All things Dundee FC

Whether Moussa turns out to be a flop or not remains to be seen. His first touch was a brutal miss. And then he scored a very difficult chance.

It's nice to see he's doubled his career tally tonight though.

Kamara comfortably the best player on the park - could be a very good addition. Finding him a partner in that two should be a priority for McCann. Didn't think O'Hara worked in there, at the moment I'd probably put McGowan in although I don't really rate him.

Moussa was quicker than I imagined he'd be and some of his hold up play was decent, seemed pretty encouraging. Also thought El Bak seemed more comfortable playing off his flick ons than leading the line alone.

Deacon came onto a game in the second half before tiring, he's not afraid to shoot which I really like.

Thought both full backs were poor.

Imagine the players from the bench might start on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Kamara is class. Head and shoulders above the rest tonight

Agreed, thought Kamara was easily the best of the new signings.

Hendry attacked the ball brilliantly for the winner but he needs to stop thinking he's Koeman when he's on the ball. Some really poor passing from him to be brutally honest. 

Wolters was posted missing but what a strike off the bar. 

I thought we were pretty comfortable without threatening tbh. El Bahktoui isn't the loan striker whether Moussa is, time will tell. Good turn and finish tho. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Agreed, thought Kamara was easily the best of the new signings.

Hendry attacked the ball brilliantly for the winner but he needs to stop thinking he's Koeman when he's on the ball. Some really poor passing from him to be brutally honest. 

Wolters was posted missing but what a strike off the bar. 

Only caught the first half on Raith TV but agree re Kamara and totally agree with Hendry.....his passing was utter shite unless he was going side ways or backwards anytime he tried to play it forward he gave it straight to a Raith player. Thought we looked pretty poor to be honest but a wins a win.

Kamara comfortably the best player on the park - could be a very good addition. Finding him a partner in that two should be a priority for McCann. Didn't think O'Hara worked in there, at the moment I'd probably put McGowan in although I don't really rate him.

Moussa was quicker than I imagined he'd be and some of his hold up play was decent, seemed pretty encouraging. Also thought El Bak seemed more comfortable playing off his flick ons than leading the line alone.

Deacon came onto a game in the second half before tiring, he's not afraid to shoot which I really like.

Thought both full backs were poor.

Imagine the players from the bench might start on Saturday.

Thought Cammy Kerr had one of his worst games in a while tonight.

Cammy cost the goal by trying to nip in before the ball reached the  winger, something that he nearly got caught out with early in the 2nd half as well. Thankfully we know Cammy will come good. 

Gadz before Hendry on tonight's showing. 

Listened to it, never heard so much anti-Dundee bile in all my life, especially that Willie Millar p***k. Thank you.

Willie Miller is a fossil. Why his opinion is respected in any way, I have no idea. All he wants is to report on Aberdeen. Derek Ferguson and Alan Preston are also arseholes who contribute nothing. Chic Young is ok. Spencey is good.

Willie Miller is a fossil. Why his opinion is respected in any way, I have no idea. All he wants is to report on Aberdeen. Derek Ferguson and Alan Preston are also arseholes who contribute nothing. Chic Young is ok. Spencey is good.

Funny how we all see it differently. I like Willie Miller, I find him hard but fair. I've heard him be very hard on Aberdeen when deserved and complimentary about Dundee when applicable and vice versa. Derek Ferguson's enthusiasm for the game is really refreshing and he is a Dundee legend. Preston is a complete fud and Chick is just a poor unreconstructed pantomime dame. I don't particularly like Spencey, DAB cunto.

Looking at the team going in to the season.

Goalkeeper - Bain, no change although we have hopes his attitude will be better under NM +1. Mitchell has gone but no loss IMHO

RB - Cammy, no change, although we hope for some continued improvement as he develops, +0.5

LB - Holt, no change, again we hope for some improvement, we have also seen the emergence of Williams as a possible back up, +0.5

CH - first choice still O'Dea and Gadz IMO, Hendry in but Higgins out - so overall neutral - 1 to come in IMO

Midfield - Scott Allan in - looks like he could be really good once he gets match fit +3 (massive improvement over Hateley), Kamara - could be the find of the season +2, Deacon - looks easily the best winger we've signed in years +2, Wolters - I'm unconvinced he's much of an improvement, young Spence - compared to Low who has gone I'm giving plus 1.

