All things Dundee FC

I don't care if we play a derby ever again (after next week.) I'd rather see both clubs go head to head in a race to see who can avoid liquidation. Hopefully united will lose. If we do, well, that's the risk you take man.

42 minutes ago, GrantB878 said:

Another intellectual statement from a Dundee fan, a statement far more fitting to the old firm divide than the City of Dundee.

If you can't articulate an argument without that level of obscenity then it's a real shame.

Of course there will be fractions of either side that will go too far and what you've described is obviously the case but you cannot tell me that Dundee (or United for that matter) are better off in separate leagues? Naturally both have to earn the right to be there but I'd far rather slug it out for who would finish higher (in the same league) than come up against the likes of ICT or Hamilton on a regular basis.

The City needs the Derby on a regular basis and so do BOTH clubs financially or otherwise.

It does seem however, the 'banter' in recent times is turning quite sour and to an unacceptable level of hatred - time to re-evaluate why the rivalry is enjoyed by friends and families before and after 90mins - together.

If what I've said above doesn't resonate to your level of vocabulary, I'll put it in a way you may understand - You're talking absolute shite!

Utter pish.

The city doesn't need the derby on a regular basis. Businesses didn't go under and no-one died because we were in the lower league for years.

We don't need it financially either - Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are the last three teams that came up so there's a direct replacement for your fans.

Utter pish.
The city doesn't need the derby on a regular basis. Businesses didn't go under and no-one died because we were in the lower league for years.
We don't need it financially either - Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are the last three teams that came up so there's a direct replacement for your fans.

Yeah i don't think the derby is needed. But surely more enjoyable playing your rivals than playing the likes of hamilton and ross county. Also the derby is always guaranteed to be on tv. Dont think you could say the same about dundee v hearts/rangers/celtic

Utter pish.

Direct replacement, what are you talking about? You'd maybe get a full house with Rangers travelling but not the other two and I'd very much doubt anyone has bought a season ticket this year on the back of hibs returning to the league (the famous hibs vs. dundee fixture).

Every club in the league(s) needs to maximise revenues, so that's a very narrow minded approach and I'll informed statement.

The potential revenues from 2+ derbies a season, tv revenues as a result and the sale of additional season tickets helps your club progress (on and off the park).

Scottish football needs as many derbies in the top flight as possible for the continued trajectory and sustainability of the product not to mention TV deal negotiations.

Wake up!

12 minutes ago, GrantB878 said:

Direct replacement, what are you talking about? You'd maybe get a full house with Rangers travelling but not the other two and I'd very much doubt anyone has bought a season ticket this year on the back of hibs returning to the league (the famous hibs vs. dundee fixture).

Every club in the league(s) needs to maximise revenues, so that's a very narrow minded approach and I'll informed statement.

The potential revenues from 2+ derbies a season, tv revenues as a result and the sale of additional season tickets helps your club progress (on and off the park).

Scottish football needs as many derbies in the top flight as possible for the continued trajectory and sustainability of the product not to mention TV deal negotiations.

Wake up!

Fucking hell, this reads like an excerpt straight from Neil Doncaster's propaganda handbook.

Who said anything about Hearts and Hibs selling out? The time before last your mob brought 1800 fans.

"Scottish football needs as many derbies in the top flight as possible" - stop saying 'needs' - no it doesn't. It'll have as many derbies as there are local rivals in the top league. We've got by just fine without the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee derbies for the last few years. 

Two seasons in the diddy leagues and you're getting hysterical - stay doon.

Fucking hell, this reads like an excerpt straight from Neil Doncaster's propaganda handbook.
Who said anything about Hearts and Hibs selling out? The time before last your mob brought 1800 fans.
"Scottish football needs as many derbies in the top flight as possible" - stop saying 'needs' - no it doesn't. It'll have as many derbies as there are local rivals in the top league. We've got by just fine without the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee derbies for the last few years. 
Two seasons in the diddy leagues and you're getting hysterical - stay doon.

Wow, you've clearly no grasp whatsoever of the meaning of propaganda.

Another intellectual statement from a Dundee fan, a statement far more fitting to the old firm divide than the City of Dundee.

If you can't articulate an argument without that level of obscenity then it's a real shame.

Of course there will be fractions of either side that will go too far and what you've described is obviously the case but you cannot tell me that Dundee (or United for that matter) are better off in separate leagues? Naturally both have to earn the right to be there but I'd far rather slug it out for who would finish higher (in the same league) than come up against the likes of ICT or Hamilton on a regular basis.

The City needs the Derby on a regular basis and so do BOTH clubs financially or otherwise.

It does seem however, the 'banter' in recent times is turning quite sour and to an unacceptable level of hatred - time to re-evaluate why the rivalry is enjoyed by friends and families before and after 90mins - together.

If what I've said above doesn't resonate to your level of vocabulary, I'll put it in a way you may understand - You're talking absolute shite!

You obviously didn't read what he said. It was 100% spot on. If you read it and didn't understand it then you are part of the problem.

Now f**k off back to the other forum.

