All things Dundee FC

If Celtic really have come in with such a derisory offer of 300 thousand I’d make a stance and make them meet our demands plus more. £1.5M from everyone else, £1.8M minimum for Celtic. Play them at their own game and tell the them to f**k off. 

If Bournemouth come in for Hendry they’ll blow Celtic out the water anyway. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because you're trying to get £30m off the likes of Chelsea for Dembele, clubs like Chelsea don't want to sign strikers who'll not hit the ground running straight away. The market you're trying to sell too doesn't value potential, so you're putting Dembele straight up against the likes of Dzeko, but you're wanting more for less. 

That's why absolutely nobody has any interest in him, apart from desperate dross like Brighton, and why you'll be stuck with him sulking for six months before you sell him for much less than you wanted. 

They aren't even looking for £30m. They rejected a £3.7m bid the other day. Looking at £4.5m will get Dembele in the end.

Edited by Forest of Dean

13 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Liam Lindsay was younger, better and in most people's team of the year last season and in the summer he netted Partick Thistle  £350k

how on earth is Jack Hendry worth 4-5 times what Lindsay was? You bring up Boyata, but he had played in the premier league, eredivise and had been called up for the Belgium national team before his move to us.

I here what you're saying about Boyata having more experience than Hendry, however, in terms of what I’ve seen this season IMO Hendry is every bit as good as Boyata.  I don’t know whether that just means Celtic are not getting the best out of Boyata.  There is also a very good reason why Boyata no longer plays for Man City or even in the Premier League.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Every time I think we’ve turned the corner we fook it up but by the same token just when it seems we are well and truly fucked we bounce back. Brilliant 3 points today.

Yep. I was ready to have my pitchfork out if we lost today. Massively needed 3 points.

10 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Parkhead boss Brendan Rodgers also wants to push through a deal for Dundee defender Jack Hendry before Wednesday night's transfer deadline.

The Scottish champions have already opened the bidding for the 22-year-old, but a £500,000 offer was rejected after Dens Park boss Neil McCann branded it 'very low.'

Sportsmail first revealed Celtic's interest in Hendry back in December when he attended the Champions League defeat to Anderlecht alongside Morgan as a guest of the club.

The young Scottish centre-half, who joined Dundee on a two-year deal from Wigan last August, has made 28 appearances for the Dark Blues who have slapped a £1.5million price tag on his head.

Celtic believe that valuation is excessive. However, with Rodgers keen to secure a deal before the window closes, further discussions have taken place in the last 48 hours and a second bid is anticipated.

'There's been a bid, a low bid — very low — but nothing since,' said McCann on Friday.

'They were told it (the offer) wasn't enough and that will be the message if it continues in that vein.

Very disrespectful from Celtic, I'm sure that the Celtic fans will demand that celtic meet Dundee's valuation and stop trying to unsettle the player.

Don't want to sound disrespectful but a 22 year old with under 50 first team apperances having a high value placed on his head by McCann is crazy. Every club are well within their rights to place a price tag onto a player who is under contract to them, and I respect Dundee for sticking to their guns, but looking at it realistically the lad has had three clubs in four seasons plus two loan periods. He has obviously failed to make the grade with Wigan which would suggest they detected deficiencies in his game and didn't feel he was worthy of retaining to work on his weaknesses and they opted to release him.

Dundee have been the beneficiaries of Wigan's decision as he has found a level he has made an impression in, but to place an unrealistic value on the guy is imo wrong, our business model is to unearth young talent, then give them opportunities that provide a platform for personal advancement within the game. 

As I have said fair dues to Dundee standing firm in their beliefs that he is worthy of a higher value transfer fee but for me he is in the process of establishing himself as a first team player and Dundee's valuation may never be matched.

Can I ask you as guys who see young Hendry week in week out what you think would be the lowest figure Dundee would consider concluding a deal at ?

9 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Don't want to sound disrespectful but a 22 year old with under 50 first team apperances having a high value placed on his head by McCann is crazy. Every club are well within their rights to place a price tag onto a player who is under contract to them, and I respect Dundee for sticking to their guns, but looking at it realistically the lad has had three clubs in four seasons plus two loan periods. He has obviously failed to make the grade with Wigan which would suggest they detected deficiencies in his game and didn't feel he was worthy of retaining to work on his weaknesses and they opted to release him.

Dundee have been the beneficiaries of Wigan's decision as he has found a level he has made an impression in, but to place an unrealistic value on the guy is imo wrong, our business model is to unearth young talent, then give them opportunities that provide a platform for personal advancement within the game. 

As I have said fair dues to Dundee standing firm in their beliefs that he is worthy of a higher value transfer fee but for me he is in the process of establishing himself as a first team player and Dundee's valuation may never be matched.

Can I ask you as guys who see young Hendry week in week out what you think would be the lowest figure Dundee would consider concluding a deal at ?

500k and he'll be gone imo

I think it’s unfair to say he failed at Wigan. As far as I can tell he did ok there but they let him go to invest in other players. It’s hard to place a value on a Scottish player as they always sell for peanuts. I’d hope we’d get more than we got for Greg Stewart so somewhere around 750k would do me. But crucially we need to keep him until the end of the season. I wouldn’t sell him now unless it was a bonkers price (£1M+).

What do you reckon he’s worth? Please bear in mind if he goes we will probably finish in the bottom 2 IMO.

2 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I think it’s unfair to say he failed at Wigan. As far as I can tell he did ok there but they let him go to invest in other players. It’s hard to place a value on a Scottish player as they always sell for peanuts. I’d hope we’d get more than we got for Greg Stewart so somewhere around 750k would do me. But crucially we need to keep him until the end of the season. I wouldn’t sell him now unless it was a bonkers price (£1M+).

What do you reckon he’s worth? Please bear in mind if he goes we will probably finish in the bottom 2 IMO.

Being honest I hate putting a value on other clubs players, but I think his lack of experience tempers any prosects of securing a huge fee. Based on my limited live game time I have seen the guy in i do rate him, would probably say £500K would be a fair price, but with Sellick desperate to acquire CB cover in this window you can probably squeeze more out of them.