All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Pinko said:

Based on last night and the ongoing concerns in attack McCann may revert to a 4-4-2 long term with Moussa and Haber as the target men and FEB and Wighton playing off them?

Would love to see that.  My only concern would be whether FEB and Wighton could assist the midfield defensively enough.

Would love to see that.  My only concern would be whether FEB and Wighton could assist the midfield defensively enough.

I think he means either Moussa or Haber with either Wighton or FEB?

NM will clearly also want to play at least one of his wingers.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Would love to see that.  

Same here, would cause chaos to opposition defences. IMO.

ETA. Moussa and Haber up front in a 4-4-2.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

28 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think he means either Moussa or Haber with either Wighton or FEB?

NM will clearly also want to play at least one of his wingers.

What?  Now I'm massively disappointed.

Throw in a winger as well I say.  Nothing better than the Kevin Keegan approach to picking a team.

Edited by Shadow Play

Same here, would cause chaos to opposition defences. IMO.
ETA. Moussa and Haber up front in a 4-4-2.

Absolutely. Think we have the presence and talent to play 2 up top long term and all 4 have something different to give.

Don't get the love for 4-4-2. There is not much of it around these days and I think that's for a reason. The question isn't whether we are good enough to play 4-4-2, it's whether we're good enough to play anything else?

Edit: Not that it isn't nice to have the twin battering ram approach in our back pocket.

Edited by The Algebraist

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

Don't get the love for 4-4-2. There is not much of it around these days and I think that's for a reason. The question isn't whether we are good enough to play 4-4-2, it's whether we're good enough to play anything else?

Edit: Not that it isn't nice to have the twin battering ram approach in our back pocket.

One up top only works if you have midfielders getting up to support the lone striker.  If you have two men out wide (Wolters and  Deacon) and two sitting midfielders (Kamara an O'Hara) then it just leaves Allan.  That's why it didn't work on Tuesday. 

My idea of 1 up top is to have two sitting midfielders and 3 attacking midfielders in behind. I'd still have Wolters, Allan and Deacon in behind but give Wolters and Deacom the freedom to cut inside and attack/support the striker instead of sticking to the wing.

Elliot Parish on a one year deal. Never heard of him but he'll only be back-up and if Bain leaves we'd sign a first choice so not distraught. Tidy bit of business and cheap back up.

A 1 year deal. Both keeper's gone by end of next season.
Looking likely we will get zero for Bain. Is that good business ?

Does Elliott do clean sheets ? :-p

I go back and forth with Bain. When he's got the right attitude he can be a match winner for us. He wasn't at the races quite a few times last season tho IMO.

I'd rather have a replacement in now and cash in on him even if it is just a few hundred thousand.