All things Dundee FC

Don't see the fuss over that top tbh. Didn't think it was anything special at the time, still don't now.

Think it would have looked a bit better sponsorless. As has been mentioned, the quality of the original was absolute shite.

Thanks for the blog Rumple. It's a real pisser trying to explain clearly company accounts particularly to a person who is not working in the company, where you might have an understanding of the assumptions and a mastery of some of the detail, like the sums paid to former employees.

I think you should write a book and call it "A football supporters guide to football clubs' annual accounts".

Get it published and send a copy to lazy journalists and general busybodies like Cosgrove.

Alas both Spence and The Courier are tangerine tinted purveyors of pish and you were quite right to excoriate them.

Please send an email of complaint to the editor to see if they publish it!

A couple of years ago I was thinking of writing a book about football finance, but the amount of work involved would be wildly out of proportion to the reward. There's a huge need for such a book, but not much demand.

Being self-employed I'd rather sell my services to DCT at a consultancy rate. :)

This was one case where "lazy journalism" wasn't the problem. If they'd been lazy they could just have copied the club statement. Instead they tried to do just a little bit of extra work, but got way out of their depth.

Don't see the fuss over that top tbh. Didn't think it was anything special at the time, still don't now.

Think it would have looked a bit better sponsorless. As has been mentioned, the quality of the original was absolute shite.

This. Brings back a lot of bad memories as well.

A couple of years ago I was thinking of writing a book about football finance, but the amount of work involved would be wildly out of proportion to the reward. There's a huge need for such a book, but not much demand.

Being self-employed I'd rather sell my services to DCT at a consultancy rate. :)

This was one case where "lazy journalism" wasn't the problem. If they'd been lazy they could just have copied the club statement. Instead they tried to do just a little bit of extra work, but got way out of their depth.

Rumple, if you want I will act as your agent. I will sell your analysis to DCT's and the rest of the fitba press to make sure that they don't make uber chunts of theirselves. Then I'll go and secure a big advance on "a stupid chunt's guide to fitba money" from Amazon, and we are on our way!!

Cheers

Rumple, if you want I will act as your agent. I will sell your analysis to DCT's and the rest of the fitba press to make sure that they don't make uber chunts of theirselves. Then I'll go and secure a big advance on "a stupid chunt's guide to fitba money" from Amazon, and we are on our way!!

Cheers

Nice idea, but Amazon don't work that way. I know someone who loses money on every book he sells through Amazon because of the cut they take.

And as for being an agent, I don't believe you're a real one. You're not a low-life parasite after all, are you? 8)

It's mental how some people like things and others don't, eh? It's a crazy world we live in.

Back to the bottom six with you!

Didn't see that one coming at all. Massive result for you lot and a crucial blow to our hopes. It's still Hamilton that I can see being the one dropping out (if one does) but that's massive for St Johnstone.

Didn't see that one coming at all. Massive result for you lot and a crucial blow to our hopes. It's still Hamilton that I can see being the one dropping out (if one does) but that's massive for St Johnstone.

Yeah was just playing around tbh, bit surprised thats us level with Hamilton now tbh, and only four behind United. Didnt realise we were that close to both of them.

Nice idea, but Amazon don't work that way. I know someone who loses money on every book he sells through Amazon because of the cut they take.

And as for being an agent, I don't believe you're a real one. You're not a low-life parasite after all, are you? 8)

nah, I'm not an agent. Parasite, I hope not, although I am in the land of the waged after a long time in business.

You misread me, I wanted an advance from Amazon. I fundamentally disapprove of them, as they ripoff writers, publishers, tax payers etc.. while claiming to act for the public by bringing down prices. Ultimately their business model puts everybody but themselves in the financial poo, hence the desire for a big advance.

Would've made more commercial sense to have next season's kit out for the Speroni game. Would've got plenty of early sales.

I wouldn't have minded that being next seasons kit tbh. I think it's a lot better than the original. The original wasn't the best, this one seems a cracker. The only real difference is the sponsor -probably - but shows what a difference a decent logo'd sponsor does to a top.