All things Dundee FC

We need to water our pitch more often. Amazing how wound up some folk are getting about this, especially those who are fans of clubs which don't even play in the same division and are therefore entirely unaffected 😆

Edited by Boo Khaki

Can you imagine how shit an atmosphere it would be if we were to cut UTD’s allocation to 5-10% of the away support like the ugly sisters seem to be doing to eachother?

obviously don’t follow either team but you can’t deny when both sets of fans are up for it you can see why the derby is one of the biggest in football or at least it used to be?

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Can you imagine how shit an atmosphere it would be if we were to cut UTD’s allocation to 5-10% of the away support like the ugly sisters seem to be doing to eachother?

obviously don’t follow either team but you can’t deny when both sets of fans are up for it you can see why the derby is one of the biggest in football or at least it used to be?

Absolutely, the spectacle of the whole thing has rarely been about what's on the pitch and they seem to have forgotten that.

You'd be looking at what, about 600 at Dens or 700 at Tannadice, instead of about 4000 each.  There's something to be said for making your home atmosphere as intimidating as possible, but 7500 v 4000 or 9500 v 4000 is just so much better.  Controversial take as well, but it can be great to see the "scenes" from the other side purely for the spectacle - obviously the opening goal in 4-1 win for us, but still - and that's just not the same with a few hundred fans.

But then in Dundee we are capable of rational thought and understand that those of an brightly coloured persuasion are not so different from ourselves and maybe just made a few poor choices!  In Glasgow they seem to think the other side is a different species when they don't realise it's all of them that are a different species to the rest of us.

Edited by stu2910

3 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

United voluntarily did that at the Doon Derby.

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

Absolutely, the spectacle of the whole thing has rarely been about what's on the pitch and they seem to have forgotten that.

You'd be looking at what, about 600 at Dens or 700 at Tannadice, instead of about 4000 each.  There's something to be said for making your home atmosphere as intimidating as possible, but 7500 v 4000 or 9500 v 4000 is just so much better.  Controversial take as well, but it can be great to see the "scenes" from the other side purely for the spectacle - obviously the opening goal in 4-1 win for us, but still - and that's just not the same with a few hundred fans.

But then in Dundee we are capable of rational thought and understand that those of an brightly coloured persuasion are not so different from ourselves and maybe just made a few poor choices!  In Glasgow they seem to think the other side is a different species when they don't realise it's all of them that are a different species to the rest of us.

I love (and hate) this about the derby all at the same time. Like it or lump it, as a fan these games are what you live for and if I was a Rangers or Celtic fan I would be raging at my club for taking that experience away. 

Whoever is 6th at the start of the split I reckon will get European football. Would have took survival at the start of the season but we are so close now that I would be slightly gutted if we didn't get 6th. We will get even better players if we finish 6th which can help us close the gap on 3rd and 4th next season. Calvin Ramsay I reckon would be a great loan signing if we get top 6 as he can't get a game for Bolton. He is good player who needs confidence back similar to what Beck needed.

8 minutes ago, Girth said:

Next season we should be pushing for 1st:

(1) New Bulletproof pitch

(2) More Latino ballers

(3) 6 figure sponsorship with Clark's bakery. 

Burnley might help with number 2. Tried Clarks's at the weekend first time but seagull pinched it. Have it built into Camperdown.

14 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I don't miss United at all and couldn't care less if there's never another derby as long as I live. 🤷‍♂️

When Tyler French was at Dundee, how was his distribution?

He has been very poor in every aspect of play at Morton unfortunately, which os surprising given the positive reports from Dundee fans before he came to Cappielow 

56 minutes ago, standman said:

When Tyler French was at Dundee, how was his distribution?

He has been very poor in every aspect of play at Morton unfortunately, which os surprising given the positive reports from Dundee fans before he came to Cappielow 

We’ve had a succession of right backs that get completely over-hyped simply because ‘they weren’t Cammy Kerr’. The lad’s had a bad injury but despite that I was never overly convinced he was the real deal.