All things Dundee FC

Zander Clark is unlikely to make many appearances for you, if any this season unless Mannus gets an injury, which I suppose isn't out of the realm of imagination. Having seen him regularly whilst we were in the Championship, he's not gonna take hold of the number one jersey as long as St Johnstone are a side with ambitions to finish in the top 6.

Caddis I know very little about, so I'll take your word on it that he won't amount to much.

Chris Kane is a real prospect admittedly like Wighton is for us.

Having seen our own prospects quite regularly, have to disagree with you on the importing from England factor as Ben Priest, Sam Dryden, Dylan Carreiro and Andrew Black (Admittedly from Hibs and not down South) all look like they could make their mark for Dundee in the future and promising things have been said of those I haven't seen such as Jesse Curran.

I'd say our youth system is flourishing at the moment, but the only way we'll truly know I suppose is by how many appearances they make for the club in the next 3-4 seasons.

Clark has had a further years worth of experience with Queens since then and they seem to rate him very highly. I've only seen him in TV matches and he looked solid enough in those matches. Biggest concern for us is losing him as he's got quite a daunting task in displacing Mannus, who has a two year deal with an additional year option.

I've not seen any of the Dundee youngsters, but I'm not sure Hartley thinks they're ready yet. He's made quite a lot of signings in positions that those guys play in. Not to say they won't break through, but it obviously makes it tougher for them.

Caddis has some incriminating photos of Wright somewhere. He's a championship player at best.

Edited by Kyle

I've not seen any of the Dundee youngsters, but I'm not sure Hartley thinks they're ready yet. He's made quite a lot of signings in positions that those guys play in. Not to say they won't break through, but it obviously makes it tougher for them.

Andy Black and Cammy Kerr are most likely to break in this year, Hartley has signed no player in either of their positions.

Andy Black
Black is a right sided winger, an area we don't have someone who can play their regularly that is pacey - he will break through this season.

Cammy Kerr
Irvine and McGinn are the only other right backs at the club at first team level, admittedly Irvine has just had his best season since the deefiant season but isn't great however much of a hard worker he is and I don't rate Paul McGinn highly either, Kerr is likely to play a few games I reckon

Craig Wighton
I full expect him to spend the whole season in the Championship on loan, we have too many strikers e.g. Loy, Hemmings, Stewart, Roberts are all strikers by trade McGowan is also capable of deputising up front although hasn't done so far with us.

Calvin Colquhoun
Done well when asked to last season, expect him to be in the first team regularly as again we haven't signed many in midfield and Ferry is tripe, McAlister and S.McGinn if they stay may well be chose over him though, Thomson is injury prone. Harkins is a fatty by footballer standard and although can be magical isn't capable of doing it on a regular basis anymore, McGowan is a solid and we signed Low.

Matty Alan and Ben Priest
Need to go on loan but Alan was close to making appearances last season on a number of occasions but we've significantly strengthened centre back. McPake, Konrad, Godzilla, Julen Extabaguren (or whatever) and Meggatt are expected to be used there P. McGinn can also fill in. Worth keeping an eye on.

Sam Dryden
Is a left back, likely to be 3rd or 4th behind Holt, Meggatt and Irvine who can deputise at left back as he done most of last season.

Kyle Gourlay
Heard nothing but good things about this boy played against Crystal Palace in the testimonial was very close to playing last season and should have played over Schenk but was injured for the...

Carriero
Likely to play a good few games as well, done very well for Arbroath on loan last season and played in a few games for us as well, also a striker but Hartley seems to like him as an attacking midfielder.

Others to watch out for would be Cammy and John Black, Josh Skelly, Jesse Curran
and Calum McHardy

Edited by dburns

Andy Black and Cammy Kerr are most likely to break in this year, Hartley has signed no player in either of their positions.

Andy Black

Black is a right sided winger, an area we don't have someone who can play their regularly that is pacey - he will break through this season.

Cammy Kerr

Irvine and McGinn are the only other right backs at the club at first team level, admittedly Irvine has just had his best season since the deefiant season but isn't great however much of a hard worker he is and I don't rate Paul McGinn highly either, Kerr is likely to play a few games I reckon

Craig Wighton

I full expect him to spend the whole season in the Championship on loan, we have too many strikers e.g. Loy, Hemmings, Stewart, Roberts are all strikers by trade McGowan is also capable of deputising up front although hasn't done so far with us.

Calvin Colquhoun

Done well when asked to last season, expect him to be in the first team regularly as again we haven't signed many in midfield and Ferry is tripe, McAlister and S.McGinn if they stay may well be chose over him though, Thomson is injury prone. Harkins is a fatty by footballer standard and although can be magical isn't capable of doing it on a regular basis anymore, McGowan is a solid and we signed Low.

Need to go on loan but Alan was close to making appearances last season on a number of occasions but we've significantly strengthened centre back. McPake, Konrad, Godzilla, Julen Extabaguren (or whatever) and Meggatt are expected to be used there P. McGinn can also fill in. Worth keeping an eye on.