Strikers - basically Moussa in and Loy out - Loy for whatever reason Loy hardly played so again in giving +1

Last season I scored the team at 53 out of 110 so by that reckoning this season I'm hopeful of 64 out of 110.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Looking at the team going in to the season.

Goalkeeper - Bain, no change although we have hopes his attitude will be better under NM +1. Mitchell has gone but no loss IMHO
RB - Cammy, no change, although we hope for some continued improvement as he develops, +0.5
LB - Holt, no change, again we hope for some improvement, we have also seen the emergence of Williams as a possible back up, +0.5
CH - first choice still O'Dea and Gadz IMO, Hendry in but Higgins out - so overall neutral - 1 to come in IMO
Midfield - Scott Allan in - looks like he could be really good once he gets match fit +3 (massive improvement over Hateley), Kamara - could be the find of the season +2, Deacon - looks easily the best winger we've signed in years +2, Wolters - I'm unconvinced he's much of an improvement, young Spence - compared to Low who has gone I'm giving plus 1.
Strikers - basically Moussa in and Loy out - Loy for whatever reason Loy hardly played so again in giving +1

Last season I scored the team at 53 out of 10 so by that reckoning this season I'm hopeful of 64 out of 110.

53 out of 10 and you finished over 20 points behind my wee tinpot club(Who also have 1MILLION more in turnover, because we're no shite).

As an aside, I'd rate Saints a solid 85 out of 100 

Bit like rating the fans good looks too tbf. Solid 8.5s are the Saints.

53 out of 10 and you finished over 20 points behind my wee tinpot club(Who also have 1MILLION more in turnover, because we're no shite).

As an aside, I'd rate Saints a solid 85 out of 100 
Bit like rating the fans good looks too tbf. Solid 8.5s are the Saints.

Edited now. Clearly I meant out of 110. Tedious pedantry.

Most in the top league won't sit in with cloggers like Davo. Dundee United will come at us full tilt and it'll be like a Lion to Zebra as we mount them and tear the b*****ds apart. We're going to f**k them next week.

We need to make sure we get a convincing win at Cowdenbeath though as they're the sort of games Hartley couldn't pick the team up for. 

El-Bak isn't a lone striker which is maybe why the first half in particular was a struggle last night. McCann changed to 4 4 2 though and won the match off of that.

Hartley would've stuck on a Striker for El-Bak and kept one upfront to make sure it was a draw minumum. We're in a better place than last season and overall i'm pleased.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

32 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Most in the top league won't sit in with cloggers like Davo. 

Just be thankful the donkey played or you lot wouldn't have won. He was played at centre half last night though so it  would be a bit worrying if he didn't 'sit in' as you put it. Bit unfair to accuse the Rovers of being negative. We started with 4 forwards in our side  last night to your how many? 

And if you want to talk about cloggers I would look no further than your own RB he was horrendous and booted the ball out the ground anytime it came near him.

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Just be thankful the donkey played or you lot wouldn't have won. He was played at centre half last night though so it  would be a bit worrying if he didn't 'sit in' as you put it. Bit unfair to accuse the Rovers of being negative. We started with 4 forwards in our side  last night to your how many? 

And if you want to talk about cloggers I would look no further than your own RB he was horrendous and booted the ball out the ground anytime it came near him.

Pleasing.

Who pissed in your cornflakes you finger ridden rodent.

ETA - your team kicked their way through the game last night and it's lucky an injury wasn't caused. Typical Raith tbh you've always been a set of dirty c***s. Hopefully relegation looms for you lot so you can play your Before Christ style football with the likes of Edinburgh City.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

I'd play our strongest XI against Buckie. Get them another game of getting used to each other and you would hope they would get us another 3 points. I'd rest a few key players against Cowdenbeath and have the team fresh to get tore into the dabs.