All things Dundee FC

It's the results against the other shite teams that will define our season. Anything from a top 6 team is a bonus and anything at Ibrox would've been a miracle IMO.

I get your point but we can't afford to write these games off as the likes of Hamilton will not provide us easy points.

A well drilled side would have went to Ibrox and made life difficult for them. We made their day very easy and had this stupid idea that our attacking players would win out in a really open game.

We've got to start being negative in some moments and just try to grind points out. The one game we do have a point from, we were recklessly attacking and gave them quite a few chances that they should have put away.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

A wee bit OTT on here. We've now got a midfield that doesn't create? I take it we've forgot about the numerous chances created in the last 3 then to win them all. 

Ross County I was hoping for 3 points, the rest have been c***s of a fixture list early season. Yes I include Hamilton away because of that c**t of a surface. Now's the time to start picking up points. 

I can't remember many chances we created against Rangers, Hibs or Ross County. We created a barrowload against Hamilton - and had a few opportunities against Aberdeen (Yet Joe Lewis still didn't have a save to make). So 1 game where we created numerous chances out of 5, scored a total of 4 goals in 5 games, 1 of which was a penalty. Indeed, the official match report of the County game ends with the sentence, 'Today there were far too few occasions when they were able to get that close to a goal in open play.' Our goal against County was also from a set-piece when the game was done.

2 goals from open play in 5 games. According to the official we've had 15 shots on target over the past 5 games, which means we average 3 shots on target per game which indicates that the supply just isn't there. Over the past 3 games, we've had a total of 3 shots on target. That's grim.

2 goals from open play in 5 games. According to the official we've had 15 shots on target over the past 5 games, which means we average 3 shots on target per game which indicates that the supply just isn't there. Over the past 3 games, we've had a total of 3 shots on target. That's grim.

This accompanied by the fact that we can't defend as a team cements the fact that we deserve to be bottom. That's no dig at Hendry and Waddell btw, the team need to start working for each other and give 100% with a lot more dig.

We have some talent but it's worthless if we can't work as a unit. It's down to McCann to make this happen.

We cant afford to play Deacon, Allan and El Bakh plus a misfiring striker in the same team, it leaves our midfield woefully over run. As far as midfield goes, McCann needs to accept and understand that McGowan must play, if he is fit, he has to be on the pitch IMO.

McCanns insistence on 4231 trying to play good football can be admired, but it isnt working, myself and others said it wouldnt work after watching us in the cup games against lower league teams. Sometimes you need to be man enough to admit that you cant achieve what you want to, and organise what you have to achieve the best results.

As usual with us, we have an unbalanced squad, and a physio team who must be the busiest in the country. I still think we will be OK, but things need to change soon.

Allan isnt what he thinks he is, he isnt what some fans think he is either. His one good spell came for Hibs in the Championship, he needs to start performing at this level to justify his spot in the team. The nonsense about trying too hard, or seeing passes others dont is grating.

I get your point but we can't afford to write these games off as the likes of Hamilton will not provide us easy points.

A well drilled side would have went to Ibrox and made life difficult for them. We made their day very easy and had this stupid idea that our attacking players would win out in a really open game.

We've got to start being negative in some moments and just try to grind points out. The one game we do have a point from, we were recklessly attacking and gave them quite a few chances that they should have put away.

To be fair - we defended pretty well until (as is typical) we fell asleep just before half time and they scored.

It was clear we didn't have a plan B.

We cant afford to play Deacon, Allan and El Bakh plus a misfiring striker in the same team, it leaves our midfield woefully over run. As far as midfield goes, McCann needs to accept and understand that McGowan must play, if he is fit, he has to be on the pitch IMO.
McCanns insistence on 4231 trying to play good football can be admired, but it isnt working, myself and others said it wouldnt work after watching us in the cup games against lower league teams. Sometimes you need to be man enough to admit that you cant achieve what you want to, and organise what you have to achieve the best results.
As usual with us, we have an unbalanced squad, and a physio team who must be the busiest in the country. I still think we will be OK, but things need to change soon.
Allan isnt what he thinks he is, he isnt what some fans think he is either. His one good spell came for Hibs in the Championship, he needs to start performing at this level to justify his spot in the team. The nonsense about trying too hard, or seeing passes others dont is grating.

