All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why do people look pretty stupid ? We have no idea if we have been looking at him for a while or not.
Mendy was awesome in Norway second division . So far did little .

I'm not wanting to be negative at all as we need a striker and McCann has went and got one.

Like you said we don't have a clue , but why are people looking stupid ?

Nothing has changed. I hope he replaces Moussa however . Then if he starts scoring the people who still back Moussa may look stupid?

To call other Dundee fans stupid for panicking because we are shite upfront I find absurd.

However I hope the new man starts on Saturday and bangs in a hatrick.

to clarify, the people who have called for McCanns head - again not necessarily on here but on other forums - because he hadn't signed a striker and was waiting "until we were out of the cup and had no points after 6 games" look a bit stupid, IMO. 

The over reaction after the Aberdeen game was ridiculous. 

Based on the interview posted above - which seemingly took place after a game 2 weeks ago - it would seem we've been doing work on this one for a while and it's finally over the line.

10 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

to clarify, the people who have called for McCanns head - again not necessarily on here but on other forums - because he hadn't signed a striker and was waiting "until we were out of the cup and had no points after 6 games" look a bit stupid, IMO. 

The over reaction after the Aberdeen game was ridiculous. 

Based on the interview posted above - which seemingly took place after a game 2 weeks ago - it would seem we've been doing work on this one for a while and it's finally over the line.

This seems to be how McCann works, stiff upper lips all!

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Hopefully some of the ridiculous over the top hysteria over the last week might calm down a little bit now.......

Exactly.  Hopefully Moussa will be dropped and no one will ever again suggest he is a footballer and worthy of wearing the dark blue. :o

The most important thing about this signing is that Benji and Mendy are ideal rhyming couplets for any Derry lyricists to be working on. 

Also, Elton Ngwatala, Kamara and Kharl Madianga scan perfectly into the first two lines of Barry Manilow's Copacabana. 

McCann is to be applauded on his recruitment policy of considering potential songs before signing up any targets. 

Kiitos. 

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Also, Elton Ngwatala, Kamara and Kharl Madianga scan perfectly into the first two lines of Barry Manilow's Copacabana. 

We've Ngwatala, and Kamara, we've even got Karl Madianga....etc

There's definitely a song there.

Seems confident and speaks very well. 
I like him.

Actually quite surprised by how well he speaks English. But then again most countries in the world can speak other languages fluently bar the UK.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

Actually quite surprised by how well he speaks English. But then again most countries in the world can speak other languages fluently bar the UK.

Especially the Scandinavian countries. Most kids come through their school systems with almost perfect English. Takes away any risk of Language barrier. I'd actually hazard a guess the he possibly speaks a bit of French too.

The fact that he can finish chances 2 yards out from goal means he will be a tenfold improvement on Moussa before he even starts. It’s been a long slog coming on here every day waiting on a signing and I must admit I was one of those who thought nobody was coming in but I’m delighted today and feeling a lot more optimistic already. Hoping the lad can hit the ground running, welcome to the only team in Dundee!

14 minutes ago, Dariusz said:

We've Ngwatala, and Kamara, we've even got Karl Madianga....etc

There's definitely a song there.

If you see some drunken lunatic singing this by himself at St Johnstone or at Dens v Motherwell, come and say hi. 

15 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

"are you looking to make an impression here?"

ffs, are they expecting him to go 'naw, I'm planning to disappear up my own arse by October"?

:1eye

It probably doesn't help that the interviewers aren't paying attention to what he is saying, and also that they are saying things that are factually incorrect. The woman interviewing asks him if he's met his teammates about 2 minutes after he told them that he had a training session with the team earlier in the day.

Then she says will he be in the team facing Queen of the South, Wtf? Then the guy interviewer is talking about the 'Betfred' Cup, how is the Finnish Wolf supposed to know what a Betfred is? I dinnae even ken!

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The most important thing about this signing is that Benji and Mendy are ideal rhyming couplets for any Derry lyricists to be working on. 

McCann is to be applauded on his recruitment policy of considering potential songs before signing up any targets. 

Kiitos. 

I don’t care what song they come up with.  You can’t beat.....who out the ball in united’s net?.......... :lol:

10 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

It probably doesn't help that the interviewers aren't paying attention to what he is saying, and also that they are saying things that are factually incorrect. The woman interviewing asks him if he's met his teammates about 2 minutes after he told them that he had a training session with the team earlier in the day.

Then she says will he be in the team facing Queen of the South, Wtf? Then the guy interviewer is talking about the 'Betfred' Cup, how is the Finnish Wolf supposed to know what a Betfred is? I dinnae even ken!

Yup, totally amateurish. 

Poor guy must be wondering if these idiots don't understand English or something.

Aye, this is the type of signing that Hibs and Motherwell seem to pull out of the bag and leave me wondering what our scouting is playing at. Lad looks good in the videos, a lot sharper and incisive than anyone we currently have on the books. Hopefully he does the business because he's still very young and potentially a lucrative sell on for us.