All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

What's united's ticket sales for the doon derby got to do with dundee selling out all their tickets for a home or away game? You're reaching there.

The fact is, United have been outperforming the Dees in terms of ticket sales for decades now whether that be regular games, cup finals, season tickets and even when we have been in the championship we have had superior attendances home and away. 

Taking back the shed and having to cover some of the front rows has nothing to do with United, it's a safety measure that many stadiums have to abide by, we would sell these rows out for any big game if possible as been proved in the past. 

In terms of budgets, how do you know we have a bigger budget than Dundee? What's that based on? In terms of the derby game, if anyone should be pumping anyone it should be Dundee considering where you guys finished last season. I think it's safe to say that we are an unknown quantity at the minute and Goodwin should be nowhere near Tannadice but we are stuck with him. We are still a few signings short and we historically do shite in the league cup games but I am sure by the time the derby comes around we will be ready for it and it'll be a tight game, absolutely nothing to fear from Dundee. 

Thank you. 

Wha's got the biggest balls compy - mare fans than you! lol

Both are unknown because the teams are being rebuilt, new signings each way : Dundee don't have players like Beck this year, and Utd wont get to p!ss all over teams like they did in the Champ....... 

Utd have work to do from last year, Christ Byrne @ Raith looked like Di Rossi against Utds midfield........... ! and he was g@sh at Dundee in his final year.

Relax,

18 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

What's united's ticket sales for the doon derby got to do with dundee selling out all their tickets for a home or away game? You're reaching there.

The fact is, United have been outperforming the Dees in terms of ticket sales for decades now whether that be regular games, cup finals, season tickets and even when we have been in the championship we have had superior attendances home and away. 

Taking back the shed and having to cover some of the front rows has nothing to do with United, it's a safety measure that many stadiums have to abide by, we would sell these rows out for any big game if possible as been proved in the past. 

In terms of budgets, how do you know we have a bigger budget than Dundee? What's that based on? In terms of the derby game, if anyone should be pumping anyone it should be Dundee considering where you guys finished last season. I think it's safe to say that we are an unknown quantity at the minute and Goodwin should be nowhere near Tannadice but we are stuck with him. We are still a few signings short and we historically do shite in the league cup games but I am sure by the time the derby comes around we will be ready for it and it'll be a tight game, absolutely nothing to fear from Dundee. 

Thank you. 

What a load of shite, so you can't sit in the front rows because of 'health & safety'? but the main stand is fine with its maze of narrow passage ways and stairwells, a total death trap. IMO.

32 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Thank you. 

Too long, not reading.

Thank you.

There’ll be a few Dundee fans that called for sanctions at the news Ibrox wouldn’t be ready for the start of the season rethinking their comments 😅

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Thank you. 

partridge-i-dont-know.gif.1d79bb4d87fcc5e35de50327738f36e7.gif

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

There’ll be a few Dundee fans that called for sanctions at the news Ibrox wouldn’t be ready for the start of the season rethinking their comments 😅

Not really, this is just the hangover from last season's nonsense - it's not like we can be sanctioned for fixing the problem we were sanctioned for, even Scottish football isn't that daft.  If we'd played at Dens and the pitch had cut up then that would be a lot worse.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Dens will still be ready for the start of the season...

As for Dundee fans calling for sanctions about Ibrox you'll have to point them out. Sounds like havers though...

3 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Genuinely can't remember the last time Dundee had a sell out, home or away. 

Amusing to hear some fans unwilling to pay the extra fiver or whatever for a ticket at Tannadice this year, get the violins oot. It's the cost of a pint ffs. 

Nothing to do with that it’s cause it daylight robbery ffs if your happy to pay that on you go 

I feel Finlay Robertson needs a wee mention here since I've not saw him mentioned elsewhere.

If we didn't know that he was a predominantly right footed CM, you could have easily assumed LB was his natural position. He's just as good with his right foot as he is his left. Put in a great shift in a very tough position, unlucky not to score and an excellent utility player. Can see why Docherty rates him.

Yeah, absolutely it was just Bonnyrigg and I can't see Finlay becoming a starter any time soon, but he's definitely a good player to have in a squad.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I feel Finlay Robertson needs a wee mention here since I've not saw him mentioned elsewhere.

If we didn't know that he was a predominantly right footed CM, you could have easily assumed LB was his natural position. He's just as good with his right foot as he is his left. Put in a great shift in a very tough position, unlucky not to score and an excellent utility player. Can see why Docherty rates him.

Yeah, absolutely it was just Bonnyrigg and I can't see Finlay becoming a starter any time soon, but he's definitely a good player to have in a squad.