We actually need a dirty b*****d in midfield

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can't remember many chances we created against Rangers, Hibs or Ross County. We created a barrowload against Hamilton - and had a few opportunities against Aberdeen (Yet Joe Lewis still didn't have a save to make). So 1 game where we created numerous chances out of 5, scored a total of 4 goals in 5 games, 1 of which was a penalty. Indeed, the official match report of the County game ends with the sentence, 'Today there were far too few occasions when they were able to get that close to a goal in open play.' Our goal against County was also from a set-piece when the game was done.

Chances being created aren't only shots on target. How many have been off target and how many times have we opened teams up out wide only for the striker to make the wrong runs?  Deacon has created opportunity after opportunity. Not his fault that none of the strikers have decided to make a run to the front post which is the 1st thing that is taught to strikers. 

Edited by Yenitit

Ludo I was at Pittodrie. We cut Aberdeen wide open on several occasions. If we played like that every week we would be fine.

Deacon and Kamara are decent signings as is Hendry. The rest, including Scott Allan look pish. McGowan and Haber have to start if fit.

Pmsl, so I was sat in pain watching the updates come in yesterday and couldn't help get a tune out of my head so inspired by @johnnydun I did a wee edit to the lyrics for this is how it feels by the inspiral carpets...

Manager don't know what he's done
Team don't know what's wrong with thum (them)
He can't say, they can't see
Putting it down to another bad day
Team don't know what's wrong with thum

So this is how it feels to be Dundee
This is how it feels to be a Dee
This is how it feels when your team keeps winnng fk all

Black car drives through the town
Some guy from the top estate
Left a note for a local girl
And yet he had it all on a plate

So this is how it feels to be Dundee (feels to be Dundee)
This is how it feels to be Dees (feels to be Dees)
This is how it feels when your team keeps winning fk all

Team don't know what's wrong with thum
He can't say, they can't see
Putting it down to another bad day

Nothing at all
Nothing at all

Haven't got anything for the "black car" verse yet but it amuses my dark humour...

Thank you & Sorry too

Edited by locheedee

Ludo I was at Pittodrie. We cut Aberdeen wide open on several occasions. If we played like that every week we would be fine.

Deacon and Kamara are decent signings as is Hendry. The rest, including Scott Allan look pish. McGowan and Haber have to start if fit.

I was also at Pittodrie 'Spud and I have to disagree with you. An Aberdeen side having an off day was comfortable against us other than Vincent's chance which wasn't a result from any great play from ourselves. We did dominate for 20 or so minutes in the second half without creating anything special and then a piece of managerial naivety ended up costing us the game.

I agree with your assessment of the players tho!

Not wanting to comfort you p***ks, but under Lomas we failed to win any of our first eight games before randomly stumbling upon a formation and team that eventually saw us finish 3rd. Fives game in is too early to have defined your season.

Lomas won his second game in charge of us against Hibs and followed it up against Hearts. His first game was a draw at Ibrox.

If you mean the following season when we finished third then beat Celtic in 6th match as part of five match winning run. That would be 8 if included European games I guess.

Lomas won his second game in charge of us against Hibs and followed it up against Hearts. His first game was a draw at Ibrox.

If you mean the following season when we finished third then beat Celtic in 6th match as part of five match winning run. That would be 8 if included European games I guess.

Interesting.

I was also at Pittodrie 'Spud and I have to disagree with you. An Aberdeen side having an off day was comfortable against us other than Vincent's chance which wasn't a result from any great play from ourselves. We did dominate for 20 or so minutes in the second half without creating anything special and then a piece of managerial naivety ended up costing us the game.

I agree with your assessment of the players tho!

There was managerial naivety but nobody would have stopped May's second. A piece of total class.

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Shut the f**k up, Walter. The one time that RandomGuy posts something that I like the sound of and you try and ruin it you big nosed c**t.

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Shut the f**k up, Walter. The one time that RandomGuy posts something that I like the sound of and you try and ruin it you big nosed c**t.

Actually, I have a lovely, pert, wee nose a bit like Belinda Carslisle in her youth. But I'll shut the f**k up anyway. 

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just seen the 4th goal for the first time there... What the hell is that from Bain?

Looked like a guy who had a grand on Dundee losing 4 goals to me. 

He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous at times. Fortunately it's mostly sublime though.

13 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Another 2 goals for Matty Henvey tonight against Aberdeen. Can we get this boy at least on the bench please? He's an absolute goal scoring machine at that level. Got to be worth a shot.

He definitely deserves a run out anyway - I know we'll be trying to protect him but it can't do him much good seeing them pass him over for guys that aren't performing