All things Dundee FC

Like what you did there but league cup was 12/13

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Ah - sorry my mistake.

However when I think about it both Dave McKay and Brian Easton won the cup last year, both Dundee players.

Not sure what Boredom Guy is on about.

I'd be absolutely amazed if Easton moved to you lot. He'll likely either move to a bigger side in this division, but frankly both United and Aberdeen now have left backs and Celtic wouldn't be interested. Doubt Caley or Accies would be more of a draw than Dundee either. I suspect he'll be looking for a move South again if he is to leave us, although it wouldn't be the oddest transfer if he joined you.

I think this is tragic as f**k also.

Looking for a wee bit of help.

Thistle are scheduled to play Dundee in the Development League next weekend. Does any Dundee fan know where it might be played? I saw Gayfield had been used a lot in the early season but obviously the weather might not be conducive to grass and games might be switched to artificial surfaces.

Looking for a wee bit of help.

Thistle are scheduled to play Dundee in the Development League next weekend. Does any Dundee fan know where it might be played? I saw Gayfield had been used a lot in the early season but obviously the weather might not be conducive to grass and games might be switched to artificial surfaces.

Our games have been bounced around a few grounds this season. Usually Gayfield like you say but Dens and Station Park have been used a few times aswell. We even played 1 "home" game at Alloa. Reckon Gayfield is probably the best bet though.

Our games have been bounced around a few grounds this season. Usually Gayfield like you say but Dens and Station Park have been used a few times aswell. We even played 1 "home" game at Alloa. Reckon Gayfield is probably the best bet though.

Agree with Mr G: almost certain to be Gayfield, although weather could alter that. Usually played at 6pm on a Tuesday night. Outside chance it could be Dens as we're supposed to play four games there this season and we've only played two so far.

Check the DFC website or Twitter feed. Alternatively, check back here at start of next week and I'll post details when they're confirmed.

Despite being at St Johnstone for all them years and obviously being in his second stint at Morton, it's nice to see that Dundee are the club he seems to hold a special place in his heart for. Here's a couple of Dundee related Q&A's from his 'spotlight':

Link.

No surprise to see him say Paul McGowan is the biggest moaner he's ever played with! laugh.png

Well remembered. In retrospect we overpaid.

Mind you did he not score on his debut against the Dons at Pittodrie?

Yep, Simon Stainrods barmy army.

That was a fairly surreal signing. Me and my old man pitched up at Pittodrie, and watching the warm up, most of the away support had no idea who the "big lad" was. Nine minutes in, he bulleted home a cross to put us 1-0 up. "What a signing" we thought. However later in the half his lack of pace was cruelly exposed, when a mid 30's Stewart McKimmie beat him to a through ball despite Paterson having about a 10 yard head start :lol:

However he had some fine moments. I think he equalised in a 2-2 draw at Broomfield after we'd had two men sent off. I also remember him having a header cleared off the line late in that bonkers 4-4 draw at Saints.

We had a thing for beanpole forwards in those days. Ivo Den Biemen being a fine example. Anyone remember him absolutely halving Walter Kidd at Dens? I genuinely thought Kidd would get up and kill him.

Edited by jupe1407