I say this every year and I’m no doubt about to be wrong again, but I think he’ll play more of a role in the first team this season. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

this is the danger with Dee fans. no doubt he has some ability, scot u21 cap etc. however he has played 56 games in 5 years!!!  perhaps there was an injury that slowed him up I don't know. But he was clearly out his depth in most games last year, I think he had one decent game.

Where as you look at the input and trajectory of Lyle. IMO Finn is better off away from Dundee - restarting his career, than trying to fit in a new position, he is a midfielder, and an ok one at that, there are plenty players better than Finn in the champ, that just never made it. I make no apologies, em sick : of all the hope for players, who have not met the grade for years, some p!sh on the DFC forum about Cammy Kerr the other day! We have tried to get rid of him 3 times he was average at relegated team, I watched him in one game, still cant trap a ball, pass or cross...... An ex pro once told me that Wighton was the best young player he had ever played with, ability was "frightening", had a few injuries but is at his level champ, as are all the ones that are not getting a game at dee. New team this year. Onwards

7 minutes ago, Dee-lighted said:

this is the danger with Dee fans. no doubt he has some ability, scot u21 cap etc. however he has played 56 games in 5 years!!!  perhaps there was an injury that slowed him up I don't know. But he was clearly out his depth in most games last year, I think he had one decent game.

Where as you look at the input and trajectory of Lyle. IMO Finn is better off away from Dundee - restarting his career, than trying to fit in a new position, he is a midfielder, and an ok one at that, there are plenty players better than Finn in the champ, that just never made it. I make no apologies, em sick : of all the hope for players, who have not met the grade for years, some p!sh on the DFC forum about Cammy Kerr the other day! We have tried to get rid of him 3 times he was average at relegated team, I watched him in one game, still cant trap a ball, pass or cross...... An ex pro once told me that Wighton was the best young player he had ever played with, ability was "frightening", had a few injuries but is at his level champ, as are all the ones that are not getting a game at dee. New team this year. Onwards

I have to disagree.

I don't think every player that's at Dens needs to be a game winning player. We need some steady individuals that can do a job in a range of different positions when others are missing. I don't agree that he was out of his depth in most games either.

I agree with you on Cammy Kerr but I didn't mention him at all in my post and I have to say there's a major difference between a player turning 29 in a few month that lacks a lot of the basics and a 21 year old player that is equally adept with both feet, can cross, can shoot and can play adeptly in multiple positions.

As I say, I'd be worried if Finlay Robertson was going to be a first name on the team sheet, but as a cheap utility player? I can easily see why Docherty isn't trying to get rid and likes him.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have to disagree.

I don't think every player that's at Dens needs to be a game winning player. We need some steady individuals that can do a job in a range of different positions when others are missing. I don't agree that he was out of his depth in most games either.

I agree with you on Cammy Kerr but I didn't mention him at all in my post and I have to say there's a major difference between a player turning 29 in a few month that lacks a lot of the basics and a 21 year old player that is equally adept with both feet, can cross, can shoot and can play adeptly in multiple positions.

As I say, I'd be worried if Finlay Robertson was going to be a first name on the team sheet, but as a cheap utility player? I can easily see why Docherty isn't trying to get rid and likes him.

Agree with this. I think the perception of his stats is skewed by the fact he broke through so young. If you were looking for a player with similar numbers - 21, 56 senior games, age group cap - you would have to get your wallet out.

I am not going to say he is necessarily the future of our first team, but he still could be and he does a good job now.

I agree there are some Dundee born and bred types we've maybe looked after a little too long, but there are also plenty of young players fans have had no patience with that have turned into very good pros at this level.

1 hour ago, Vicdfc said:

Nothing to do with that it’s cause it daylight robbery ffs if your happy to pay that on you go 

It's a country wide issue, you'll pay 20 quid plus to get to some games in the English national league and 30 quid plus for league two games.

Stadiums are notoriously expensive to run (Dundee can testify to that) and it's getting harder every year with cost of materials going up all the time. Plus there is little income coming into Scottish Football so I can understand the reasons clubs have to increase ticket prices in order to sustain their club.

Considering what you get out of seeing your own team then I don't mind paying an extra fiver or so to see a game as its f**k all in the grand scheme of things. 

10 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

It's a country wide issue, you'll pay 20 quid plus to get to some games in the English national league and 30 quid plus for league two games.

Stadiums are notoriously expensive to run (Dundee can testify to that) and it's getting harder every year with cost of materials going up all the time. Plus there is little income coming into Scottish Football so I can understand the reasons clubs have to increase ticket prices in order to sustain their club.

Considering what you get out of seeing your own team then I don't mind paying an extra fiver or so to see a game as its f**k all in the grand scheme of things. 

You’ll get less fans going with excuses like that