All things Dundee FC

Each to their own but I'm struggling to get behind that one.

Thomson is our best player but only fit 50-66% of the time. Harkins is better on his day which is about 50-75% of the time. Then it's McGowan who is an industrious, nuisance, nasty horrible wee c**t with a good touch and eye for a pass 100% of the time.

For that reason alone he's our best option in the middle. You'll not convince me 2 squad players from Aberdeen and caley and a boy who had a holocaust of a season in ferry are better than him based on a decent pre season.

I hope he's been busy in pre season in dev games or something. If not he needs blooded in gradually but ASAP.

Love the guy.

This.

Each to their own but I'm struggling to get behind that one.

Thomson is our best player but only fit 50-66% of the time. Harkins is better on his day which is about 50-75% of the time. Then it's McGowan who is an industrious, nuisance, nasty horrible wee c**t with a good touch and eye for a pass 100% of the time.

For that reason alone he's our best option in the middle. You'll not convince me 2 squad players from Aberdeen and caley and a boy who had a holocaust of a season in ferry are better than him based on a decent pre season.

I hope he's been busy in pre season in dev games or something. If not he needs blooded in gradually but ASAP.

Love the guy.

I pretty much agree with you but he'll need to fight his way back into the team. Ferry has looked good pre-season (like the player we expected when he arrived) and is a starter for me. Just an inevitable consequence for McGowan with that tag.

I'm not seeing what Nick Ross has done to be considered so good - he seems to have a tendency to go anonymous in the friendlies I've seen so far despite being tidy on the ball. He's not been bad, but I've seen a few saying he's looked like one of our best players out of the new bunch over pre-season. What have I been missing?

It will take a few league games before we can tell what our strongest team will be this year. Only need to look at Luka and Carlo Monti when judging players in pre season, also who had Stewart in their starting 11 this time last year?

It will take a few league games before we can tell what our strongest team will be this year. Only need to look at Luka and Carlo Monti when judging players in pre season, also who had Stewart in their starting 11 this time last year?

Me. Once Hemmings and Greg have played a few games together again watch them go.

There were a few prominent posters on here slating Stewart last pre-season.

Or maybe it was just the G_Man. Or Dundee Mad craziness. Seems a long time ago now.

Obviously someone who doesn't get around much.

It was dumb. I'd get my arse felt if I did something like that, and I doubt if it will go unnoticed. We should stay clear of that sort of thing.

Glad you're on here. Match reports are excellent.

But our social media output could be much better, IMO. Particularly when the majority of fans we want to attract (young kids, teenagers) are all over this kind of thing. The club twitter and official website should be advertising the new kit in its header not pics of some guys at the pitch invasion after the Dumbarton game, as an example. Very regular updates/features should be easy, they happen, but not enough. Compared to other clubs our twitter/facebook is poor.

United have a social media manager. Not sure the club realise how important this part of the business is. It's vital these days. I know we had the brilliant SuperTommy for a while but he seems to have disappeared judging by recent live updates on the site.

I'm not alone in thinking this. Hope you can pass it on to those in charge of such things. There are plenty willing to take over.

There were a few prominent posters on here slating Stewart last pre-season.

Or maybe it was just the G_Man. Or Dundee Mad craziness. Seems a long time ago now.

I don't recall slating Stewart, I did however think he was a squad player at best and he had very little impact from the bench initially. Think most honest Dundee fans will admit the same?

My general thought was we had signed him before the budget was really known and he had been superseded (before even playing) by our other business....

Where does McGowan fit in if every one is available? (Granted that always won't be the case) my midfield 3 would be Thomson harkins and either low/ross any day of the week.

Edited by baldragon

Where does McGowan fit in if every one is available? (Granted that always won't be the case) my midfield 3 would be Thomson harkins and either low/ross any day of the week.

On what basis are you putting low and Ross in before a lot of fans poty?

What have they shown you that I'm Missing?

Where does McGowan fit in if every one is available? (Granted that always won't be the case) my midfield 3 would be Thomson harkins and low any day of the week.

That midfield would be the most immobile one in the history of sport