All things Dundee FC

I'd like to thank Dundee for signing one of our worst strikers in living memory.

Has the deal definitely gone through? Can't put into words how disappointed I am with this signing. Going by the reactions on everyone on here and other forums I know I'm not the only one.

Heffernan was a very good player for us at this level less than two years ago. Maybe age has caught up with him and he's completely finished now, but it's also possible that he was just yet another victim of the Hibs disease and that he still has it in him to be a capable player for Dundee in the short-term.

WTF, Heffernan? Surely not, thought Clarkson can't get a game at the moment?

Clarkson started on Saturday and looked awful. Poor first touch, lack of pace and mobility and didn't even try to put in a decent shift. He then tried his hardest to get a second yellow card walking off the pitch at half time. Was replaced by Tankulic and we looked a much better side. Just can't see what Heffernan brings.

Clarkson started on Saturday and looked awful. Poor first touch, lack of pace and mobility and didn't even try to put in a decent shift. He then tried his hardest to get a second yellow card walking off the pitch at half time. Was replaced by Tankulic and we looked a much better side. Just can't see what Heffernan brings.

Sounds very similar to Heffernan, minus the odd goal streak.

Same, what about Wighton is he still on loan?

Isn't this how we all felt about Clarkson when he was rumoured to be signing? He did get 8 in 8 but then faded quickly into a hopeless, irritating sack of shit. Hardly inspiring and not what we need to take the club forward. I hope this deal falls through to be honest.

Heffernan has a lack of pace, certainly, but he definitely didn't have a poor first touch or a lack of mobility when he played with us. He was one of our best forwards in recent times terms of his ability to hold the ball up and spread the play, and I can't see why that ability would have gone as he got older. If he's cheap then I reckon it might be a shrewd bit of business.

Heffernan was a very good player for us at this level less than two years ago. Maybe age has caught up with him and he's completely finished now, but it's also possible that he was just yet another victim of the Hibs disease and that he still has it in him to be a capable player for Dundee in the short-term.

Or in general he's just shite?

Surely this might affect Clarkson's chances of a Scotland call up?

Just as McLeans prospects increase by moving to a real football club with real aspirations as opposed to plastic perennial relegation battlers?

On a serious note those calls were a shocker even when he was on form and I'm delighted that ou can find some amusement on the day that may have confirmed your relegatin :)

Just as McLeans prospects increase by moving to a real football club with real aspirations as opposed to plastic perennial relegation battlers?

On a serious note those calls were a shocker even when he was on form and I'm delighted that ou can find some amusement on the day that may have confirmed your relegatin :)

Someone's a bit touchy today, you'd think it was you just lost your best player in the middle of a relegation battle! Maybe if we were a real club with real ambitions we might have at least managed a major trophy or two over the last 30 years instead of an administration or two. ;)

Seriously though, obviously not good news though, makes a very hard task almost impossible imo. Seemed to save some of his best for Dens as well. The goal from nearly the halfway line against Rab being one of my favourite Kenny moments.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Stewarts better outside, he is not a out and out striker.

Fair enough, just from watching a few games and the highlights it seems like Dundee are 2 half decent wide men away from being a pretty good side, seem to have an abundance of players that play through the middle but only Harris and Roberts as proper wingers. Was surprised to see yous let Boyle go out on loan.