All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

The number of points from 6th place is irrelevant. The only reason you mention it is because 6th happened to be only 3 points away; it could just as easily have been 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th. Or 5th, 4th, 3rd...

Not really. The reason I mention it is that Dundee are apparently a club that aspires to Top 6 football and from what I've read have a budget geared towards that. The point of me highlighting that was simply to suggest that last season though Dundee were sitting bottom they were still within a reasonable touching distance of a target that may have been set at the start of the season.

The context was why Hartley may have been afforded time so despite a run of 2 wins in 13 he was still only 3 points off mid-table.

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

The number of points from 6th place is irrelevant. The only reason you mention it is because 6th happened to be only 3 points away; it could just as easily have been 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th. Or 5th, 4th, 3rd...

HTF can that be considered irrelevant ? With 3 points separating 6th from bottom last season 3 or 4 straight wins would propel you up the league and create a points cushion, the more you become detached the effect of having a 3-4 game winning run will not result in a huge jump position wise or create the points cushion it would have achieved last season.

The longer Dundee are stuck at the bottom the more effect it will have on the players confidence and overall morale at the club.

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not really. The reason I mention it is that Dundee are apparently a club that aspires to Top 6 football and from what I've read have a budget geared towards that. The point of me highlighting that was simply to suggest that last season though Dundee were sitting bottom they were still within a reasonable touching distance of a target that may have been set at the start of the season.

The context was why Hartley may have been afforded time so despite a run of 2 wins in 13 he was still only 3 points off mid-table.

In other words, you have no idea what our budget or aims were? 

The gap to 6th is irrelevant for a team sitting bottom. It's the gap to 10th that matters. Yes, that's also bigger but that would have been a more relevant point to make.

6 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

HTF can that be considered irrelevant ? With 3 points separating 6th from bottom last season 3 or 4 straight wins would propel you up the league and create a points cushion, the more you become detached the effect of having a 3-4 game winning run will not result in a huge jump position wise or create the points cushion it would have achieved last season.

The longer Dundee are stuck at the bottom the more effect it will have on the players confidence and overall morale at the club.

The fact that it was 3 points to 6th place remains irrelevant in terms of avoiding relegation (which is the aim for any team currently bottom).

Those same 3-4 wins create the same cushion at the bottom regardless if it takes a team to 6th or 10th. 

30 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

So are wins worth less points now or what? 

You're spouting cliched crap as if no-one has heard it before. No-one is paying you to be the thread's spam consultant. Please be anywhere else.

What a complete bellend you are, back to back wins last season would conceivably have lifted the bottom club to 8th or possibly higher, the same scenario arising this season because of the points gap between Dundee and the clubs above in all probability could only advance you to 9th with a reduced points cushion comparable to last season.

So even achieving back to back wins is not going to have the effect it had last season, if you don't agree with that then fair enough.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Hartley at least had a promotion, a top 6 finish and an 8th placed finish (12 points clear of the play-off) that in some way justified that time and patience though.

McCann's a TV pundit in his first management job who was appointed having won 2 out of 5 games in a relegation scrap and having initially left the club somehow ended up back 3 days later with a 3 year deal and a permanent post.

Who knows, he may turn it round but as it stands if Dundee fail to win against Rangers on Friday then they'll be going into December on less points than the Club 12 season. That team at least had mitigating circumstances that accounted for their league position. Similarly though Dundee were bottom at this point last season they were also only 3 points off 6th. This season they're 9 points off 6th place and a manager who's apparently falling out with players left, right and centre.

That's brutal reading, but every word of it is true. 

PS. Just what everyone wants to see:

6pb9qx.jpg

Of course he fucking has.

Edited by LiamDFC

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

What a complete bellend you are, back to back wins last season would conceivably have lifted the bottom club to 8th or possibly higher, the same scenario arising this season because of the points gap between Dundee and the clubs above in all probability could only advance you to 9th with a reduced points cushion comparable to last season.

So even achieving back to back wins is not going to have the effect it had last season, if you don't agree with that then fair enough.

That would have been true on the last day of the season. What about 14 games in?  What about the affect two wins would have on our confidence, wouldn't we kick on? Don't ask me I don't know and neither do you.

These comparisons are meaningless, there have been any number of permutations over the last few years and i really don't see the substantial difference between looking at a scenario where we would sit 8th  or 9th with half the games left. Your just like a pundit nodding sagely about six pointers. They don't exist.

