All things Dundee FC

Sounds very similar to Heffernan, minus the odd goal streak.

Same, what about Wighton is he still on loan?

Wighton is back from his loan spell, but wouldn't be surprised to see him sent back to Brechin now. Came on at the weekend and showed some good touches again. Would much rather he got more game time as opposed to signing 33 year old who can't cut it in the league below.

Wighton is back from his loan spell, but wouldn't be surprised to see him sent back to Brechin now. Came on at the weekend and showed some good touches again. Would much rather he got more game time as opposed to signing 33 year old who can't cut it in the league below.

That's what I was thinking, I'd be the same. Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Or maybe just a realisation that Clarkson is terrible and his streak was masking this and he'll be a bit part player from here on in.

That's what I was thinking, I'd be the same. Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Or maybe just a realisation that Clarkson is terrible and his streak was masking this and he'll be a bit part player from here on in.

Possibly, he was so poor on Saturday that I don't think we'll see him start another game for a while. I suppose you could argue that neither Tankulic or Wighton are natural goal scorers and that's why Heffernan is being brought in (although in fairness to Wighton, I think he could be given a run of games).

That's me trying to put any kind of positive spin on it!

Not read anything since I've came back online, and having thought about the Heffernan deal more, it's not as bad as I originally thought. Likely only to be until the end of the season, no guarantee we'll be paying all his wages and if Hartley thinks he can give us the firepower and link-up play to seal a top 6 place (Which is worth considerably more than 7th up front) then it'll have been money well spent. Will give us a cash boost to sign better up and coming players next season and will have put Heff in the shop window again rather than being seen as a mere dud at Championship level.

He had the ability as little as 2 seasons ago, it's just a question of whether or not he still has 'it' after a disappointing spell at Hibs.

Possible sweetener to tempt Meggatt away now?

Saw you mention this in the Alloa thread; I absolutely hope so. Pretty sure he could be what's needed to consolidate our - at times - worrying defence!

Edited by DonnieDarko

Was Harkins and heffernan both at kille at same time if so Harkins might have been the reason the Heff scored so much

They played together for Killie, but his goalscoring prowess had very little to do with Harkins. If I was going to give anyone credit then it would be Dean Shiels, but it was more or less down to his own ability.