Well when we were struggling to save our club during the administration periods and after, there have been numerous cases of arabs taking "the banter" way too fucking far. One case involving young Dees packing shopping bags in asda for donations to DFCSS, only to have some arab b*****d show up who thought it would be oh so fucking hilarious to sing songs about Dundee being shite while throwing monopoly money at the boy. Or the time when a gig in town was happening and prominent arab involved with a certain dundee band, used the sight of a man in a DFC t-shirt as reason to incite the united supporters in the pub to sing "united songs" to humiliate the guy, which lead to the guy being hounded out the pub by a group of utter fucking idiots acting like a barely controlled pack of fucking dogs. To the literally hundreds of the c***s who thought it perfectly fine to chant about "Bobby Cox In His Box" during a derby game. To the Club Organisation itself blatantly lying about their players assault of a fellow professional and claiming it was somehow actually the fault of the man who was bitten, because our fans were being "racist". The club who's fans were on twitter last week verbally abusing a teenage Dundee player over a possible career ending injury he'd received. To the hundreds of their sick fans who found it very funny to defend their rapist b*****d player by singing "David Goodwillie, He'll shag who he wants" on many occasions. Or when their fans were celebrating on social media over finding out a player of theirs had sucker punched a fellow professional in the back of the head and left him bleeding on the ground in another city while taking off in a taxi.

If they went bust I'd obviously feel sorry for some of the folks who work there and would lose their jobs, and a fair few of their supporters who are decent guys.
But would I feel any kind of remorse to see hoolies tears become real and permanent at the thought of losing his club forever, considering what I saw him have done to a guy in the aforementioned gig for nothing more than the crime of supporting another football team? Not a fucking chance. 
If the Monopoly money guy who abused a kid in asda over a football team was himself upset at the loss of his team, I'd laugh my arse off at that.
That club and their fans don't just cross the line, they aren't even close to being aware of the existence of a fucking line.

For all of the endless gloating, arrogance, and abuse, that we've had to listen to from them over the last decade or two. If they were to suffer down the lower leagues for years then go bust, I'd celebrate that almost as much as I did Maggie Thatchers death.

Monopoly money a wouldn't even waste that on use, when use went into administration was brilliant, own fault buying players use couldn't even afford, and use still did nothing ok use scrapped a top 6 finish welldone but half the Argentina players were on the Ching [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

7 minutes ago, fifeunited said:

Monopoly money a wouldn't even waste that on use, when use went into administration was brilliant, own fault buying players use couldn't even afford, and use still did nothing ok use scrapped a top 6 finish welldone but half the Argentina players were on the Ching emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

What language is this?

'Needs' is the wrong word. But it's better for Scottish football as a product to have as many derbies as possible. They're the games which generate by far the most atmosphere and attention. If you have as many of these as possible over the season it's so much easier commercially to market the SPL as a product.

They bring full stadiums and something that Hamilton or Ross County just can't provide.

Ideally the SPL would have: Dundee, United, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. That would make it easier for a half competent marketing/commercial team to sell the league.

Well when we were struggling to save our club during the administration periods and after, there have been numerous cases of arabs taking "the banter" way too fucking far. One case involving young Dees packing shopping bags in asda for donations to DFCSS, only to have some arab b*****d show up who thought it would be oh so fucking hilarious to sing songs about Dundee being shite while throwing monopoly money at the boy. Or the time when a gig in town was happening and prominent arab involved with a certain dundee band, used the sight of a man in a DFC t-shirt as reason to incite the united supporters in the pub to sing "united songs" to humiliate the guy, which lead to the guy being hounded out the pub by a group of utter fucking idiots acting like a barely controlled pack of fucking dogs. To the literally hundreds of the c***s who thought it perfectly fine to chant about "Bobby Cox In His Box" during a derby game. To the Club Organisation itself blatantly lying about their players assault of a fellow professional and claiming it was somehow actually the fault of the man who was bitten, because our fans were being "racist". The club who's fans were on twitter last week verbally abusing a teenage Dundee player over a possible career ending injury he'd received. To the hundreds of their sick fans who found it very funny to defend their rapist b*****d player by singing "David Goodwillie, He'll shag who he wants" on many occasions. Or when their fans were celebrating on social media over finding out a player of theirs had sucker punched a fellow professional in the back of the head and left him bleeding on the ground in another city while taking off in a taxi.

If they went bust I'd obviously feel sorry for some of the folks who work there and would lose their jobs, and a fair few of their supporters who are decent guys.
But would I feel any kind of remorse to see hoolies tears become real and permanent at the thought of losing his club forever, considering what I saw him have done to a guy in the aforementioned gig for nothing more than the crime of supporting another football team? Not a fucking chance. 
If the Monopoly money guy who abused a kid in asda over a football team was himself upset at the loss of his team, I'd laugh my arse off at that.
That club and their fans don't just cross the line, they aren't even close to being aware of the existence of a fucking line.

For all of the endless gloating, arrogance, and abuse, that we've had to listen to from them over the last decade or two. If they were to suffer down the lower leagues for years then go bust, I'd celebrate that almost as much as I did Maggie Thatchers death.

Spot on laddie.

Thank you.

Wake up!

Stephen Thompson, imo.

'Needs' is the wrong word. But it's better for Scottish football as a product to have as many derbies as possible. They're the games which generate by far the most atmosphere and attention. If you have as many of these as possible over the season it's so much easier commercially to market the SPL as a product.

They bring full stadiums and something that Hamilton or Ross County just can't provide.

Ideally the SPL would have: Dundee, United, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. That would make it easier for a half competent marketing/commercial team to sell the league.

Dundee wouldn't be needed shite stadium and small crowds [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

3 hours ago, GrantB878 said:

Wake up!

Your no missed pal,deal with it.

1 hour ago, fifeunited said:

Monopoly money a wouldn't even waste that on use, when use went into administration was brilliant, own fault buying players use couldn't even afford, and use still did nothing ok use scrapped a top 6 finish welldone but half the Argentina players were on the Ching emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Use

That is all.