All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the quarters ended up as the Dark Blue Laddies v The Tadgerines? If either got through of course.
Would that count as a real Derby, our Colts against the Day Glo first team?
Here's hoping.....

It'd be pish yourself funny if the colts pumped their first team tho

5 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the quarters ended up as the Dark Blue Laddies v The Tadgerines? If either got through of course.
Would that count as a real Derby, our Colts against the Day Glo first team?
Here's hoping.....

It's certainly possible in the last 16. 

12 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Striker Benajmin Kallman - 20 year old Fin apparently signing today. 

source seems to be a Finnish news article which refers to his form as being similar to "denim in the fashion industry"

Already signed according to wikipedia :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Källman

12 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

source seems to be a Finnish news article which refers to his form as being similar to "denim in the fashion industry"

Translate the same article from Swedish and it makes an awful lot more sense. 

https://www.hbl.fi/artikel/is-benjamin-kallman-nara-flytt-till-skottland/

5 minutes ago, Thomohawk said:

Translate the same article from Swedish and it makes an awful lot more sense. 

https://www.hbl.fi/artikel/is-benjamin-kallman-nara-flytt-till-skottland/

Think I preferred denim in the fashion industry!

Will see if this goes through before making any comment on what I've seen on youtube.

38 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Maybe turn him into an international player also

Already been capped in a friendly so there or there about in the squad already. 

Was in the squad for a friendly in January but can't see if he was on the pitch at the same time as Kamara. wouldn't surprise me if Kamara is the one who's tipped off McCann here.

I appreciate hearing the rumour and that but I think McCann will be a bit seething that it's leaked after the Jones debacle last week. Looking at the guys record this season (8 goals and 2 assists in 20 games of their current league season) and hearing how he's well regarded in Finnish football - you'd think there would be interest elsewhere so still a bit cautious about this going through.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

After my comment about "having our lot" this is undisputable proof that I know nothing and should be permanently barred from posting.

The guy looks the business to be honest. I know YouTube videos are always deceiving and can never be used to judge a player but some of the finishes he produces highlights a first class strike which we blatantly don't have. He looks like he has massive resale potential having been already capped for Finland and only being 20.  

That all being said, I don't think it's fair to rely on a 20 year old striker and we shall need another in including this guy before I'm happy!

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The guy looks the business to be honest. I know YouTube videos are always deceiving and can never be used to judge a player but some of the finishes he produces highlights a first class strike which we blatantly don't have. He looks like he has massive resale potential having been already capped for Finland and only being 20.  

That all being said, I don't think it's fair to rely on a 20 year old striker and we shall need another in including this guy before I'm happy!

You can say that again!

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tele saying it'll only initially be a loan deal. 

It looks like a loan with a permanent transfer planned once all the parties are settled and happy.  Cue NM stapling him to the bench like he did with Scott Allan (injury aside) and/or giving him 10 minute run outs as a sub thusly angering the player, the loaner club and having the whole thing scuttled by January with the player begging to leave. But seriously, and even with the knowledge that youtube highlights for players are just that 'highlights' you can see that this lad has something going on with him. This guys youtube clips blow that Jones poser fae last week right out of the water.

Some top drawer finishes that the moose certainly isn't capable of, it's not his fault that he isn't good at football, it's oor fault for signing him. and continuing to play him. Have to say lads this one looks promising!