All things Dundee FC

I'll bet if it was you, you would be the same, at your brothers injured side, tending his injured foot.

Would I f**k. I'd be the one putting in a Diego Costa style stamp on the c***s ankle. Even if he was on my own team.

The return of my shitey, useless stats for you all.

The last time Dundee won 14+ points in a calendar month in the Scottish Premiership was in November 1987! The 5th win (of 6 games that month) was a 3-1 win at Tannadice, with Cobra netting twice and the Mongoose getting the other. And with the wonders of YouTube, I believe these are the full 21 minute long highlights of said match. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sbFi3ftdzE

ETA: If I'm correct, the date of that video is wrong it the correct date is 28/11/87.

Edited by Deestruction

The last time Dundee won 14+ points in a calendar month in the Scottish Premiership was in November 1987! The 5th win (of 6 games that month) was a 3-1 win at Tannadice, with Cobra netting twice and the Mongoose getting the other. And with the wonders of YouTube, I believe these are the full 21 minute long highlights of said match. Enjoy.

ETA: If I'm correct, the date of that video is wrong it the correct date is 28/11/87.

It was definitely the end of November. There are two things I've always loved about the second goal (apart from Super Tommy's emphatic finish in spite of Malpas trying to handle on the line). The first is the way Wright made a chump out of Narey. The second is the generous way that Ian Angus included the Shed in his celebrations. Thoughtful.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

The Redford brothers (Ian and Gavin) in the 70's. Gavin was a full back, didn't play that many 1st team

games but a good chance he played in the same team as Ian at some point. Can't think of any others in my time.

They were actually cousins, not brothers.

Good work. I remember that game so well. Epic night, epic times.

This remains my favourite derby game. I never noticed Angus's celebrations until the youTube clip went on a few years ago. That enclosure was fucking bedlam at all three goals, but moreso for the second. IIRC around that time we stuffed Morton and Falkirk 7-1 and 6-0 in consecutive away games, and there were home wins against Hibs and Falkirk (again) in that run.

I also remember we sang "One Crawford Baptie" a lot in that derby. He'd scored a hat-trick as Falkirk pumped the DABs 4-1 that midweek.

My favourite ever derby was easily Gradys rocket. Shit went wild. A second place finish for the black boy for them over headie rattling the bar, then Juan slotting Juan, two an three. Iy.

Grady's would have been top, but i couldn't go thanks to a fucking car crash two days before it. Losing your shit in the living room with a cast on just isn't the same. Honourable mention also to the 2-0 win at the end of the 98-99 season in glorious sunshine. I've always enjoyed wins at Tannadice more.

I know we didn't win the game but when darius scored in the last minute at dens the scenes in the derry were brilliant, gradys goal was outstanding

My favourite Derby ever. I had literal tears of joy when Darius scored. Scenes everywhere! The atmosphere was electric that day.

How good was Wright

My favourite Derby ever. I had literal tears of joy when Darius scored. Scenes everywhere! The atmosphere was electric that day.

This was my first Derby as a 5 year old, sitting in the Derry! Celebrations when that goal went in were absolutely mental.