All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

It's worse than that regular poster on here!
We have qualified for :
the European Champions Cup - gone, albeit it looks like the same trophy;
the Cup Winners Cup - gone completely;
the Fairs Cup- gone but then morphed into
the UEFA Cup - also morphed Ito something else!

Mind you we also qualified for the Dewar Shield and The Forfarshire Cup which seem to have morphed into oblivion.

Cheers

Tbf I think the Forfarshire Cup is still on the go, probably still playing 2015/16s competition though.. 

6 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Aye but what aboot the Dewar Shield? By f**k do I miss that! To hell with the Cup Winners Cup. emoji857.png

Saints are the current holders of the Dewar Shield. Yet another trophy that the wee team can only dream of winning.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Shield, not trophy

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Not 100% but think he has been released. He scored a lot for the 20s but didn't make the bench for the first team at all.

Maybe you're thinking of Ian Smith, who we got from Hearts. Was on first team bench at least once but released in January.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

How on earth do you guys hate Vincent? He continually impresses me and was a stand out yesterday, winning tackles and up scoring a rebound off the bar from Fez's effort. Great engine on him.

Did he not just fit into the system, or maybe just wrong club or something?

That was against Stirling Albion  (no disrespect etc). Where was this player when it mattered against the dabs in the play-offs? He was completely anonymous in both legs. You had one job, James. 

I think he's found his level. 

26 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Saints are the current holders of the Dewar Shield. Yet another trophy that the wee team can only dream of winning.

Have St Johnstone ever won the Tennent's Sixes? 

No. f**k off then. 

Maybe you're thinking of Ian Smith, who we got from Hearts. Was on first team bench at least once but released in January.
Nah it was John I'm thinking of. Don't think he has played in any of the friendlies so far and certainly not been with the first team. Noticed a few players have went without an announcement.

48 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Oh my.

Let's be honest, Dundee and Hamilton probably are 'rivals' these days. Since the 06 season our clubs fortunes have been pretty much similar and there's been a tasty spark between ourselves and your clubs 3 fans that has never been present with St Johnstone as they're pretty irrelevant. 

How on earth do you guys hate Vincent? He continually impresses me and was a stand out yesterday, winning tackles and up scoring a rebound off the bar from Fez's effort. Great engine on him.

Did he not just fit into the system, or maybe just wrong club or something?

I didn’t think he was nearly as bad as some on here make out. Usually available to take a pass, could break up play and tried to push forward. For various reasons he never got a really decent run plus it was felt he lied down in a game against Caley. Hartley obviously didn’t rate/trust him. When NM arrived it was a case of getting rid of anybody who he could get rid off.

Ikpeazu for Hearts showing what a decent finisher can do to change a game that was going nowhere up to then. I can't believe we can't find anyone above Moussa. 

But we need to be signing proven quality goal scorers...

Big uche averages nearly 1 in 4 in league 2 in England.

I’m sure if someone with that record was signed by Dundee this week, excitement levels wouldn’t exactly be soaring. The narrative from some this summer would continue.

Excellent draw for us, couldnt ask for any better.

Finished second last year, drew a championship team  at home in the next round, easy win. That would do us again :)

Edited by srw