All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I really wish people would stop quoting that nonsense so I don't have to look at it. Their first introduction to the forum is claiming we're in for Yannick Bolasie FFS :lol:

Knowing about McCracken joining was my first introduction 

Reckon we’re in for stevie Mallon or have we not forgiven him for the goal where he looked prime Messi and skipped past 2 of our players before curling bottom corner ?

4 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

With Luke Graham becoming part of the first team could we see Lamie leave? I feel Lamie has been inconsistent and relied on Shaughnessy. Luke Graham seems to be a player with high potential and he could have left a few years ago. At 20 years old he is at an age where he should look to be receiving game time. I hope our centre backs options are Astley, McGhee, Donnelly, Graham and another 2 centre backs, one being tall who can play in a centre of a 3 and another who can play across all centre back positions.

I think  we only need 2 strikers next season. I’d hope for Van Veen and Murray who can push each other on whilst having Reilly and Tiffoney who could play off of them. Docherty mentioned a recruitment meeting with Liverpool and Koumas would be great for us as a forward option. 

It may not be realistic getting rid of Main and Lamie but there’s been talk that Burnley are going to have a massive influence on our playing squad next season and they may recruit the majority of our players.

What about Portales?

Posted (edited)

Big Shagger, Astley, Lamie, Portales, McGhee, and presumably the young lad is a CH. 

We're only ever going to have 3 on the pitch, so I don't really see any need to carry more than 5, or 6 if you include "utility" players who can play CB. Only reason I can see for bringing in another would be if Doc decides the young lad would benefit more from spending a year out on loan, and then I think you could justify another Donnelly-type loan signing where it's really no loss to the club if he's meh and gets sent back at the end of the season.

We should be looking to improve the quality of the team in every area of the pitch, but I don't really see how right now we can justify signing more CB's unless one or two are going out the other way.

Edited by Boo Khaki

40 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

What about Portales?

I would sell him. He’s turning 28 and has ambitions of playing at a higher level. I’m not sure about figures I’d take for him but I reckon he would do well in MLS or a top South American team. I’d say he is one of the best if not the best centre back on the ball and in possession which is good when we are playing teams where we can dictate play but he is awful defensively.

5 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I would sell him. He’s turning 28 and has ambitions of playing at a higher level. I’m not sure about figures I’d take for him but I reckon he would do well in MLS or a top South American team. I’d say he is one of the best if not the best centre back on the ball and in possession which is good when we are playing teams where we can dictate play but he is awful defensively.

Who, Portales? Awful defensively, is this a wind up?

Stevenage are in for malachi boateng, reckon we could out muscle them and get him back or happier to be closer to london?

42 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Stevenage are in for malachi boateng, reckon we could out muscle them and get him back or happier to be closer to london?

Just read Lord Kane of Hemmings has left them...

11 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

No not again , please no , brilliant first time around but second simply meh 

I was merely poking the bear.

4 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

10 goals in that team was an absolute miracle, Mcdaid produced the square root of fcuk all, Jamie Ness could play 2 games in a row, Byrne is Byrne , cranckshaw was injured straight away, Dorrans tbf to him registered 6 assists but went missing sometimes,

so like I say 10 goal Hemmings = tireless miracle worker

24 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Saying no to Hemmings but yes to Murray is madness IMO.

Not that Hemmings is a realistic possibility.

Can't say I know how well Hemmings is playing now, I'd say both spells were impressive but we are too far from home for him so realistically not worth debating. We know how Murray is playing and I'd rather he was our side than the DABs (if he is going anywhere)  

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Saying no to Hemmings but yes to Murray is madness IMO.

Not that Hemmings is a realistic possibility.

Goals talk, Murray will hopefully ne here soon. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

His positional sense on crosses can be a bit suspect,but...I've yet to see him beaten 1 on 1. To describe him as "awful defensively" is, as previously stated, must be a wind up.

Edited by jakedee
Pish poor spelling