All things Dundee FC

The Portales song seemed to go on for the entire first half which was probably the highlight of the day. Was also a fantastic day out in Edinburgh. Sat next to a table of angry bears from lunchtime onwards was good entertainment in itself. 

On the game, we were honking again but I’m not going to grudge the players a couple of poor performances after what’s been a highly entertaining and successful season. 

Thank you

Struggling to care about poor end of season form when the goal is already more than achieved.  It’s a shame but the team was built to deal with Livingston, St Johnstone and Ross County and has done that brilliantly.  The St Mirren result was disappointing, but being outplayed at Tynecastle doesn’t exactly make us stand out this season, Hearts have been tremendous and this is the first time in 4 that we’ve not gone toe to toe with them.

My only concern is that the negativity sticks around the club and/or support over the summer rather than finishing on a high.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Thought I'd pop my head in. Strong finish to the season. Well done.

Maybe better to finish in the bottom-6 and actually win a game after the split next year - makes you question what was the whole point of it all. Back to square one next season with your current loan army departing and the next bunch coming in.

Thank you.

You are such an attention seeking walloper which is a shame and is quite sad, as some of your in depth analysis on the Scotland national team part of the forum is quite decent.

We haven't been top six quality all season as I've repeatedly said. Hearts battered us as they did at Tynecastle last time when we scored two on the break to somehow lead.

Top six is a great achievement though in what's been one of the most entertaining seasons in ages.

Season ticket sales are vital for strengthening; anyone on the fence get the deed done and let's get these Dayglo twats skelped.

Thank you.

19 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

You are such an attention seeking walloper which is a shame and is quite sad, as some of your in depth analysis on the Scotland national team part of the forum is quite decent.

If that's what you believe and I don't doubt it, then why would you keep giving me attention? I would have thought the best approach would be to ignore. 

52 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

If that's what you believe and I don't doubt it, then why would you keep giving me attention? I would have thought the best approach would be to ignore. 

I've responded to youtmr hundreds of posts about three times. Each time to try and guide you away from the well trodden path of attention seeking rocket and provided some empathy with your plight and encouraged you to do good with your posts.

It's entirely up to yourself which path you choose, it's only an anonymous football forum after all. I just see no benefit in waking up every day and thinking "teeheehee let's try and annoy everyone online again." It's been done to death and I say, you are capable of more.

Robin Lathaouwers on trial. Predominantly a RB but has also played LB. Currently playing for Venlo in the second tier of Holland but fell out of favour after 18 months with them but still played 19 times this season. Still has a year on his deal for Venlo.

24 year old. 2 caps for Netherlands U17s.

McCracken

McGhee            Astley                             Portales            Donnelly

Sylla

Mulligan                  Boateng                  McCowan

Main                     Tiffoney

I think this team would be problem for Rangers weaknesses and their missing players.   

Some big players missing for Rangers. It’s a big opportunity to get a win to put pressure on St Mirren. 

Lundstrum, Sima, Matondo, Souttar, Goldson, Lawrence and Sterling not playing. We should attack from the start and put pressure on them like last time.

4 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

McCracken

McGhee            Astley                             Portales            Donnelly

Sylla

Mulligan                  Boateng                  McCowan

Main                     Tiffoney

I think this team would be problem for Rangers weaknesses and their missing players.   

Cameron instead of Mulligan because of their lack of defensive midfielders 

4 hours ago, Luke Newman said:

Cameron instead of Mulligan because of their lack of defensive midfielders 

I agree after looking at their injury list. The new lineups I made would mean that the Rangers midfield would be outnumbered. I’d let Cameron stay further up the pitch to give Rangers something to think about. The strikers aren’t the biggest but quite quick so I think the game would suit Tiffoney, Mellon and Main but unsure the best option. I am confident Sylla will be able to deal with Cantwell if that is who he’s up against. Just need to attack them from the start and put maximum effort in

lineup.png

lineup.png

Sylla absolutely on his arse, should have been off ages ago. Cameron and bakayoko should've been off ages ago too. Stupid goals to give away and even though McCracken has been poor for the first two goals especially, Portales should have won both challenges instead of sitting off both times. 

Posted (edited)

Tonight shows that we really need to get some decent defenders in next season.

Our game management needs worked on too - stop sitting deeper and deeper - we seem to panic when we lose a goal instead of screwing the head and focussing.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

McCracken has been suspect for a good few goals lately. 2 or 3 tonight, Shankland effort at least at the weekend and sure one of the St Mirren goals was suspect too.

He's the least of our problems at the moment tbf but still a noticeable dip in form.

I’d only keep the following: 

McCracken  Carson

McGhee  Astley   Donnelly  

Sylla  Boateng  Mulligan Robertson McCowan Anderson 

Reilly Tiffoney

Need quite a few new players for next season

Posted (edited)

We’d be third and guaranteed group stage European football if we’d held on to all the leads we lost from.

While it’s unrealistic we’d have taken all those dropped points, we only needed a handful to still have a chance of fifth.

Oh well. Top seeds in the League Cup group stage will have to do (and we’ll go out as a worst 2nd placed team after failing to beat Bonnyrigg or something). 

Edited by The Master

3 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I’d only keep the following: 

McCracken  Carson

McGhee  Astley   Donnelly  

Sylla  Boateng  Mulligan Robertson McCowan Anderson 

Reilly Tiffoney

Need quite a few new players for next season

Anderson who was slated by ICT fans last week? Not for me. Agree about Cameron, if anyone is daft enough to offer a couple hundred thousand then I'd sell ASAP. Midfield needs as much work as the defence imo. Would keep mccracken even if he's been poor recently. No poorer than Carson has been this season IMO. 

Can't believe there's been some fans wishing Bakayoko stays for next year.  2 (two) goals since the start of December.