All things Dundee FC

Boy at work claiming you're about to sign Sam Stanton on loan from Hibs. Would be a bit of a weird one, he's always looked pretty average any time I've seen him and he's not been getting near their team.

In Hartley we trust.

Tony Wonder, on 18 Jun 2015 - 08:11, said:

Boy at work claiming you're about to sign Sam Stanton on loan from Hibs. Would be a bit of a weird one, he's always looked pretty average any time I've seen him and he's not been getting near their team.

Had heard it was a permanent deal we were looking at but if we're forcing Hibs into paying for Boyle, I doubt they'll let him out of his 4 year deal.

Some mistake by Gallagher and he is paying for it now. Such a waste of a promising career. I reckon Dundee would have conceded less with Gallagher alongside McPake than Konrad.

A very important player in the Championship winning season and I really hope that he is able to turn things around.

Had heard it was a permanent deal we were looking at but if we're forcing Hibs into paying for Boyle, I doubt they'll let him out of his 4 year deal.

I doubt we'd want to take him on a 3 year deal (what Stanton has left on his current deal) given how he has played recently. Maybe a loan with an option? I really don't think he is what we are looking for (a Harris mark II?). If he was good enough he would have been playing regularly. To ask him to now go up to premiership level with team expectations of at least top 6 just doesn't make sense to me - should be going down a level to get his confidence back. Prefer the Ainsworth option even if it is just forum talk.

I doubt we'd want to take him on a 3 year deal (what Stanton has left on his current deal) given how he has played recently. Maybe a loan with an option? I really don't think he is what we are looking for (a Harris mark II?). If he was good enough he would have been playing regularly. To ask him to now go up to premiership level with team expectations of at least top 6 just doesn't make sense to me - should be going down a level to get his confidence back. Prefer the Ainsworth option even if it is just forum talk.

Ainsworth moves about a hell of a lot so this could be true...be a good signing if he can be consistent.

See in last nights tele there was a story about Harris being a no go for us.

The story claimed that we wanted to sign him and Hartley was impressed with his injection of pace and endeavour in the final third.

If there is any truth in that I would seriously question Hartley because barring his first couple of games when he was decent he was fucking garbage and offered us absolutely nothing. In quite a few games it don't think he managed to find a team mate with a pass.

Want his nowhere beat our club.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I think we need a new rule where fans can reject any transfer with a majority vote. Maybe sometimes a manager is too close to the action to see certain players are rank (Harris) and this would solve that problem. How many terrible signings could we have stopped over the last 10 years?

99% of them lol.

I wouldn't be too against it but it seems silly signing him on loan. Loan players are meant to make an instant impact and it seems a bit daft to develop and give the necessary patience to a player we don't own. For example, if Harris was our player last season, there wouldn't be near as much pressure on him and people would probably be thinking that a loan spell somewhere down the leagues could develop him.

The story claimed that we wanted to sign him and Hartley was impressed with his injection of pace and endeavour in the final third.

If there is any truth in that I would seriously question Hartley because barring his first couple of games when he was decent he was fucking garbage and offered us absolutely nothing. In quite a few games it don't think he managed to find a team mate with a pass.

Like I touched on above, Harris is only 20 right now. He's obviously a decent enough footballer and he's provided evidence for that when playing for Hibs over the past few seasons. The problem seems to be that he struggles a bit in match scenarios and ever since suffering a horrific injury, he doesn't have any sort of drive about him which is one of the most important things a winger must have.

I hope we don't sign him (as I think we've taken enough maybe gambles for one summer) but there is some sort of method in Hartley's madness. He does have the skills at his disposal to make a good career out of himself.

I would like a wide option who is a bit more established at this level though.

It'll be an annual rumour. Like Fab Cab coming back to Dens. Like Goodwillie back to United. Whether there's truth in it or not it'll be mentioned.

Think him modelling the new strip is absolute confirmation for this season.

We don't know the ins and outs as well mind. Every chance Harris had a niggling injury holding hom back that Hartley was aware of but never mentioned to us.

It'll be an annual rumour. Like Fab Cab coming back to Dens. Like Goodwillie back to United. Whether there's truth in it or not it'll be mentioned.

Think him modelling the new strip is absolute confirmation for this season.

Think you're probably spot on with that, Ludo.

The likes of Harris/ Stanton/ Handling are all being bulliedi into walking away from their contracts without a pay off by Hibs.

The problem last season is that they had players like Scott Allan/ Fraser Fyvie/ Dylan McGeough ahead of them last season so couldn't get in the team. Harris was obviously allowed to go on loan last season however Stanton was seen to be too useful off the bench as he can play across the midfield and in behind the striker.

I'm led to believe Hartley is keen on signing both Harris and Stanton on permanent contracts however can't meet the wages they are currently on at Hibs.

Edited by Diamond Oracle