All things Dundee FC

Considering the (to put it mildly) absolutely shite service he has to work off of last season I think he did fairly well. Playing in a team who can create chances I think he'd comfortably get 10 goals a season.

Anyway, regardless, we need someone more prolific and hopefully Moussa will be that guy. Would still like us to hang onto Haber for at least another season.

Sums it up perfectly, the service and midfield in general was shite!

McCann's recruited well in that area now so no excuses for the front line - should now see what they are fully capable of.

2 hours ago, JockysJetpack said:

I like Haber but I'm not even sure this is true. He got 9 last year which was a far better return than I think any of us were expecting but realistically he strikes me as the type that would get 5/6 in a season most years. Most of his work is done in the build-up with bringing others into play etc.

Still think he's alright as an option though and it should be noted that he didn't have a pre-season with the mighty Dees (or at all?!) last season so maybe that's why he struggled towards the end?

Thank You

I think it's a bit of a stretch to equate that 9 goals in spite of him missing almost a third of a season to a fluke. Over a full season in a better balanced team, you'd expect double figures based off that.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to equate that 9 goals in spite of him missing almost a third of a season to a fluke. Over a full season in a better balanced team, you'd expect double figures based off that.

Not meaning to sound like a pop at Haber. I like him and think he is a decent player, I just think his game isn't about scoring goals (strange as it may sound for a striker). I'm not sure he was exactly prolific anywhere he's been. Scored about 9/10 a season playing more games in a season in those shitey English leagues, no?

As I say I like Haber, my point was more that you can't 'expect' 10 goals a season from him each year I don't think he has shown that consistency over his career. But ultimately we would have gone down without him last year. Appreciate Ross's point too about lack of quality service last year and he still popped in 9 so happy to hold my hands up.

Hopefully Big Marcus reads this fires in 30 on our way to the treble and lifts his t-shirt saying "f**k you JockysJetpack". I'd take that

Thank You.