get first refusal once he eventually moves on. Hopefully we see some kind of windfall when it does happen.

Fair play to Barry, probably the kind of role best suited to him rather than a head coaching gig elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Sigh, you got any other centre backs you don't want?

I'm wondering if we'd put Ryan Astley out on loan so soon after signing him. 2.5-year deal so Doc clearly rates him, but only played about 15 minutes for us so far. Would be very surprised though if that happened.

Ashcroft to Raith is good business, 

Suffered some time out came back strong, no messing - but I am not so sure he will be good on the raith pitch at times,

He isnt the most dynamic on the deck. In the air - excellent. will score a few from corners...... 

Put him up against a nippy sweety he struggles.....

Best of luck to him. did a job - we have better now.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

i wouldn't give that c**t Macintyre the steam aff meh shite nevermind a decent young player.

If he helps them take points off the DABS then crack on! Clearly there’s some issue, was a big step up. Hopefully, if it goes through, he returns stronger and wiser. 

Doc said in today's media appearance that Reilly's still feeling a twinge in his hamstring, which doesn't indicate to me he'll be ready by even next week when the loan deadline closes.

Also says Howley and Pineda aren't back yet, but Portales and Mellon definitely are and are looking good.

Just now, peebles_Dee said:

0% chance of that happening. He is a premier league player. He is electric and will play a massive part in the rest of our season.

Pineda out on loan would make sense. He could be a decent player but he keeps getting injured. He is on a non contract I think so can give him time to get used to Scottish football in a competitive enviroment.

I have a friend who is a Ross County fan. He turned up at Dens last Saturday and was told he had to pay cash at the turnstile, £16. When he got through the turnstile he got a ticket for his seat number which said £10 on it. He reckons that Dundee are declaring the price of the ticket as £10 and keeping the £6 under the bed, or is this normal practice?

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have a friend who is a Ross County fan. He turned up at Dens last Saturday and was told he had to pay cash at the turnstile, £16. When he got through the turnstile he got a ticket for his seat number which said £10 on it. He reckons that Dundee are declaring the price of the ticket as £10 and keeping the £6 under the bed, or is this normal practice?

Absolutely not.

Usually Di Stefano piles it into a black bin bag and drives off into the sunset with it.

58 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Yes. We split families up into £10 seats and £16 seats. All at the discretion of the turnstile op.

One of the many perks, alongside cushions fluffed with tenners.