Edit: Also if you win more points, other teams win less. So we could conceivably have been 8th with back to back wins. You might argue we aren't playing those teams next  so that's impossible which would seem a solid argument until you consider the comparitor which is last season's final league table. Back to back wins are completely impossible at that stage. Point is, you're posting meaningless drivel.

Edited by The Algebraist

Heard that Wolters sauntered off the pitch in the u-20's game the other night around the 70th minute (3 subs already made) after he was tackled, took a seat on the bench and said he wasn't going back out there if he's getting tackled like that. He was eventually told to get his arse back out there.

Vincent apparently bottling tackles with kids, and Gadz letting people walk past him constantly.

24 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Heard that Wolters sauntered off the pitch in the u-20's game the other night around the 70th minute (3 subs already made) after he was tackled, took a seat on the bench and said he wasn't going back out there if he's getting tackled like that. He was eventually told to get his arse back out there.

Vincent apparently bottling tackles with kids, and Gadz letting people walk past him constantly.

Bit harsh mate,  need to remember it was the mighty Saints they were up against.

What kind of players do we have,fucking pussies.

40 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Should be a sacking offence for all three of the shitebags. IMO.

Ffs I'm lost for words now lol

What a fud McCann is, claiming teams are paying respect to Dundee's style. It's only 3 weeks past on Saturday we toyed with you with 10 men increasing our lead to 2 goals after being reduced to ten men, if that's showing respect then I'm a f*****g dee and that is never gonna happen.
The guy is clearly cracking up under the stress, just hope the Dundee board are as negligent as the sevco board and retain his services.

Lost for words ?? Absolute fukwit [emoji23]

So you would give him 2 thirds of the regular season before punting him ?
Over your first 14 fixtures you have won 9 points, over your last 5 fixtures you have 1 point, going on a % basis of points won over your first 14 games, if the conversion rate stays consistent, you are predicting Dundee to have 14 points out of a possible 66. 
That would only give a new manager 11 games of the regular season, and the 5 post split matches to turn around the damage done by the current manager at the turn of the year.
Taking into account how long it takes a new manager, to get his message across Dundee could quite possibly even find themselves relegated pre split fixtures.

And other than when you played us I know absolutely hee hawa about accies points, squad or results.

I guess that's a symptom of being irrelevant.
Now f**k off you boring little boy

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

That would have been true on the last day of the season. What about 14 games in?  What about the affect two wins would have on our confidence, wouldn't we kick on? Don't ask me I don't know and neither do you.

These comparisons are meaningless, there have been any number of permutations over the last few years and i really don't see the substantial difference between looking at a scenario where we would sit 8th  or 9th with half the games left. Your just like a pundit nodding sagely about six pointers. They don't exist.

Edit: Also if you win more points, other teams win less. So we could conceivably have been 8th with back to back wins. You might argue we aren't playing those teams next  so that's impossible which would seem a solid argument until you consider the comparitor which is last season's final league table. Back to back wins are completely impossible at that stage. Point is, you're posting meaningless drivel.

A lot of your points carry a lot of validity, and are points I couldn't argue, however my original post was in response to McCann still being in charge at the end of December, and using your current % of points conversion you would have 14 points after 22 games, this in all probability would see an increase in the points difference between yourselves and fellow relegation candidates.

Just now, happyaccie said:

A lot of your points carry a lot of validity, and are points I couldn't argue, however my original post was in response to McCann still being in charge at the end of December, and using your current % of points conversion you would have 14 points after 22 games, this in all probability would see an increase in the points difference between yourselves and fellow relegation candidates.

Very interesting.

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

/unsubscribe.

5 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

And other than when you played us I know absolutely hee hawa about accies points, squad or results.

I guess that's a symptom of being irrelevant.
Now f**k off you boring little boy

Let me enlighten you as you seem incapable of posting anything constructive, and seem to think that posting personal abuse at someone is relevant,

Accies currently sit in 8th on 15 pts, Dundee are in 12th on 9pts.

Dundee fans share the same affliction as sevco fans, think that both their clubs are big hitters within the Scottish club scene, this is now 2017 guys those days had expired way beyond my entry into this world, you are now where you are, a semi established Premiership club who are under achieving not due to historical achievements but due to having a far superior budget than most of your competitors.