Sam Dryden

Is a left back, likely to be 3rd or 4th behind Holt, Meggatt and Irvine who can deputise at left back as he done most of last season.

Kyle Gourlay

Heard nothing but good things about this boy played against Crystal Palace in the testimonial was very close to playing last season and should have played over Schenk but was injured for the...

Carriero

Likely to play a good few games as well, done very well for Arbroath on loan last season and played in a few games for us as well, also a striker but Hartley seems to like him as an attacking midfielder.

Others to watch out for would be Cammy and John Black, Josh Skelly, Jesse Curran and Calum McHardy

Andy Black is a Right back, plays right midfield some times. Not a winger thats a dead cert!

young development talent that you need to buy in as you can't develop your own. Makes sense. John Sutton is a good addition to our squad. May have had a few clubs but he has done what paid to do at every one of them , score goals. It was a no brainer for us to sign him with Brian Graham opting to leave for Ross county. Usual Dundee mentality, everyone they sign or linked too is decent / good etc but every player saints sign is crap or worse. Once again come end of the season the unfashionable saints squad will again have out performed Dundee.

post-25521-0-83473800-1434903258_thumb.g

Andy Black is a Right back, plays right midfield some times. Not a winger thats a dead cert!

That's John or Cammy Black, everyone's been getting mixed up.

Andy has played in two first team games. John and Cammy have played none.

First time was against Ross County he came on for Harris. McGinn played the whole game at right back and Dyer played left back so they didn't swap.

Second time he came on it was for Tankulic against Celtic. Tankulic was playing right wing. Irvine played the whole game at right back. Dyer played the whole game at left back.

Trust me he's a a right sided winger as his best position. If i can remember which is which John Black is a Right Back and Cammy Black is a Centre Back.

Far too many kids with the surname Black coming through just now, it gets very confusing.

Edited by dburns

Andy Black

Cammy Kerr

Craig Wighton

Calvin Colquhoun

Sam Dryden

Kyle Gourlay

Carriero

Others to watch out for would be Cammy and John Black, Josh Skelly, Jesse Curran and Calum McHardy

Carreiro didn't do 'very well' for us last season. In his first spell the team was on fire and with Murray, McManus and Linn on fire it would've been impossible for an attacking midfielder not to look good. Non-existent in his second spell with a poor attitude.

I thought McHardy had been released?

ETA: And Gourlay only just turned 16 when Schenk got his debut.

Dale Davidson, Calum Brodie and Lee Cameron were the ones released, not heard anything about McHardy.

Still a better keeper than Schenk.

dburns, on 21 Jun 2015 - 17:51, said:

Dale Davidson, Calum Brodie and Lee Cameron were the ones released, not heard anything about McHardy.

Still a better keeper than Schenk.

Ah right, cheers!

Regarding Carreiro, in his few brief appearances for us he looked like he could have something to offer. 6 months he was great for Arbroath like the rest of the team and 6 months he was poor, like the rest of their team was. Hard to make a sound judgement off the back of that.

Remember Arbroath fans on here were saying he was one of their best players and best talents they'd seen in years during his initial spell.

Ah right, cheers!

Regarding Carreiro, in his few brief appearances for us he looked like he could have something to offer. 6 months he was great for Arbroath like the rest of the team and 6 months he was poor, like the rest of their team was. Hard to make a sound judgement off the back of that.

Remember Arbroath fans on here were saying he was one of their best players and best talents they'd seen in years during his initial spell.

Precisely. he also had a call up to the Canadian first team at the start of the season and was named their best under 20 player 2 seasons ago, definitely has something to offer, not that many Canadians get far in football...

Ah right, cheers!

I think he was overrated initially because some of the goals he scored were tremendous. He needs to bulk up a fair bit, that's for sure though.

Always forget about Krzysztof Posniak, to be fair though you never hear much of Canadian players is what I was on about, short of Stalteri, Kevin McKenna, Posniak and Carriero.

I can't think of many and I only know of two them cause they played/play for us. Stalteri is there most capped player and played for Spurs and McKenna played for Hearts.

Always forget about Krzysztof Posniak, to be fair though you never hear much of Canadian players is what I was on about, short of Stalteri, Kevin McKenna, Posniak and Carriero.

I can't think of many and I only know of two them cause they played/play for us. Stalteri is there most capped player and played for Spurs and McKenna played for Hearts.

Always liked Posniak. Not entirely sure why, but I did. Similar to the strange soft spot I had for Jani Sturm.

Did St j not have a Canadian cm about 98/99. Stupid hair. Dasovic springs to mind from somewhere.

Not classing St j as getting far in football though

ETA was that f**k do vos not Canadian?

Edited by an_dee

Did St j not have a Canadian cm about 98/99. Stupid hair. Dasovic springs to mind from somewhere.

Not classing St j as getting far in football though

ETA was that f**k do vos not Canadian?

You're correct on all counts ;)

I remember the Accies, from Hamilton, having a Canadian international on their books, late 80s/ early 90s? It's doing my nut right in, since I cannot recall his name.