All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Would you have preferred a more Spescific Kusunga?

Lol. I do remember he had one of his best games when we gubbed Hearts at Tynecastle. 

Edited by Fifespud

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Am I being a moron in thinking Levitt isn't a bad player? If it's his injury issues then i totally get the negativity. If it's based on what he can give when fully fit then I'm not sure why he's being made out to be the next Martin Woods.

It's clear McCowan is here for a maximum of 10 months now. If a bid is close to a million he has to go. If Hibs can hit around 850K along with Levitt it certainly wouldn't be something I'd be calling a terrible deal. 600K is too short.

Is he worth more to us than the fee? Not in my opinion, as it then opens the door for the likes of Mulligan and a new signing to do the business. The defence will decide our position this year IMO and McCowans doesn't contribute much to that area. If we solidify the starting line up we're going to score goals with or without McCowan.

Thank you.

For me it has to be £1 million cash, that’s what relegation would cost us and that prospect would be much more likely without McCowan. He’s a bloody fantastic player with a great attitude, rarely injured. If the Doc wants to sign Levitt, that’s fair enough but I’m not keen on taking a Hibs reject off their books as part of the McCowan transfer. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Lol. I do remember he had one of his best games when we gubbed Hearts at Tynecastle. 

His goal was equally very good on his end and very, very funny, one-twoing his way up the whole pitch. Then Andy Nelson (who I always had a soft spot for) scored my favourite goal of the season, thought after that and his 2 goals vs Killie that we'd actually found a star.

Considering this is much better than that Dundee team, I hope for scenes akin to those tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Koumetio saying we've been trying to get him for weeks upon weeks. He was on holiday when we started negotiations. He had multiple discussions with his agent, Docherty & Liverpool.

This all indicates to me that it wasn't Donnelly OR Koumetio IMO.

Club monitoring multiple targets at the same time.

Cran insisting Donnelly is off, and it makes sense why. Already have 2 LCBs now to push the boat out too far.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Hibs really starting to put strain on the hi-dee's relationship here. 600k plus Levitt is pitiful. Give us over a mill or f**k off.

£700k and you can have Jair, Doyle-Hayes and Levitt. 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

£700k and you can have Jair, Doyle-Hayes and Levitt. 

600k and we don't need to take any of them.

3 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Exactly. Worth more finishing higher in league. 

Yeah, it's a nonsense, give him away to them, and then he's pinging free kicks and winning them points, to the overall detriment of us.

45 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would just keep McCowan, not worth the bother, 600k plus a dud?

No thank you.

Yeah agree totally, apparently a reality check required for our Hi-Dee friends.

Hibernian FC do not have the financial resources to secure or attract young Master 'Cowser, even in his final year contracted at Dens Park, that is the reality I'm afraid.

Aaron Donnelly however, a very promising young footballing talent and money to be made going forward, get it sorted please John Nelms. 

This is not an overly complicated business you very fortuitously find yourself in. Seek advice from Gordon Strachan or Tony Docherty if not sure or a tad confused.

Thank you.

tonydandluke.jpg.e1771fad12913026a8cdff53190a6186.jpg

Hopefully sees out the contract, and gets a life changing move to England at the end of it. Think that's what everyone would like.

Thank you.

eta Welcome aboard Billy.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Just now, Dee Bliss said:

It’s been a joy to watch how much he’s improved in the last 2 years. Here’s to a 3rd year. 

Agree, what a work rate he has and all round general attitude to the game. Not to mention the responsibility he's also recently embraced with ease.

Mrs TCM would like to see him sign at her Stoke City. I'd not complain, we'd get his true market value, plus I'd continue to see him play, just not in my beloved Dark Blue.

A good guy 'Cowser, may the young man prosper.

Two loans out today to League One, with Jamie Richardson joining Jim McIntyre's Arbroath and Finlay Allan joining Gary Naysmith's Stenhousemuir (fair play to @peebles_Dee on getting that one spot on), both until January 2025.

Richardson has been on an upward trajectory and while a jump to a team that """should""" be fighting for the 3rd tier title is a big jump from the Highland League, he should hopefully have the confidence and the skill to perform well in Angus.

Allan missing our pre-season with a broken wrist was disappointing but hopefully he kicks on at Ochilview, still one of our most exciting prospects and earning a jump up to the 3rd tier after giving Ray McKinnon's dead fish of a Forfar team some life last season.